Kenji Gorre ?

lysglimt

Scout
Apparently he is one of ours - 15 year old son of Dean Gorre who played for Barnsley and Huddersfield. Anyone got any info on him ?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Found this on a Southampton message board:

Daily Star 20/11/2002

Manchester's big two are going head to head in a battle to recruit the eight-year-old son of Barnsley's Dutch star Dean Gorre. Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson hopes to sign tiny striker Kenji Gorre on a two-year contract when he turns nine next April. Young Kenji added: "I want to be a professional footballer like my father, preferably with Manchester United. I want to try to score as many goals for them as van Nistelrooy."
Matt Scott, Daily Star

so was 9 in April 2003 makes him 14 if Star correct

Virtuoso

Found this on him on tribal from today -

Man Utd whizkid Gorre chooses England ahead of Holland - for now
12.03.09 | tribalfootball.com
Manchester United youngster Kenji Gorre is set to pledge his international future to England ahead of the Netherlands.

Gorre is the son of former Ajax and Feyenoord striker Dean Gorre and has been called up to the England U15 squad.

Dean said: "Kenji has lived ten years in England, but has a Dutch passport.

"Because he is an English schoolboy, he may play for the English representative teams. Only with the A-team do you have to have a British passport."

Kenji was with Manchester City since he was eight years of age before joining United.
Pic of him and his dad -

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Man Utd whizkid Gorre chooses England ahead of Holland - for now

Manchester United youngster Kenji Gorre is set to pledge his international future to England ahead of the Netherlands.

Gorre is the son of former Ajax and Feyenoord striker Dean Gorre and has been called up to the England U15 squad.

Dean said: "Kenji has lived ten years in England, but has a Dutch passport.

"Because he is an English schoolboy, he may play for the English representative teams. Only with the A-team do you have to have a British passport."

Kenji was with Manchester City since he was eight years of age before joining United.
Link: http://www.tribalfootball.com/man-utd-whizkid-gorre-chooses-england-ahead-holland-now-232292

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

x42bn6

Can I be the first to say feck off Chelsea and feck off Arnesen.

He'd be an idiot to move to Chelsea anyway, I know it's difficult to breakthrough at United but at least you get some semblance of a chance. This is rarely ever the case at instant gratification number 1 club, Chelsea.
It's arguably equally difficult to break through both squads for different reasons.

I'd prefer him to stay, of course, because we know how to develop youngsters.

Ekeke

I bet Neil Ashton saw his name on here and then started writing the story out of thin air, laced with all those lovely quotes we saw.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
It's arguably equally difficult to break through both squads for different reasons.

I'd prefer him to stay, of course, because we know how to develop youngsters.
I think on paper it's equally difficult. Then you look at the root of it and younger players in general get more playing time at United than they do at Chelsea. Hence why we have a vibrant squad and they have an ageing one.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I think on paper it's equally difficult. Then you look at the root of it and younger players in general get more playing time at United than they do at Chelsea. Hence why we have a vibrant squad and they have an ageing one.
I agree..

Decotron

Meanwhile, Chelsea are attempting to prise away Manchester United's 15-year-old midfield youngster Kenji Gorre, who is recognised as one of the best young talents coming through the Old Trafford academy. (Daily Mail)

Meh, good luck to any youngster who chooses that circus ahead of our fine club. Horrible cnut that Arnesen fella.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He's a naturalized Manc and a United fan. Chelsea can feck right off.

lysglimt

Scout
He can only look at how many Chelsea-youngsters have been given a chance this season - and then make up his mind.

Stoch a few matches
Mancienne a few matches
that tall argentinian up front - in all fairness got a few

Who else ?

What do we have ? Rafael - 20 or so matches, Evans 20+ matches, Wellbeck 10+ matches, Gibson 10+ matches, Rodrigo close to 10 matches

If we were talking Arsenal he would be given a chance - but Chelsea ? Nah

PS18

Heard that news the other day, definitely true (although it wasn't clarified to me whether it was a 2 year scholarship or 2 year pro deal).