Kieran McKenna | Ipswich manager

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

3.5 years contact and Pert also joined them as assistant manager.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Good luck to him. Hope he does well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Glad he’s out of the club. Obviously a bad person

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Glad hes gone to be honest as I think the backroom has needed a massive clear out for a while. But I do hope he does well for himself. Best of luck to him.

eltigreFalcao

Best thing to happen both to ManUtd and also him, good luck although I don't rate him. Ipswich is his level tbh and that speaks loudly about our setup

stu_1992

Good for him. Good opportunity for him if he was looking to get into management. So fair play.

Right move for all parties to be honest. It'll be interesting to see who Rangnick can bring in.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I love people that are so confident that him moving on is a great thing, like they have any idea about the inner workings of the club and what he brings to the table.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Not his biggest fan, far from it, but I hope he does well
Is this a meme now?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Very keen to see how he does, hope he does well for Ipswich

Smores

Is the only photo they could get of him one with a united badge on or did they just think it'd stop the 'who?' questions.

HailtotheKing

Was rated very highly. Mixed feelings. But think it's better that we have a clean break, a brand new start with Rangnick fully in control of picking his own people. Good luck to Kieran though. Didn't work out and don't really know if a large part of that was due to Ole, but I wish him all the best.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
That happened bloody quickly.

From what I've seen of him he looks a little bit too meek and mild for management, but I hope I'm left eating my words. Good on you Kieran for having a dig.

AFC NimbleThumb

Doubt he thought he’d be at this point even 2 months ago. Life truly does come at you fast! Best of luck.

eltigreFalcao

Can you provide some insight as to why you think that?
Don't know what you expect really, but that's my opinion. I don't rate him as a coach because I saw consistent coaching failures in our game specifically during his time as first team coach. I think he is, paradoxically, overrated but mainly underqualified for this level of the game, so one or two divisions down the ladder might be a more fitting place for him to develop his career.

Newstyle

It feels a bit harsh complaining now when he is out but he overstayed his welcome sitting through 2 failed regimes. All cred to him making this decision as the board is unable to make them.

the chameleon

Hope he does well.

He was a great coach at youth level. The issue was that the step from youth level to the first team of United is very steep. So many big names and egos, some players like Ronaldo older than him. It was always going to be tough.

At the age of 35, he needed an environment with less scrutiny to hopefully grow as a coach and develop as a manager.

He's very young still for coach, so you never know. With his experience at United, he will command instant respect at Ipswich. Something which he struggled to nail down at United (if reports are to be believed).

You never, if gets 2-3 promotions in a row, has them playing good football, he might be able to manage a Premier League club and have a Pochetino/Potter type of trajectory. Who knows, in 5-6 years he could be a candidate to manage us.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hope he does well.

He was a great coach at youth level. The issue was that the step from youth level to the first team of United is very steep. So many big names and egos, some players like Ronaldo older than him. It was always going to be tough.

At the age of 35, he needed an environment with less scrutiny to hopefully grow as a coach and develop as a manager.

He's very young still for coach, so you never know. With his experience at United, he will command instant respect at Ipswich. Something which he struggled to nail down at United (if reports are to be believed).

You never, if gets 2-3 promotions in a row, has them playing good football, he might be able to manage a Premier League club and have a Pochetino/Potter type of trajectory. Who knows, in 5-6 years he could be a candidate to manage us.
Until I read this I thought Ipswich were in the championship

Yagami

Good post resistant
Relieved at this. Was fearing he'd stay, which it looks like he could have done had Ipswich not targeted him.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I love people that are so confident that him moving on is a great thing, like they have any idea about the inner workings of the club and what he brings to the table.
Exactly. None of us have a fecking clue how good he is. Obviously that won't stop a few people from talking like they're somehow privy to what goes on at Carrington.

Winrar

Best thing to happen for both parties involved, best of luck to him and hope he does well.

spiriticon

Don't really care too much, all I know is that under his watch we were really deficient in many technical areas.

Good luck at Ipswich though.