Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

RoyH1

How the deck is he costing PSG €200m a year? Someone please explain.
Salary plus loyalty bonuses. And that entourage doesn’t come cheap either.

He’s going to leave so much money on the table wherever he goes from here.

TheReligion

Abusive
Damn. Him and Haaland at City is gonna be brutal
If Man City end up with Robocop and Mbappe we all genuinely might as well pack it in. Collectively agree that the next 4 years of football are just friendlies and nothing officially counts
City will take him and with Haaland they will be the dominant force in Europe for this generation. FM style!
Zero chance he goes to City

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
See an article that his people are asking for as signing fee of €100m. This transfer is not going to be “free”.
And altogether haaland didn't cost the peanuts city bought him for.

Mbappe would be commanding that sign on fee regardless of transfer fee. The point stands.

izec

Feel like this time he will leave. He likes money, but i think he realised money is not all and that winning the UCL will be difficult with PSG. I think he got the maximum out of PSG and gave them enough years and they him money.

Real next obviously

Oranges038

Yes we are flush with money as far as FFP goes. We can definitely afford the £500m package he’d cost over 5 years or so would definitely be worth it as he’s the only player we would need to sign for the next 5 years.
He'd make that back in jersey sales in 5 mins.

Easy money.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Saw an article that his people are asking for as signing fee of €100m. This transfer is not going to be “free”.
Yeah but if he's really discarding PSG he doesn't have the negotiating position to get it. By all accounts he wants Real Madrid and we're telling him he's getting Vini level wages or he's getting nothing at all

And that's still in the 25-30M per year, doubt any PL side would offer much more than that either

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah but if he's really discarding PSG he doesn't have the negotiating position to get it. By all accounts he wants Real Madrid and we're telling him he's getting Vini level wages or he's getting nothing at all

And that's still in the 25-30M per year, doubt any PL side would offer much more than that either
I am sure he hired the best lawyers and agents that are extremely familiar with all the negotiation tactics to represent him.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Finally Perez got his wish. Took about 6 years to convince him.
Actually, nothing is decided yet.

Mbappe has done this stuff before, by summer he might well have a new contract at PSG.

Also, he might go to EPL if he doesn't stay.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Actually, nothing is decided yet.

Mbappe has done this stuff before, by summer he might well have a new contract at PSG.

Also, he might go to EPL if he doesn't stay.
At this point Madrid fans are so scarred that even if Mbappe was playing for them they wouldn't believe it.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Him, Vini, and Rodrygo will be a disgustingly fun front 3.
It sounds nice but 3 + Bellingham seems too much. Valverde and someone else are not enough to control the game and right now moving Bellingham to the middle seems to be wasting his virtues.

The ideal would be to convert Camavinga into a left back, who would be able to act as a midfielder filling that void, and something similar with Tchouameni, as a midfielder almost embedded in the defense, or better said, as a CB helping in the middle.
And that's not counting Endrick, who will need minutes sooner or later.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
It sounds nice but 3 + Bellingham seems too much. Valverde and someone else are not enough to control the game and right now moving Bellingham to the middle seems to be wasting his virtues.

The ideal would be to convert Camavinga into a left back, who would be able to act as a midfielder filling that void, and something similar with Tchouameni, as a midfielder almost embedded in the defense, or better said, as a CB helping in the middle.
You do need CBs too! I imagine what will happen is Rodrygo will be dropped, he's the most droppable of that 4.

antk

Has he not said the same thing at least three times before?
First time he wanted to leave in 2021 he had a year of contract left and PSG didn't let him go despite Madrid's 180M€ or so offer. Next summer he flirted with both clubs until deciding to renew at PSG for a lot of money (after an alleged call from Macron too). It was in 2022 and he signed a 2 + 1 contract, player option for the extra year.

Last summer he said publicly he wouldn't trigger the +1 option and would basically be a free agent summer 2024 (and refused to get sold this time). Which brings us to today.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid

So a 3313?

Vini-Mbappe-Rodrygo
———Jude———
Cama-Tchou-Fede
Militao-Rudiger-Carvajal

I think there also was a report of Davies being signed. I’d prefer we go back to a 433.

Vini-Mbappe-Fede
Jude
Cama-Tchou
Davies-Militao-Rudiger-Carvajal

Though we would be missing Kroos but sooner or later he’ll retire. Interesting puzzle for Carlo.

foolsgold

Seems obvious that he'll go to Madrid. The more interesting question is who do they move on in order to have a hope in hell of complying with FFP numbers?

