• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Might not even be a case of another couple of weeks.

Could just be briefing that his position hasn't changed tonight. Doesn't mean he'll still be in a job come Saturday.

Clearly it all depends on whether we're going for Conte or whether we're sounding out a raft of other managers. If its the latter then the board will shamefully keep Ole in the job despite the tsunami of negative briefings and with him in the knowledge that the board are sounding out his replacement.
That's exactly it. The club hasn't denied the reports of Ole being sacked. I still think there's a good chance he goes tomorrow.

lilcurt

All this means is he’s not being sacked this week. He’s a dead man walking, there’s zero chance he turns this around. City will do it, if he lasts til then.
That's not good enough. We have 6 points to play for and who knows how important they could become the end of the season!

Change is needed now!

Sviken

If the players have lost faith then he has to go. No point keeping him around until we are relegated.

We are still in a good position in the CL so a new manager is needed ASAP.
We're really not in a very good position, which is why Ole has to go immediately. The CL group is very tight and if we lose against Atalanta, we're going to be in big trouble there. And if that goes, this season would officially be over.

::sonny::

It’s not easy to change him with another manager

They have to spend other money, fire a lot of the staff

Bring in someone who will change tactics, dynamics, who’s gonna ask pretend things, money

A really nightmare for them, for the glazer if the club is not relegated it’s all fine, they live in florida, the club is only an investment used like an atm cash machine

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Seems maybe we’re just trying to say we haven’t spoken to conte before we sacked Ole. Shame they leaked everything to everyone in typical Ed fashion before doing the decent thing.
A lot of the Conte stuff came from Italy so it looks very much like it's been leaked by his people, hence Di Marzio, Pedulla and Romano reporting the Conte stuff.

julianfr

There is absolutely no way this happens. Pep has lost to him to many times to let this one go, I will be surprised if they score less than 3 and most likely will end up 7-0/8-0 to them (I’m not even joking, before the weekend I was also saying Liverpool would do a similar scoreline on us).

I don’t see us finishing higher than 8th with him in charge this season either. We’ve been found out and every manager with a clue knows exactly how to beat us. We will still pick enough points against bottom teams due to difference in players quality but that’s about it. Realistically we shouldn’t even be on 14 points now but closer to 9-10.
Watch the Liverpool game again (if you can stomach it). We tried to press them and play on the front foot and failed miserably.

Against City Ole will set us up more conservatively and revert to trying to catch them on the break. Rashford and Greenwood to score.

Dembeza

This can't be serious ? All reports today said Conte is open to the job. Are they briefing Ducker something to shut up the media circus ?
Seriously, what is wrong with this board?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Hire Conte, and watch coaches who suit us better go elsewhere once again. Textbook stuff.
Yeah, let's hope that's not how it pans out. Custis casting a wide net for eyeballs mentioning Zidane, Conte, Brendan and ten Hag. Long shot, but hope there's some truth there.

hungrywing

Just delaying the inevitable, going through the motions because as per usual we have to draw out the obvious.

This club is handled by morons.
Took around seven years for the majority to understand Woody wasn't a "financial-genius-so-he-can-stay-in-the-club-in-that-capacity". Still a ways to go for the majority to understand just how...unintelligent...the Glazers are.

“We aren’t sacking him yet because we can’t find anyone else at the moment” - Why didn’t they back him 10 hours ago if he was staying? They’re a fecking shambles.
Well let's see *you* try to find a top-level football manager in seven hours! - J. Glazer (what do you mean I've had eight years...)

crossy1686

career ending
So we’ve got former or current managers from Leeds, City and Chelsea. Might as well throw Rodgers in there too. I’ve got no issue with a caretaker to see what’s available in the summer. The thought of standing in OT and cheering Mancini is disgusting.
Well let's not, we're trying to pick good managers, not managers that have once managed our rivals, that's not the criteria we're going for here.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
hurry up and announce the sacking and let the rebuild begin
I don't think a rebuild is necessary. In my opinion, we need an experienced coach, which is what I've advocated since last season, and the introduction of some of our academy players into the first team playing squad, not just the training squad. Players like Hannibal, Elanga and Shoretire would benefit greatly from getting some minutes in matches, this should have been happening last season, not just at the end, when we were assured of a top four finish.
We have very little coaching experience within the club, and even Alex Ferguson brought in some excellent coaches when he was manager, and developed some exciting talent, which he brought into the squad at the right time, moving on some established players like Hughes, Ince and Kanchelskis. Ole needed to move on several more players, although he has done well to get rid of certain players, I feel he has become muddled by how many he now has in his squad, but a rebuild is not how I would describe it, more like a reshuffle.

