Donkai Havertz | Arsenal Watch

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Kicker is talking about a total package from 100m Euros, while the sources in England are writing about a even smaller fee than Kepa, even with add-ons.

Sounds like the reporters from each country got their sources from their club in the country, so it will look like a good deal for both sides. In Germany they are trusting their sources and the same in England with their sources.
Chelsea themselves named him their "record signing" on their website. I'd be pissed if Havertz went for such a small fee after all but I' convinced the probability that the kicker report is wrong is very, very low.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Great signing, we're seeing a new breed of goal scoring #10s as the position is having a rebirth with more modern managers switching from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1.
Havertz had his best games as an 8 in a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-1. He can play the 10 but that's not where his best performances occured in the past.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Havertz had his best games as an 8 in a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-1. He can play the 10 but that's not where his best performances occured in the past.
100%. He's capable of playing up top because his movement is already so good, but when he's playing as an 8 he can dictate the play with his passing and still create overloads by crashing the penalty area.

Seems pretty likely at this point he'll be the right sided 8 in a 4-3-3 - I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll combine with Ziyech down the right. I think it's a natural partnership - Havertz has been at his best when close to other playmakers that allow him to combine (e.g. Brandt), while Ziyech is not really the sort of player who runs in behind defenses like Havertz is and has always relished in hovering around the edge of the box.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Havertz in at 8.5 now. Lots of value to be had with Chelsea attackers this season.

Wow wrong thread :lol:

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Would like to him wish him all the best but I´m having difficulties with that when he´s playing for the Abramovich club. Hopefully, it´s a stepping stone for him and he moves to a world class team in 3-4 years.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
If he develops properly he can replace either Muller or Lewandowski in the next 4yrs

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If he develops properly he can replace either Muller or Lewandowski in the next 4yrs
If he develops well enough for Bayern to want him to replace one of those two, Chelsea will likely have returned to table at the top of European football, and he's going to cost an arm and a leg and then some. Good luck trying to pry him away in that scenario. I doubt you'll be able to.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If he develops well enough for Bayern to want him to replace one of those two, Chelsea will likely have returned to table at the top of European football, and he's going to cost an arm and a leg and then some. Good luck trying to pry him away in that scenario. I doubt you'll be able to.
Like how they've struggled to get Sane from City?
Or how Madrid struggled to get Hazard from Chelsea?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Bigger names than Havertz have veen signed at their peak. If Havertz wants a move in a couple of years he'll most likely get it.

macheda14

In four years times he'll have one year left and could push for a move. Players seem to have more power these days than they ever did in the past. Although a just as likely scenario is he plays fantastic for you and stays for years to come.

hubbuh

It depends how much he loves the motherland.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Sane was unwanted and left for 50
Hazard its been revealed is gonna cost upward of 140 and that was for a 29 year old with only a year left
So bayern are welcome to pay tbat price if not more in the future.

charlenefan

Hazard its been revealed is gonna cost upward of 140 and that was for a 29 year old with only a year left
Sane unwanted? City were literally trying to get him to sign a contract till the end. He wanted to move to Bayern and there was nothing City could do about it. Do you even know what you're talking about?

The common factor between both Sane and Hazard is that all players have to do is run their contracts down and the parent club have no choice but to sell (or let the player leave on a free) and Chelsea are no exception to that as proved by the Hazard situation

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Sane unwanted? City were literally trying to get him to sign a contract till the end. He wanted to move to Bayern and there was nothing City could do about it. Do you even know what you're talking about?

The common factor between both Sane and Hazard is that all players have to do is run their contracts down and the parent club have no choice but to sell (or let the player leave on a free) and Chelsea are no exception to that as proved by the Hazard situation
You gonna ignore the point where hazard at 29 and a year left went for well over 100 mil or what ?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
To be fair, Chelsea held off on Hazard for a long time and got a great financial deal for a player that looks like he may be past his best now. Got great service, possibly the players best years, and made a tidy profit.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
In 4yrs if me develops well,
He would have 1yr left on his deal,
He will be approaching his peak years technically and physically
He would be longing to play for the tier 1 teams in Europe
1yr left or he moves for free
Bayern has done similar with Boateng, Vidal Sane where they bought them back into the team after they had stints outside the Bundesliga
The best way to be a star for the German NT is to play for Bayern.
Kimmich Goretzka Sane Gnabry Nubel Sule are likely to be key players in the NT going forward
Bayern is pretty good at waiting for players on free transfers and Kai timelines can fit when Muller and Lewandoski retires

macheda14

Bayern has done similar with Boateng, Vidal Sane where they bought them back into the team after they had stints outside the Bundesliga
The best way to be a star for the German NT is to play for Bayern
What an interesting poem

charlenefan

You gonna ignore the point where hazard at 29 and a year left went for well over 100 mil or what ?
No not all, Chelsea had a price for Hazard and Real agreed to pay it. Had they not Hazard would have left on a free and got his move 12 months later. Fact is though it wasn't hard to prise him away from Chelsea

Now are you going to ignore the point about Sane?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Bigger names than Havertz have veen signed at their peak. If Havertz wants a move in a couple of years he'll most likely get it.
Hazard is the only player we've lost against our wishes in 15 years and that's after we got 7 seasons out of him. I'm not saying the scenarios mentioned in these replies aren't possible. I'm saying I don't believe Chelsea will put themselves in a position to lose him cheaply and I don't believe Bayern will able to afford what he'll likely cost if he develops into a superstar.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
No offense, but Havertz is German and we have always been one of, if not THE the top destination for German players. There have been exceptions to the rule (Reus mostly), but it'd be quite naive to say that there was no chance Havertz would force his way out when his contract is running out. I wouldn't say that Sané was unwanted by City either. I don't think we'd be able (and also want to) buy a superstar like Hazard who was nearing his 30s (and also not German) when he transferred, IF we're buying a star then it's always gonna be someone either at a reasonable age (Sané) or a reasonable price (Vidal). We'd have paid 100m+ for Sané last summer (and most probably gotten him) if it wasn't for his injury, I'm pretty sure of that.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Hazard is the only player we've lost against our wishes in 15 years and that's after we got 7 seasons out of him. I'm not saying the scenarios mentioned in these replies aren't possible. I'm saying I don't believe Chelsea will put themselves in a position to lose him cheaply and I don't believe Bayern will able to afford what he'll likely cost if he develops into a superstar.
That's not really the point. I don't think anybody claims it won't be a high fee. But your initial post came across as if it would be impossible to sign Havertz.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
No not all, Chelsea had a price for Hazard and Real agreed to pay it. Had they not Hazard would have left on a free and got his move 12 months later. Fact is though it wasn't hard to prise him away from Chelsea

Now are you going to ignore the point about Sane?
Lmfao sane is not a Chelsea case hazard is and a 29 year old with ONE year left was sold for well over 100 mil. So unless they prepared to wait a year (provided he runs his contract down) they have to pay well over 150 mil to buy him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That's not really the point. I don't think anybody claims it won't be a high fee. But your initial post came across as if it would be impossible to sign Havertz.
The initial post was literally about my belief that Bayern won"t being able to afford/willing to pay the extortionate fee he'll likely cost if he develops into one the best players in Europe. Nothing more.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Kimmich Goretzka Sane Gnabry Nubel Sule are likely to be key players in the NT going forward
Bayern is pretty good at waiting for players on free transfers and Kai timelines can fit when Muller and Lewandoski retires
I think Chelsea will likely insist on extending his contract in two years and again two years after that. He will have to actively refuse to sign it for him to have 1 year left in 4 years. I doubt Chelsea will allow themselves to be in a position to lose such a gigantic asset cheaply. That's all my post was about.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Doesn't even rhyme. It's a no from me.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think Chelsea will likely insist on extending his contract in two years and again two years after that. He will have to actively refuse to sign it for him to have 1 year left in 4 years. I doubt Chelsea will allow themselves to be in a position to lose such a gigantic asset cheaply. That's all my post was about.
Yeah. I get. But if Kai gets tapped earlier enough, he can refuse an extension like Sane and Hazard did to walk away free or get a reduced transfer fee

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah. I get. But if Kai gets tapped earlier enough, he can refuse an extension like Sane and Hazard did to walk away free or get a reduced transfer fee
hazard didnt leave for a reduced fee, even at 29 with a year left the total sum will be over 100 mil

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
hazard didnt leave for a reduced fee, even at 29 with a year left the total sum will be over 100 mil
Bayern was ready to pay 100m for Sane last season, if Kai develops well Bayern won't have a problem paying 100m for a young German forward

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not that it will change much but Hazard was sold when he was 28.

Also others who said Chelsea didn't lose any players against their wishes in 15 years apart from Hazard, there is Courtois too.

Also was there any player who was wanted by Madrid/ Barca in that time? I don't recall any links to any players at all.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I mean you can wish for it if you want, but I I just think it's a highly unlikely scenario.

Blackwidow

If Havertz wants to be a top player for a top club he still has to develop a lot - even if I am not so sure in what direction I would develop him. In my eyes he especially has to up his work rate and his defensive skills - he is not anymore in the small pond where he is the youngest and most talented and the others do the most of that work. Others like Götze or Draxler - who like him were praised as generational talents - never made this step.

The talks you lead right now are just too early.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Bayern was ready to pay 100m for Sane last season, if Kai develops well Bayern won't have a problem paying 100m for a young German forward
It will be well over 100 mil even with a year left imo this is IF he even runs his contract down

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If Havertz wants to be a top player for a top club he still has to develop a lot - even if I am not so sure in what direction I would develop him. In my eyes he especially has to up his work rate and his defensive skills - he is not anymore in the small pond where he is the youngest and most talented and the others do the most of that work. Others like Götze or Draxler - who like him were praised as generational talents - never made this step.

The talks you lead right now are just too early.
I agree btw.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why didn't Bayern get Sane to begin with when he left Schalke?
We had Robben and Ribery then and Sane was not ready similar to Kai right now vs Muller

Tonicruise

Supports
FC Bayern
Lmfao sane is not a Chelsea case hazard is and a 29 year old with ONE year left was sold for well over 100 mil. So unless they prepared to wait a year (provided he runs his contract down) they have to pay well over 150 mil to buy him.
Or we'll wait til his contract runs out and take him for free? If Bayern wants him and he wants Bayern we'll find a way.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Why didn't Bayern get Sane to begin with when he left Schalke?
Deemed to expensive/risky at that time. He was extremely raw back then (still is even at 24) and 50m was more like Havertz money currently. Havertz is more of a finished product compared to Sané at 20-21 but Müller is undroppable right now and I can't imagine Havertz wanting to play second fiddle to anyone.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
All these pompous butthurt Bayern fans :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'd think Chelsea kidnapped Havertz or something. Dude had a choice to stay at Leverkusen and wait for his ‘German dream’ Bayern, he chose to leave. STFU and move along. Dear the gods, now you're waiting to get him on the free...from Chelsea!:lol: yeah good luck with that. We sold Hazard with one year on his contract for what will likely be €140m+ after he was link with Real Madrid for the better part of 5yrs in his 7yrs stay. That's 4x more than we paid for him in 2013.

We sold Courtois with one yr left on his contract, who went AWOL a week before the season started for £35m. That's still probably top 5 most expensive Goalkeepers of all time. Oh yeah we bought Courtois for £7m. Those are the only high profile outgoings another team has forced our hands to make in the last 15yrs.

You've got 17 feeders clubs in your league, Chelsea ain't and will never be one. Unless you steal all the TV revenue your subpar league can muster to throw at him, then Marina might probably notice you.

acnumber9

He hasn’t even played a game for Chelsea yet and he’s already worth well over £150m? feck me.