Vazquez and Kross seem the obvious sacrifices given their age and salary. Hopefully we're no longer the mug buyers for these types of players.

Valencia Shin Crosses

See I think Bellingham is good enough anywhere that even playing as an attacking 8 he’ll still be more than enough impactful and fit seamlessly. Either way I’m sure Ancelotti will play around with different stuff if Mbappe does arrive

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Let's pull out the 2018 WC to claim big games. He hasn't won anything of note. No UCL at all and PSG bottle it every year, they're basically Spurs.
3 goals 1 assist in 7 games against Bayern
3 goals in 5 games against Madrid
3 goals 1 assist in 5 games against City
4 goals in 2 games against Barca
2 goals 1 assist in 4 games against United
4 goals 1 assist in 4 games against Juve
4 goals 1 assist in 6 games against Dortmund
1 goal in 2 games against Liverpool

Bottler.

tomaldinho1

Seems obvious that he'll go to Madrid. The more interesting question is who do they move on in order to have a hope in hell of complying with FFP numbers?

Vazquez and Kross seem the obvious sacrifices given their age and salary. Hopefully we're no longer the mug buyers for these types of players.
Modric and Kroos you'd think will be retiring/off soon? That's surely combined enough to cover whatever ridiculous salary Mbappe needs.

Irwin99

Rashford might be available for any takers- PSG, Real, anyone? It'll be interesting to see the ripples if this Mbappe transfer goes ahead.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Going Madrid. Don’t think he’ll want to go city with Haaland there. He’ll want to be the main man somewhere. Should come to us and compete with Haaland.

antk

Rashford might be available for any takers- PSG, Real, anyone? It'll be interesting to see the ripples if this Mbappe transfer goes ahead.
Barcola's performances this season may mean PSG won't be looking for a Mbappé replacement.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
So a 3313?

Vini-Mbappe-Rodrygo
———Jude———
Cama-Tchou-Fede
Militao-Rudiger-Carvajal

I think there also was a report of Davies being signed. I’d prefer we go back to a 433.

Vini-Mbappe-Fede
Jude
Cama-Tchou
Davies-Militao-Rudiger-Carvajal

Though we would be missing Kroos but sooner or later he’ll retire. Interesting puzzle for Carlo.
I don't see Camavinga and Tchouameni capable of controlling the team.
Tchouameni has physicality but little presence. His attitude is a bit pretentious and overdone when he plays in the middle . When he arrived I thought he was going to take command of the position like a beast, that he was going to be omnipresent.
Camavinga is the other way around. It looks like he is everywhere but he misses silly balls, tries long passes that don't even come close, if he tries to cut a ball out he is rough always on the verge of a yellow.
And for a while I thought he could be a creator/destroyer like Xabi or Redondo, but I see him light years away (yet).
I see Valverde even more prepared to change his role.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft

Bottler.
Wouldn't call him a bottler at all, but wouldn't call him clutch either. He was so bad compared to Neymar in that CL final in 2020 against Bayern. But that WC hat trick will always stand to say otherwise in fairness, but I think there's a bit of a skew in how I assume people will call that a historic performance in years to come, considering how bad he was the first 80 mins of that game, and two were penalties. Still, got to score them, great goal from play, then stood up and scored a pen - he was there when they needed him most. I think people will say in years to come he lit up that WC final and that just absolutely wasn't the case, and it wasn't for Messi either, if anyone did I'd say Di Maria did before he went off.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Bottler.
Oh well.

He and I have the same amount of UCL winners medals.

He chose money.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Wouldn't call him a bottler at all, but wouldn't call him clutch either. He was so bad compared to Neymar in that CL final in 2020 against Bayern. But that WC hat trick will always stand to say otherwise in fairness, but I think there's a bit of a skew in how I assume people will call that a historic performance in years to come, considering how bad he was the first 80 mins of that game, and two were penalties. Still, got to score them, great goal from play, then stood up and scored a pen - he was there when they needed him most. I think people will say in years to come he lit up that WC final and that just absolutely wasn't the case, and it wasn't for Messi either, if anyone did I'd say Di Maria did before he went off.
Hilarious that it's two penalties in a hat trick, bit hollow.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I don't think that he has reached Iniesta-level of big game greatness but he's been consistently productive at the biggest stage possible (both club-wise and internationally). In fact at the moment it's the biggest difference between him and Haaland.

To say that
Vini is doing it in the big games (you don't)
is simply absurd.