Kieran Lee signs for QPR on loan

Kelvin

QPR have agreed to sign Manchester United full-back Kieran Lee on loan for the rest of the season.
Lee will officially join Rangers on 2 January and will be eligible to make his debut for the club in their FA Cup third round match against Chelsea.

The 19-year-old made his first appearance for United's senior side near the end of last season.

Rangers are expected to add several more players to their squad when the transfer window opens in January.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/7163355.stm

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
I rate Lee very highly, hope he does well.

Blow for the reserves though.

PS18

hasn't really played much but apparently QPR want to sign him permanently. very rough english translation of an interview their manager De Canio gave at the weekend:

You have borrowed a couple defender of Manchester United, Kieran Lee. She remained to QPR in the future?

"As I was able to see until now think so yes. Our goal is to keep the strong players, so it is likely that we will ensure buying Lee to definitively. "

PS18

Bollocks. Unless they offer silly money (and why would they?) he'll get a chance here as he's a talented kid.
where's he going to get a chance? i'm a big fan of him but i don't see a route for him into the first team - he's a victim of his own versatility in a way, right-back is the only likely position he could break through in and if Wes leaves and/or Nev's injury woes continue, i can see us making a move in the transfer market to fill that position. if QPR were to offer something in the region of £750k-£1m i think we'd accept, sadly.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
where's he going to get a chance? i'm a big fan of him but i don't see a route for him into the first team - he's a victim of his own versatility in a way, right-back is the only likely position he could break through in and if Wes leaves and/or Nev's injury woes continue, i can see us making a move in the transfer market to fill that position. if QPR were to offer something in the region of £750k-£1m i think we'd accept, sadly.
He's our third best left back probably (assuming we're not counting Mickey).