La Liga 2023/24: ¡Madrid campeón!

antk

Wonder if those crowds realize Kroos doesn't give a feck.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I’ve just told my son you’re not allowed to pause during the run-up and he has no clue what I’m talking about
You‘re also wrong. You are not allowed to pause during the shooting motion but it is fine in the run-up.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Rodrygo....more
Yeah as I said, it's not a penalty for me. Neither of those. It's the kind of situations were the defender is dumb, and if the ref gives it you can't really complain because VAR can't intervene, but it should not be given

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Red for Araujo now. Twist the fecking knife

antk

Unfortunate foul but it's an obvious yellow. I don't get how it gets so heated there. It's a nothing game in Saudi Arabia which has been over since HT.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Okay, no point keeping key players on now.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Gonna miss Kroos so much when he retires.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Gonna miss Kroos so much when he retires.
So fecking much.

Btw can we officially call that play the "Joao Felix"?? It is the perfect encapsulation of him as a player. Mouth-watering technical gifts, flair, creativity and the effectiveness of a napkin under water

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Worthless cup but nice to win against Atleti and Barca. Not worth the extra effort and games but soit.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Have to say, I'm not sure how Xavi survives this now

This was a clasico with a trophy on the line and Barcelona were a catastrophe. We didn't even play particularly well or anything, they were just so fecking bad we humiliated them without ever needing to get out of third gear

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

This was a clasico with a trophy on the line and Barcelona were a catastrophe. We didn't even play particularly well or anything, they were just so fecking bad we humiliated them without ever needing to get out of third gear
Tbf, it is the super cup, does anybody really remembers these games?
We lost last time, and yet i was only slightly annoyed.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Out of the cl and he'd be gone otherwise he might stretch it out further.

RoyH1

I really need to stop trusting posters here and do my own research. The tweet tried to insinuate that it was the same match.
There's so much of that around unfortunately. It's only going to get worse with generative AI.

You need to let the man work and complete his vision. Rome wasn't built in a day

colombianmancunian

It’s just so good and satisfying to see UEFA’s team lose, specially a cup (although a minor one). They are worthless without Negreira and uefa’s favours.

I also enjoy Madrid winning, because thanks to Becks and CR7 they are my second team after United.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Again: it is a nice to have but meaningless cup. Both teams and fans care more about beating each other than the tournament.

Now comes a packed schedule and Jude and Fede need rest more than anyone else. They’ve been playing everything and run around like maniacs. Ancelotti teams have a tendency to burn out in the second half of the season. Hopefully we can manage. Vini should be well rested at least.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Beyond the question of whether it is right or wrong to go and play in Arabia, what is certain is that it has revitalized the competition a lot.
It is a small title but a title at the end of the day, it boosts morale and those who have just arrived get the joy of a trophy, such as Joselu, Arda or Brahim. We also leave Xavi in a difficult position. Moments of wine and roses in short.
As for the team, it seems that the match against Atlético has ended with Kepa. Actually sitting Lunin when he arrived was a bit unfair. To me at least it didn't look like he had played bad games.
Carvajal has been playing at an outstanding level for some time, like Rudiger (who I wanted to sell this summer) or Tchouameni. The injured players have returned well.
In any case, I think that the talisman and the irreplaceable for Carletto is Valverde who will play everything, he will finish the season without legs.
Soon I guess they will have to offer Kroos a renewal or look for alternatives.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
While it is the smallest of all trophies I have to agree it looks a bit bigger than it was before.

Why?

First, because it involves 4 clubs instead of 2 so it means you have to beat two rivals to get the competition and it kind of guarantees the finalists have a decent combination of form and quality.

Second, and most important, it is not played in pre-season anymore.

So while it's still less than the Copa, I think the margina has been somehow reduced in my eyes.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's the clasicos, mostly. 3rd year in a row we end up with one. It also produced 2 madrid derbies and a bonkers barcelona-atletico madrid as well

Basically the combination of having it in the middle of the seadon, which makes if feel like a real trophy as opposed to a preseason glorified friendly, and the teams involved, and the games produced, has turned it into something meaningful. Liks a spanish version of the league cup

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
This being played in Saudi, on top of the sportswashing of owning clubs in the PL, and the amount of players being bought by Saudi clubs for insane money, is truly the beginning of the end for football. Every tournament and league will start playing games over there if the money is right, which is a big feck you to dedicated fans that have supported their local teams for years.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This being played in Saudi, on top of the sportswashing of owning clubs in the PL, and the amount of players being bought by Saudi clubs for insane money, is truly the beginning of the end for football. Every tournament and league will start playing games over there if the money is right, which is a big feck you to dedicated fans that have supported their local teams for years.
This week is Italy's turn!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why exactly are we even playing in that sewer? For that matter, why is that sewer even still open???? Shut down their stands forever ffs

Fecking animals

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Bellingham glides past players and oozes class even when he walks

I quite like Camavinga's showing so far as well

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Game been mad but the goals have been hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Carlo tells them to give away goals as an extra challenge :lol: Between Alaba, Kepa and Lunin it has to be.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What we need is another CB blowing his ACL :lol: