Le Mans 2023 - Centenary year

Abizzz

Nice! I've never been but that's something I've wanted to do for a long time. Enjoy your time!

You should know by now that it is I who makes the Le Mans threads round here.

Are you going?
:lol:

No, but I am going to the WEC round in Monza next month so most of the same cars.

Planning Le Mans for next year when the Hypercar field is full.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
:lol:

No, but I am going to the WEC round in Monza next month so most of the same cars.

Planning Le Mans for next year when the Hypercar field is full.
Maybe it's just me, but I find LMP2 so boring, lots of very similar cars in different colours.

The era when Porsche were conquering LMP2, and challenging LMP1, with the Spyder, now that was racing.

One make series :yawn:

Maybe it's just me, but I find LMP2 so boring, lots of very similar cars in different colours.

The era when Porsche were conquering LMP2, and challenging LMP1, with the Spyder, now that was racing.

One make series :yawn:
Never really followed LMP2 either. I don't get the appeal of spec series.

It's like they are watching this thread, the FIA just confirmed they're dropping LMP2 from next year's WEC. It will just be Hypercars and GT3.

sepulturite

Wow the racing is fantastic so far. Can't wait for when there's an even bigger field in the hypercar next year.

Really disappointed the gte pro category is gone though, that was brilliant to watch. I know there is still gte cars but it's just not the same with them being AM and not pro.

On another note Eurosports coverage is shockingly bad.

Saw a post elsewhere that Ferrari would shoot off out in front at the start only to break down during the night. Could be the correct call. I think Cadillac could be an outside shout for the win.

Corvette looks in trouble...

Zlaatan

Parody Account
If your IP address happens to be in France L'Equipe are showing it free.
I've looked into some VPN's but I don't want to pay and haven't found a free one that's not some one month trial or some other bs so I can't be bothered, but thanks anyway.

It sort of works on youtube again though so I'll stick with that.

Ferrari are showing it from the drivers cam on youtube
Yea there are a few of those available but that's only fun for a couple of minutes.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Aha! Discovery+ are broadcasting it. Sweet.

I never use it so I didn't even check before the race.

Has to be said so far this new Hypercar format shits all over the contrived borefest that is modern day F1.

RoyH1

Ferrari returns after 50 years and win on the first try with a beautiful (and reliable) car. You cannot make this up. Yeah, I know they probably spend double of what anyone else does but it's still a sight to see.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Ferrari returns after 50 years and win on the first try with a beautiful (and reliable) car. You cannot make this up. Yeah, I know they probably spend double of what anyone else does but it's still a sight to see.
I doubt they spend as much as Toyota. Plus they haven’t had the skin in the game Toyota have had for so long. I’m genuinely surprised Porsche and therefore Audi aren’t busting to get back into this.

I doubt they spend as much as Toyota. Plus they haven’t had the skin in the game Toyota have had for so long. I’m genuinely surprised Porsche and therefore Audi aren’t busting to get back into this.
Porsche are back in it with the 963, they just didn't do very well.

Just got back from the Monza 6 hours. Feck that Cadillac sounds good.

With Aston Martin confirming we are surely entering a golden era, potentially the best ever. Confirmed in the Hypercar category:

Alpine
Aston Martin
BMW
Cadillac
Ferrari
Honda
Isotta Fraschini
Lamborghini
Peugeot
Porsche
Toyota

Plus Vanwall and Glickenhaus if they can keep up.

Then in GT3 we will most likely have:

Aston Martin
BMW
Corvette
Ferrari
Ford
Lamborghini
Lexus
Porsche

No championship I can think of has ever had such an array of major manufacturers involved.