James35

Nah, this news if true makes me feel sick. If I see training pics tomorrow with Ole smiling we know he's going nowhere and we're still fecked.

HailtotheKing

Ole the player. Awesome. United great. Classy, professional , talented.

Ole the manager. Uninspiring. Lackluster. Boring. Predictable. Not talented.

Anyways with all these leaks, there is no way he doesn't get sacked now. Just get the next appointment right. Conte, Zidane or Ten hag.
There is absolutely no way this happens. Pep has lost to him to many times to let this one go, I will be surprised if they score less than 3 and most likely will end up 7-0/8-0 to them (I’m not even joking, before the weekend I was also saying Liverpool would do a similar scoreline on us).

I don’t see us finishing higher than 8th with him in charge this season either. We’ve been found out and every manager with a clue knows exactly how to beat us. We will still pick enough points against bottom teams due to difference in players quality but that’s about it. Realistically we shouldn’t even be on 14 points now but closer to 9-10.
I feel the same. There is no way we beat City. We are just not functioning as a team. We were bad before Ronaldo but now without the forward pressing, we're being decimated. Added to that, McTominay is probably still injured and is playing absolute gash. Greenwood doesn't track back, so we are basically leaving a huge gap down the middle to exploit. Then we have Maguire who's also not fit, trying to patrol that, with Shaw constantly coming in, leaving the sides vacant. Finally, we have the players that have completely lost faith in him. No rescue job coming this time. The only thing in our favor is De Gea is playing well. But even then we're still conceding 4 and 5. Shoulda conceded 4 to VR in the first half alone. Our shape has gone and the dressing room has gone. Only way I see it changing is if he's forced to play a different team. But then that team won't have jelled so we'd probably still be decimated.

eire-red

From giving him the job permanently, Ole has done a decent job of steadying the ship. However, once a squad senses that they're going nowhere under the manager, it's over.

To me, it's clear as day that the players believe Ole has run his course. The contract extension was worrying, and if the board don't see the light now then I don't know what's in store for us come the end of the season.

Fooza

Italian media vs British media, Conte side clearly leaking it out to the italians. I would know who to believe here.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ole is gone it seems, from what's being leaked to the likes of Ducker and Stone.

Loon

:lol:
A lot of the Conte stuff came from Italy so it looks very much like it's been leaked by his people, hence Di Marzio, Pedulla and Romano reporting the Conte stuff.
Which would indicate Conte wants it if that's the case.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Italian media vs British media, Conte side clearly leaking it out to the italians. I would know who to believe here.
Di Marzio is saying it’s just about timing - they may wait until the internationals. So everyone knows he’s going. Everyone knows he’s being replaced by conte. They’ve made a bad situation even fecking worse.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
It’s not easy to change him with another manager

They have to spend other money, fire a lot of the staff

Bring in someone who will change tactics, dynamics, who’s gonna ask pretend things, money

A really nightmare for them, for the glazer if the club is not relegated it’s all fine, they live in florida, the club is only an investment used like an atm cash machine
The love money therefore to be in the CL in February is important and to play in the CL next is important.....both are unlikely right now.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Which would indicate Conte wants it if that's the case.
Of course he wants it, it’s a huge job and the squad is good enough for him to do well with it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Ole is gone it seems, from what's being leaked to the likes of Ducker and Stone.
There was a Ducker thing about 20 mins ago where it said his position was unchanged, not sure what to think at the moment.

Levi1

All this means is he’s not being sacked this week. He’s a dead man walking, there’s zero chance he turns this around. City will do it, if he lasts til then.
100%. Its just a leak, not a formal show of support. It just means they aren't ready yet. I'd far rather they keep him for extra games, than get the wrong person in.

Devil may care

Delaying because there’s nobody to get bar Conte seems fair enough as he's far from the ideal fit.

ole@thewheel

I was officially converted to "Ole Out camp" over the past few weeks.

It took me quite some time and resistance, I mean, look at my username.

Status
Not open for further replies.