Klitschko

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
That was a great fight against Corrie Sanders this weekend. I was surprised how game sanders turned out to be. The lad took a massive beating but kept punching. That was a brutal last round. :eek:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Missed it. Will have to catch it on tape this week. I should've actually gone to the fight since it was just down the road. :o

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Raoul said:
Missed it. Will have to catch it on tape this week. I should've actually gone to the fight since it was just down the road. :o
How much were the tix going for?

I'd love to see a heavyweight title fight. I've been to some top qulity events, but never one of them. Must put that on my "To Do' list.

kennyj

It was an interesting fight, especually the second (or 3rd?) round. Sanders was game, but didn't look like he was in the best of shape. He's got a good left and tagged Klitschko a few times, but after the second round he kind of ran out of gas and wasn't throwing many punches. I don't think that Klitschko proved a lot by this fight.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
kennyj said:
It was an interesting fight, especually the second (or 3rd?) round. Sanders was game, but didn't look like he was in the best of shape. He's got a good left and tagged Klitschko a few times, but after the second round he kind of ran out of gas and wasn't throwing many punches. I don't think that Klitschko proved a lot by this fight.
Hmmmmm. I disagree.

VK fought well against a southpaw, which is never easy. Sanders was always dangerous with that short hook punch, so VK had to concentrate and not get sucked into trading blows. He picked him off with the jab, and sucked up the occasional tough shot.

I think he did well, and answered a lot of his critics. His bro, though, is not as good IMO.

How rare is a white Heavyweight Champ? Not racist, just commenting on how unusual it is. He is lucky that there are no real qulity fighters like Lewis about at the moment.

kennyj

True, about the leftie. But VK still looks slow and easy to hit. I think that he's better than his brother too. No real good heavyweights out there IMO, so the dision is wide open.

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
Saw it yesterday.

Terrible fight. No class..... infact I'd say the bout was an embarrassment to boxing. Remember it was for the WBC(?) belt.... it might aswell been an amateur contest.

Vitaly fought like a scared fighter.....not very dissimilar Lennox over the past few years....but unlike Lewis, VK doesn't have an excellent jab he can hide behind.

Corrie showed the heart of a champion, shame he didn't have the technique of one........ in the end VK was the much fitter fighter which is why he won.

That said, southpaw's are hard to fight, especially one's with great punches. I think it was the first time the Ruski fought one..... perhaps we shouldn't be too harsh on him. However, he's got a lot to do, to convince me.

Heavyweight boxing has been shite over the last decade... the last decent fights were the Holyfield Vs Bowe contests. Right now, the division is a fecking joke.