Donkai Havertz | Arsenal Watch

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Well that's the issue with having too many good players isn't it? somebody is going to be unhappy somewhere.

It's clear so far though the 4-3-3 doesn't work great.
We have the same amount of good players as any other top club, i dont feel we have too many.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
A lot of players struggle coming into the Prem, time is definitely on his side though, only 21 so lots of potential to grow his game. Remember Ndombele's first season he was woeful at Spurs for the 55mil they paid, injured, and unfit for the whole season, I remember De Bruyne running past him like he was a training cone. Was talk he was done and finished in the EPL, a year later and he is bossing it.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
They are proper no 9 not false 9. Messi, Fabregas and Bernardo Silva were/are the false 9 under Pep.
Lewandowski, Dzeko, Giroud etc. are proper no 9. Never seen Fabregas up-front. Messi also never played top forward centre, Bernardo Silva is rather a winger.

SoCross

Lewandowski, Dzeko, Giroud etc. are proper no 9. Never seen Fabregas up-front. Messi also never played top forward centre, Bernardo Silva is rather a winger.
Fabregas played as a false nine for Barca

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well, you need to watch and follow more football mate.

Fabregas was signed by Pep to be false 9. He played there under Pep and also in Spain. And also Fabregas confirmed it when Rio did video with him, that Pep called him when he was at Arsenal and told him that Pep planned to play him as false 9, trying to play him together with Xavi, Iniesta & Messi.

Messi was false 9 in 2010/2011 season forced David Villa to play on the left.

Bernardo Silva has been used in lot of different position and false 9 is one of them by Pep.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Well, you need to watch and follow more football mate.

Fabregas was signed by Pep to be false 9. He played there under Pep and also in Spain. And also Fabregas confirmed it when Rio did video with him, that Pep called him when he was at Arsenal and told him that Pep planned to play him as false 9, trying to play him together with Xavi, Iniesta & Messi.

Messi was false 9 in 2010/2011 season forced David Villa to play on the left.

Bernardo Silva has been used in lot of different position and false 9 is one of them by Pep.
You could also bring examples which are not 10years + old ;)

Kimmich was also used as a right back, but you would never call him right back cause his main role is CDM despite he can play RB.

Anyway, we are drifting too far from Havertz away.

As predicted, Lampard won't last and Tuchel might be his successor. For Havertz that might be really good, because I believe that Tuchel actually has a gameplan.

I'd say in March we will be able to say some more.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Still think he will be a success, I think Werner will to some extent too despite how shocking they have both been under Lampard.

They both look shot of confidence and void of ideas, with better instruction coming from Tuchel I expect them both to improve a lot.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You could also bring examples which are not 10years + old ;)

Kimmich was also used as a right back, but you would never call him right back cause his main role is CDM despite he can play RB.

Anyway, we are drifting too far from Havertz away.

As predicted, Lampard won't last and Tuchel might be his successor. For Havertz that might be really good, because I believe that Tuchel actually has a gameplan.

I'd say in March we will be able to say some more.
Aren't you missing the point? All I said is that Havertz will fit into Pep's false 9, same goes with Bernardo, Messi & Fabregas, they are/were Pep's standard false 9. WTF Kimmich being CDM or can play as RB has anything to do with the discussion :lol:

You made a point that false 9 needs physical strength which what Havertz doesn't have, and I told you the opposite that false 9 is not about physical strength.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
From Chelsea‘s perspective he better be the 2nd coming of Ronaldo otherwise he will enter the history books as the guy who got Chelsea‘s biggest legend sacked.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
From Chelsea‘s perspective he better be the 2nd coming of Ronaldo otherwise he will enter the history books as the guy who got Chelsea‘s biggest legend sacked.
I mean, if he were the only player underperforming and was a millweight that the board forced Lampard to continue playing, then sure maybe. The fact is the whole team is underperforming and that's down to Lampard.

If you're looking for the perfect example of a single player getting a manager sacked, look at Torres / Ancelotti. Havertz's situation isn't even close to that level.

united_99

I mean, if he were the only player underperforming and was a millweight that the board forced Lampard to continue playing, then sure maybe. The fact is the whole team is underperforming and that's down to Lampard.

If you're looking for the perfect example of a single player getting a manager sacked, look at Torres / Ancelotti. Havertz's situation isn't even close to that level.
Well he has been a very expensive summer signing and hasn’t been performing at all. Obviously he didn’t actively get Lampard sacked, but his nothing performances stand out more compared to cheaper players.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
If United signed him for £75m and he played as he has for Chelsea, the media would have a field day and never let it go. Look at Sanchez who was free, the way the media went on about how bad a signing it was, was pretty relentless. Most clubs get an easy ride for bad signings and United get it so bad from the media.

united_99

If United signed him for £75m and he played as he has for Chelsea, the media would have a field day and never let it go. Look at Sanchez who was free, the way the media went on about how bad a signing it was, was pretty relentless. Most clubs get an easy ride for bad signings and United get it so bad from the media.
Sanchez wasn’t free, it was an exchange for a mediocre ex Dortmund player. But agree with your general point.

Teja

The non stop goals per pound stats that fly around. It's amazing that we command such attention even when the club hasn't had a proper trophy in almost a decade.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Well he has been a very expensive summer signing and hasn’t been performing at all. Obviously he didn’t actively get Lampard sacked, but his nothing performances stand out more compared to cheaper players.
Sure, I think that's entirely fair. I just disagree with your implication that he single-handedly got Lampard sacked is all.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hope he does but I'll be a little annoyed if he's suddenly the second coming of Pele and Ronaldo.
I thought about that and it's basically a lose-lose situation in the next few weeks for some of big underperformers - play well and win, see they downed tools. Play badly and lose, see atrocious frauds Lampard had to work with. Reminds me of Oscar turning into prime Socrates the minute Mourinho was sacked.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I thought about that and it's basically a lose-lose situation in the next few weeks for some of big underperformers - play well and win, see they downed tools. Play badly and lose, see atrocious frauds Lampard had to work with. Reminds me of Oscar turning into prime Socrates the minute Mourinho was sacked.
Indeed.

With Werner I won't mind, even his biggest critic can't accuse him of not trying. If anything he's too stressed out and overthinking things.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Indeed.

With Werner I won't mind, even his biggest critic can't accuse him of not trying. If anything he's too stressed out and overthinking things.
I was perusing the comments in both Werner and Havertz latest Instagram post. Kids are already in here tonight calling them snakes and frauds for getting Lampard sacked.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I was perusing the comments in both Werner and Havertz latest Instagram post. Kids are already in here tonight calling them snakes and frauds for getting Lampard sacked.
It's so dumb. As if they're deliberately trying to be shit in their first season to get the manager who signed them and plays them every week, the sack.

To be fair though, anyone who posts anything shitty on a footballers Twitter or Instagram is an utter moron.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Aren't you missing the point? All I said is that Havertz will fit into Pep's false 9, same goes with Bernardo, Messi & Fabregas, they are/were Pep's standard false 9. WTF Kimmich being CDM or can play as RB has anything to do with the discussion :lol:

You made a point that false 9 needs physical strength which what Havertz doesn't have, and I told you the opposite that false 9 is not about physical strength.
Well, in facct you didn't understand my example. I was pointing out that if someone can play a certain position, doesn't mean he should be called a player on that position.
So the false 9 part need physical strength as you can see at Fabregas and at Messi (that little dude is a beast btw., incredibly strong) and Havertz doesn't have that.
Furthermore Havertz isn't a false 9 player. He is a playmaker with good finishing attributes (false 9 is rather participating in playing that being a playmaker).

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well, in facct you didn't understand my example. I was pointing out that if someone can play a certain position, doesn't mean he should be called a player on that position.
So the false 9 part need physical strength as you can see at Fabregas and at Messi (that little dude is a beast btw., incredibly strong) and Havertz doesn't have that.
Furthermore Havertz isn't a false 9 player. He is a playmaker with good finishing attributes (false 9 is rather participating in playing that being a playmaker).
I didn't, that's what I'm telling you. All I said is that Havertz will fit into Pep's false 9, same goes with how Pep used Bernardo, Messi & Fabregas as his false 9. I don't know why are you making things up something that I never say?

Look, we need to cut the bullshit and move on. We are all know you don't know what is false 9, the fact that you called Suarez & Aguero as false 9 and you admitted you never watch Fabregas, Messi & Bernardo playing as false 9 sums up everything about this discussion. Like I said before, you need to watch and follow more football.

RashyForPM

Getting a lot of stick by Chelsea fans on his socials. Unbelievable. You’d think a 21 year old who’s never left Germany in his life wouldn’t need time to settle in the way these guys carry on, and yet you have these guys blaming him and Werner for getting Lampard sacked :houllier:

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Internet football culture, especially on Twitter, Instagram etc. is incredibly toxic. Feel sorry for him, he is such a genuinenly down-to-earth guy who is struggling a bit at the moment. Sickens me that people are behaving like this.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
I didn't, that's what I'm telling you. All I said is that Havertz will fit into Pep's false 9, same goes with how Pep used Bernardo, Messi & Fabregas as his false 9. I don't know why are you making things up something that I never say?

Look, we need to cut the bullshit and move on. We are all know you don't know what is false 9, the fact that you called Suarez & Aguero as false 9 and you admitted you never watch Fabregas, Messi & Bernardo playing as false 9 sums up everything about this discussion. Like I said before, you need to watch and follow more football.
Well, at least we agree that we should finish this discussion.
Havertz had under 1 day Tuchel already a better game than und Lampard so as I said, it's worth to evaluate after a month. I predict Havertz will do way better under Tuchel.

PS: Maybe you should switch of your phone/pc for some time and go out. Would do you good ;)

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well, at least we agree that we should finish this discussion.
Havertz had under 1 day Tuchel already a better game than und Lampard so as I said, it's worth to evaluate after a month. I predict Havertz will do way better under Tuchel.

PS: Maybe you should switch of your phone/pc for some time and go out. Would do you good ;)
So why Havertz under Tuchel has anything to do with what I posted? Did I say anything about Tuchel? You don’t seem to know what you are reading. :lol:

I don’t go switching off my phone or PC like you do. Keep getting call and working.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A well-deserved self-bump :lol:

Fair play
I always maintained Havertz was a striker, never understood the clamour for him to be a midfielder or even a 10.

he’s the perfect foil for Werner also, it just made perfect sense.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I always maintained Havertz was a striker, never understood the clamour for him to be a midfielder or even a 10.

he’s the perfect foil for Werner also, it just made perfect sense.
I wouldn't necessarily pigeon-hole him into a role as a striker - I agree that in this system that makes the most sense for him, but a lot of his value stems from his ability to move around, play balls in behind from midfield, and make runs from deep. In this system Tuchel has devised where the front 3 have license to move pretty freely, Havertz makes a lot of sense. Certainly more than our other options if you ask me.