Man Utd with bid on a norwegian 16 year old.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
andersj said:
Håvard Nortveits the name, football is his game. Born in 1990 (june). Defender. Played one game for his team in the first division in norway, did well. The offer was declined, but I guess it might be raised.

Got to go, will be back with more.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=178688
Anders....any help with a translation?

What is his team in Norway?

oskarutd

TonyPark said:
Anders....any help with a translation?

What is his team in Norway?
Haugesund.
They say that the offer is so bad it shows he is not important to United. A player in Norway was this season bought for 100.000 pounds and if this youngster plays for United his first game, they still wouldn´t be close to that amount. They say he is a talent and he will be on level ground with the other defenders next season.

M160RA

oskarutd said:
Haugesund.
They say that the offer is so bad it shows he is not important to United. A player in Norway was this sseason bought for 100.000 pounds and if this youngster plays for United his first game, they still wouldn´t be close to that amount. They say he is a talent and he will be on level ground with the other deafenders next season.
So they're essentially saying that they believe he is good enough to be in the first team reckoning by next year? :annoyed:

M160RA

If that's true then he must be a sensational talent :eek:

Has anyone watched him play for the Norwegian U-16s? Is he really that good, or are his club just hyping him up to significantly raise the compensation.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Oscar sums it up pretty well.

That fact that he has played in the 1. division in Norway means that he has played at a lot higher level than what Eikrem had when we signed him. He have played one match for Haugesund, this match Haugesund won 2-0 and he got good reviews. I have not actually seen him play, but what I've heard is positive. I will try to find out more about him.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
andersj said:
Oscar sums it up pretty well.

That fact that he has played in the 1. division in Norway means that he has played at a lot higher level than what Eikrem had when we signed him. He have played one match for Haugesund, this match Haugesund won 2-0 and he got good reviews. I have not actually seen him play, but what I've heard is positive. I will try to find out more about him.
From the Norway FA website...

Havard Nordtveit was born on 21.6.90 and has played ten times for the Norwegian U/16-side......

Any other info will be appreciated....

LouisRocca

Here are some facts I have found on Håvard Nordtveit:

He's a UNITED fan, and he has been on a weeks trail at UNITED.
He went to Manchester on November 6th. He is a Central Defender, and has played 1 match for his team Haugesund FK, they play in the second level in Norway. He was also invited by Spurs and Bordeaux, but chose trail at UNITED because he is a UNITED fan, and that Magnus Wolff Eikrem plays there.

Haugesund was disapoited with the offer from UNITED, because it was to low in their opinion. It's supposed to be less than £100K after he's played more than 20 minutes for the first team in a competativ match. His agent, Jim Solbakken(the same agent as 20LEGEND) is not agreeing with the club that the low offer from UNITED indicated that UNITED is not too interested, but he means that the fact that UNITED have made an offer indicates that they have serious interest in the player.
He also says that he hopes that if Håvard want to move to UNITED, that the two clubs can act profesional and sits down an negotiates.

this link shows a pic of Håvard.
http://www.h-avis.no/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061018/SPORT/110180002/1062/SPORT
Tony, can this be one of the trailist you saw some matches ago?

I'll be back with more if I find anything.

Edit:
His father said that he played in an internal match, and was supposed to play for U-18 November 11th, if he got permition from Haugesund.

I think he's captain for Norway U-16.

Edit2:
He didn't play any games when he was in Manchester.
He trained with the U-18, and one day with the reserves, the intern match was with the reserves. He stayed with his friend Wolff Eikrem.