Luka Modric

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Extending for a final season, Kroos as well. So they’ll most likely retire together next year.

Full year to mentally prepare myself. Feck…still won’t be enough :( :( :( :(

thisisnottaken1

Extending for a final season, Kroos as well. So they’ll most likely retire together next year.

You’ll probably be still able to sign a great pair of kids to replace them though. I mean, you lost BBC but didn’t suffer too much.

Marvin look out

That's more like it. I expected no less from Madrid. Modric playing at the highest level until the age of 40 will be the icing on the cake of a legendary career.

And this is not a gift, he's earned it; he's still good enough to play for Madrid.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Calling Ramon a youtuber is not only an understatement but may be insulting. Apart from being a good journalist he is literally a "socio compromisario" of the club.
"Good" journalist is a bit of an exageration...and being a socio doesn't actually give him access to that level of information - he spent months letting the world know Mbappé had already signed with Madrid in 2022 :rolleyes:

Also should be more careful of showing off his search history
Mbappe in 2022 and potentially Modric in 2024. Maybe we should start taking his predictions/exclusives with a pinch of salt from now on :rolleyes:

chamartin

Mbappe in 2022 and potentially Modric in 2024. Maybe we should start taking his predictions/exclusives with a pinch of salt from now on :rolleyes:
Have you listened to Cortegana, Relevo and others? They say that something have changed. The club didn't plan to renew Modric's contract. Everybody is surprised even some higher-ups inside the club.

I don't like petty people and it looks like there are plenty of them among Madrid fans. There aren't journalists that are always correct. Maybe try to make a list of every true information that Ramon has shared over the years. You will never do it because it's a lot of work. If you did you would notice that his record is better than Kroos' passing accuracy.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
It's fine to miss stories here and there but Ramón was absolutely full of shit about Mbappe. He claimed Mbappe had already signed a contract with Real Madrid in early 2022. You can't miss on something like that and expect to maintain your credibility.

He then spent all of last summer milking the Mbappe 2023 story even though it never made sense and the move never happened! He was clearly milking the non-story for views.

Last edited:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Have you listened to Cortegana, Relevo and others? They say that something have changed. The club didn't plan to renew Modric's contract. Everybody is surprised even some higher-ups inside the club.

I don't like petty people and it looks like there are plenty of them among Madrid fans. There aren't journalists that are always correct. Maybe try to make a list of every true information that Ramon has shared over the years. You will never do it because it's a lot of work. If you did you would notice that his record is better than Kroos' passing accuracy.
It is very convenient that you bring Cortegana into the conversation because a few days ago he said that that most normal thing would be that Modric would be leaving but that there was a talk pending between Modric and Florentino so it was not 100% decided. And just before that it was one of Modric's agents who said the same about this conversation about his future that had to take place.

So yes, something may have changed but Cortegana was way more cautious than Alvarez de Mon who said "Modric's end at Real Madrid. He will give the number 10 to Mbappe" straight away.

I don't have anything against Alvarez de Mon, who actually seems a nice guy, but the impact of news such as Mbappe signing for Real Madrid in 2022 and Modric leaving in 2024 is quite big. However, if you tell me those two are just minor errors compared to the number of successes in his career as a journalist, I will be happy to acknowledge it.

chamartin

It's fine to miss stories here and there but Ramón was absolutely full of shit about Mbappe. He claimed Mbappe had already signed a contract with Real Madrid in early 2022. You can't miss on something like that and expect to maintain your credibility.

He then spent all of last summer milking the Mbappe 2023 story even though it never made sense and the move never happened! He was clearly milking the non-story for views.
Not true. Ricardo Ramos Neira, Rodrigo Faez and Antonio Guijarro still insist that there was a chance to sign Mbappe last summer. That's why PSG didn't let him go to the preseason and some Madrid players were hinting on Instagram that he was coming.

In January 2023 Guijarro posted a video on his youtube channel informing that Bellingham, Davies, and Mbappe wanted to play for Madrid. He said that the plan was to sign Mbappe in 2024 but there was a possibility to do it in 2023.

Faez gave all the money that he made on Mbappe's case to a mental health organization. He still says that the transfer was possible last summer, he even saw the video prepared by the club. The same sources informed him about the signings of Tchouameni and Kepa, Benzema going to Saudi etc.