Man Utd Moments XI

Oranges038

International week is hitting hard.

Utd have become known as Moments FC in the last few years.

Pick your Utd XI based on just a few big or iconic moments from Utd players. Can be moments from legends or just players who did 1 good thing in their entire time at the club.

Gk: Schmeichel, Save vs Rapid Vienna, Starfish save vs Inter. Goal vs Rotor Volgrograd

RB: Brown, Goal vs Liverpool 07/08 to set up a 3:0 win.

CB: Bruce, Goals vs Sheffield Wednesday,

CB: Ferdinand, winning goal vs Liverpool 2006 ended their12 match unbearen run, Leo Sayer haircut.

LB: John O'Shea, Figo Nutmeg, Chipped goal vs Arsenal, Goal vs Liverpool.

MF: Beckham, Halfway line goal, freekick vs Everton (last goal for Utd).

MF: Scholes, goal vs Barca, goal vs Villa, goal vs Bradford

MF: Keane, goal vs Juve 1999, goals vs Arsenal 2-1 win 1999.

LW: Rooney, Newcastle Volley, Overhead vs City,

RW: Ole, CL final winner, 4 goals vs Forrest.

CF: Macheda, Villa goal, goal vs Sunderland.

I still love the fact that John O Shea is remembered for 3 big moments in his United career and a winning goal in a Champions League semi-final against Arsenal (albeit 1st leg) is not one of them.

Ronaldo's thundertwat against Porto, a game in which we were very lackluster and never looked like scoring. Best long range strike ever.

Taking time to post in threads to moan about the thread is cringe beyond belief. It's an embarrassing and childish Caf phenomenon.

I wasn’t moaning about the thread. I was complaining about the constant use of (insert silly phrase) FC on the Caf.

I assume those that do this think they are being amusing when in fact the room sees it as idiocy.

I wasn’t moaning about the thread. I was complaining about the constant use of (insert silly phrase) FC on the Caf.

I assume those that do this think they are being amusing when in fact the room sees it as idiocy.

Another caf phenomenon, don't bother to read or address the thread title. Just have a moan

Nick Henry’s goal at villa park for Oldham put them 1 0 up try has they might Villa couldn’t score. After 26 years of frustration United were finally champions that was one beautiful moment

Another caf phenomenon, don't bother to read or address the thread title. Just have a moan

Not a bad thread even if you said it’s a ‘joke’ one.

Anyway in answer to your question, and the options you left, I’d go with a top three moments of;

1) Bruce v Sheff Wednesday - the circumstances and iconic moment of SAF and Kidd

2) Ole in the CL - again circumstances and gravity of situation. Matt Busby link and added time.

3) Macheda v Villa

I can’t be bothered picking a full team but Giggs should be in it and Ronaldo.

Goals v Arsenal in the cup and Fulham away/free kick v Portsmouth/rocket v Porto in CL..

Owen v City actually too

Both players have plenty actually.

Nick Henry’s goal at villa park for Oldham put them 1 0 up try has they might Villa couldn’t score. After 26 years of frustration United were finally champions that was one beautiful moment
Utd would have won the title even if Villa had won. We only needed one win from our two remaining fixtures. Blackburn and Palace.

Having said that, I agree, it was an amazing feeling that day.

Some not yet mentioned:

Cantona's contortionist volley v Liverpool and THE celebration at Sunderland.

Berbatov plucking the ball out of the stratosphere and stopping it dead on his foot.

RvN chest and goal against ???

RvP Villa hatrick volley

Scholes volley pass against Arsenal. Alongside Kaka as the best pass I've ever seen.

Can’t leave out Lee Sharpe and King Eric
Eric's winner in the 96 cup final against them cements his place in this team.

As for Lee Sharpe, probably has hatrick at Highbury in the crazy 6-2 win against George Graham's Champions.

Macheda? Seriously?!

Mata at Juanfield. Owen vs City. McT vs City. Martial vs Liverpool. Giggs vs Arsenal is iconic - great shout. I’m sure MG and Zlatan both had ‘moments’. Oh and Ashley Young for punting Ratface into the crowd. :drool:

We’ll struggle to keep it down to XI.

Not a bad thread even if you said it’s a ‘joke’ one.

Anyway in answer to your question, and the options you left, I’d go with a top three moments of;

1) Bruce v Sheff Wednesday - the circumstances and iconic moment of SAF and Kidd

2) Ole in the CL - again circumstances and gravity of situation. Matt Busby link and added time.

3) Macheda v Villa

I can’t be bothered picking a full team but Giggs should be in it and Ronaldo.

Goals v Arsenal in the cup and Fulham away/free kick v Portsmouth/rocket v Porto in CL..

Owen v City actually too

Both players have plenty actually.

Aye, so it's just the title that annoys you. Fair enough.

International week is hitting hard.

Utd have become known as Moments FC in the last few years.

Pick your Utd XI based on just a few big or iconic moments from Utd players. Can be moments from legends or just players who did 1 good thing in their entire time at the club.

Gk: Schmeichel, Save vs Rapid Vienna, Starfish save vs Inter. Goal vs Rotor Volgrograd

RB: Brown, Goal vs Liverpool 07/08 to set up a 3:0 win.

CB: Bruce, Goals vs Sheffield Wednesday,

CB: Ferdinand, winning goal vs Liverpool 2006 ended their12 match unbearen run, Leo Sayer haircut.

LB: John O'Shea, Figo Nutmeg, Chipped goal vs Arsenal, Goal vs Liverpool.

MF: Beckham, Halfway line goal, freekick vs Everton (last goal for Utd).

MF: Scholes, goal vs Barca, goal vs Villa, goal vs Bradford

MF: Keane, goal vs Juve 1999, goals vs Arsenal 2-1 win 1999.

LW: Rooney, Newcastle Volley, Overhead vs City,

RW: Ole, CL final winner, 4 goals vs Forrest.

CF: Macheda, Villa goal, goal vs Sunderland.

Alan Smith in midfield or centre forward for that goal v Roma. Magic.

GK - De Gea vs Arsenal's XG
RB - Gary Neville needlessly shithousing The Scousers
CB - That time Vidic had his own tooth come through his face
CB - Ferdinand allowing City to make it 3-3
LB - Denis Irwin goal at Wimbledon
CM - Keane against Juventus
CM - Charlton carrying the European Cup
RW - Ronaldo free kick against Portsmouth
LW - That Ryan Giggs Reebok advert
CF - Hughes vs Oldham
CF - Cantona vs Sunderland

Forlan vs Liverpool
RVN scoring that revenge penalty against Arsenal
Park, Rooney and Ronaldo counterattack against Arsenal in the CL
Carrick goal vs Roma
Beckham vs Greece

While there is no specific moment I can point out (Fulham winner seems a bit too small), Bruno is the perfect captain for Moments FC. Can play the entire game poorly but still come up with decent stats out if it.

Noughties Giggsy would be a perfect fit for the team in a derogatory sense. Very often he'd frustrate fans with unnecessary flicks and wayward passing, especially during those Giggs +1 midfield years.

Imagine a midfield duo of Giggs + O'Shea in today's PL.

Onana - Penalty save vs. FC Copenhagen

Dalot - Screamer vs. Sheffield United
Eric Bailly - Performing skill moves in own box
Evans - Karate kicking Drogba
Büttner - Solo debut goal vs. Wigan

Januzaj - Double vs. Sunderland
Casemiro - Cup final goal vs. Newcastle
Pogba - Double vs. City
Di Maria - Lobbed goal vs. Leicester

Hernandez - Kicking the ball onto his own face to score
Owen - Winner vs. City

The 5 moments we scored after being 3 0 down at half time against Spurs :D

Not a popular name to throw in nowadays but Rashford makes my Moments XI for that last minute penalty vs PSG. My favourite post-Fergie memory by some distance. I was convinced he was going to miss it.

The Giggs goal against Arsenal
Cantona against Wimbledon the control technique and volley across the goal
Cantona against Liverpool 1986 cup final,
Ole vs Bayern Munich European Champions League Final
Norman Whiteside FA Cup final vs Everton, 10 man United looked to be holding on against Howard Kendals Everton side you knew it was in as soon as it left his boot.

The only Utd 11 he gets into, is the most hated United teams.
I wouldn't say I hate him. Certainly not in the same way Liverpool and Newcastle fans seem to. He's a bit of a wally and wasn't the signing we needed in 09 but that goal vs City was one of my favourite last minute winners. Also, the fact that he tainted his legacy with Liverpool fans and has spent his retirement grovelling to them whenever he's doing punditry on their games makes the signing all the more amusing.

Owen 1-0 Gerrard

Onana - Penalty save vs. FC Copenhagen

Dalot - Screamer vs. Sheffield United
Eric Bailly - Performing skill moves in own box
Evans - Karate kicking Drogba
Büttner - Solo debut goal vs. Wigan

Januzaj - Double vs. Sunderland
Casemiro - Cup final goal vs. Newcastle
Pogba - Double vs. City
Di Maria - Lobbed goal vs. Leicester

Hernandez - Kicking the ball onto his own face to score
Owen - Winner vs. City

This is closer to what I was expecting from this thread, a bit more like "moments only."

I'd swap out Onana for Ricardo vs Blackburn where he gave away a penalty as his first act and saved it with his second.

Gibson's opener vs Bayern and Macheda's Villa show keep Casemiro and Pogba out of the team, and I might consider the Rojo rabona clearance vs Astana instead of Evans, because what the feck was that. Oh and Dalot's "moment" for me would be blasting it into Kimpembe's back in Paris to win that penalty.