Managers Draft - R1: Cutch vs DanNistelrooy

With players at 'peaks under the said manager', who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
vs

................. Team @Cutch (Alex Ferguson) ............................................................. Team @DanNistelrooy (Carlo Ancelotti) ..........................................

Sub: Bryan Robson

Player stats
PETER SCHMEICHEL
Under Sir Alex Ferguson – 393 games.
5 x Premier League
3 x FA Cup
1 x League Cup
1 x Champions League

GARY NEVILLE
Under Sir Alex Ferguson – 602 games, 7 goals.
8 x Premier League
3 x FA Cup
2 x League Cup
2 x Champions League

DENIS IRWIN
Under Sir Alex Ferguson – 529 games, 33 goals.
7 x Premier League
3 x FA Cup
1 x League Cup
1 x Champions League
1 x Cup Winners Cup

JAAP STAM
Under Sir Alex Ferguson – 127 games, 1 goal.
3 x Premier League
1 x FA Cup
1 x Champions League

RIO FERDINAND
Under Sir Alex Ferguson – 455 games, 8 goals.
6 x Premier League
1 x FA Cup
2 x League Cup
1 x Champions League

DAVID BECKHAM
Under Sir Alex Ferguson – 394 games, 85 goals.
6 x Premier League
2 x FA Cup
1 x Champions League

ROY KEANE
Under Sir Alex Ferguson – 480 games, 33 goals.
7 x Premier League
4 x FA Cup
1 x Champions League

PAUL SCHOLES
Under Sir Alex Ferguson – 718 games, 155 goals.
11 x Premier League
3 x FA Cup
2 x League Cup
2 x Champions League

RYAN GIGGS
Under Sir Alex Ferguson – 963 games, 168 goals.
13 x Premier League
4 x FA Cup
3 x League Cup
2 x Champions League

ERIC CANTONA
Under Sir Alex Ferguson – 205 games, 93 goals.
4 x Premier League
2 x FA Cup

RUUD VAN NISTELROOY
Under Sir Alex Ferguson – 219 games, 150 goals.
1 x Premier League
1 x FA Cup
1 x League Cup

Sub
BRYAN ROBSON
Under Sir Alex Ferguson – 259 games, 40 goals.
2 x Premier League
1 x FA Cup
1 x League Cup
1 x Cup Winners Cup

Player profiles/Tactics
A dream team of those to have played under arguably the greatest manager of all time, in his incredible 26.5 years managing Manchester United.

A team littered with honours from the most successful era in the clubs history. Individual brilliance, togetherness, never say die attitude and incredible longevity at the highest level.

In goals is the Great Dane, the best goalkeeper in my lifetime. A keeper with an enormous presence and influence that was hugely instrumental to Uniteds success. His time at United had the perfect ending with the treble win in 99.

At rightback is Gary Neville, a fullback that wore his heart on his sleeve. A player who knew all the dark arts of defending. Outstanding professionalism throughout his career meant he stayed at the top while other perhaps more naturally talented players fell by the wayside.

At leftback is another ultimate professional, Denis Irwin. Incredibly consistent player and one of Sir Alex's greatest ever signings. Equally at home at left back or right back, you could count the number of bad games he had in his career on one hand. Also brilliant at set pieces.

The centrehalf pairing of Stam and Rio has a bit of everything. Rio with wonderful reading of the game, natural athleticism and class on the ball, while Stam was like a brick wall with nothing getting past him. Sir Alex's biggest mistake was letting him go when the best defender in the world at this time.

In midfield is the treble winners with Captain Marvel on the bench. David Beckham on the right with his wand of a right foot, amazing stamina and crossing ability, linking up with Neville who he had a fantastic relationship with. In the centre Scholes and Keane complemented eachother superbly well during Uniteds dominance. The pinpoint passing of Scholes and his ability to arrive late into the box. Keane an all round powerhouse of a midfielder, with huge leadership qualities and will to win, and also an extremely underrated passer. On the left one of the most decorated players in the history of the game. As the song goes; Giggs, giggs will tear you apart again.

At number 10 is the catalyst that sparked Uniteds era of dominance. Charismatic and flamboyant frenchman that oozed class. Brought the best out of all the players around him. A genius.

Upfront is the master predator Ruud Van Nistelrooy. A stunning goals per game ratio. One of the most natural finishers of the last 20 years. Give Ruud service and he would score, its as simple as that.

Nothing complicated about the way this team would be setup. A 4-4-2 with every player in the position that they were comfortable in for many years, with the players around them that they were so successful with.

My opponents team will no doubt catch the eye with many players a lot more current than those which make up my side. However looking back on both sets of players by the end of their careers and i feel that mine will be much more remembered for the success under their respective manager.

Its a game that could no doubt go either way, and i wouldn't try and kid you otherwise. The hope would be that i would have a slight advantage in the following areas:

My right hand side:
Might be strange to say with Ronaldo likely deployed on this side, but Neville and Beckham were a fantastic partnership, with Beckham a tireless worker up and down. The 2 in tandem going forward would look to try and expose Dan's fullback Marcello/Pessotto, and the covering John Terry.

Giggs v Ivanovic:
Ivanovic is no doubt one of the more competent fullbacks around nowadays, but Giggs in those Champions League nights around the late 90s would tear all the great defenders of that time a new one.

Eric:
Not sure how Dan will set out to deal with this threat but Eric should be able to find space when he drops deep, or at least be able to pull players out of position. If we can get him on the ball, with the off the ball running of Giggs, the predatory instincts of Ruud and the runs from deep of Scholes/Keane he should be able to do damage.

Dans main threat is obviously the counter threat of Ronaldo and Bale. To counter this the aim would obviously be not to leave ourselves too open. In our favour, we have 2 banks of 4 which contains 2 wingers with tireless energy, 2 fullbacks that know all about being disciplined and being able to tuck in where necessary, 2 centrehalfs with pace, and a keeper brilliant at coming off his line and saving 1v1.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Team DanNistelrooy

TACTICS
I have set my team up to play fast, counter attacking football whilst also having the ability to control the game and possession in a similar style to Ancelotti's current Real Madrid side. Bale, Di Maria and Ronaldo in particular thrived in this system last season and produced many world class displays.

When attacking Di Maria will take up his usual positions on the left hand side allowing Ronaldo to attack the penalty area and get on the end of the chances that Di Maria, Bale, Pirlo and Ibrahimovic will undoubtedly supply. Providing balance in midfield is Gattuso's who has the energy and physicality to boss most midfields and provide Pirlo/Di Maria to link midfield to attack. ** See formation whilst attacking/in possession here** http://this11.com/play/abHS0QOal4.png

I believe that a midfield trio of Pirlo, Gattuso and Di Maria has enough energy, talent in possession and bite to match any midfield - I'm not going to try and pick holes in Cutch's midfield because there are some of my favourite players of all time in there, however my midfield has 2 players who were integral to Italy winning the World Cup whilst all 3 of have been key players winning the 5 Champions League, with 5 European titles between them.

Whilst being lethal on the counter attack, my defence, protected by Pirlo and Gattuso is again well balanced. Nesta and Terry will compliment each other well, in a similar way to Vidic and Rio did throughout the years. My fullbacks are defensively solid and also very good going forward.

I believe the key factors in my match over Cutch is its counter attacking ability but also the fact that there are goals throughout the team - Ronaldo, Ibra, Bale and Di Maria, added to by Pirlo's set piece brilliance and goal threat from defence in Terry and Ivanovic.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Sorry to say, but I've gone for Cutch here. Pirlo is more of a DLP than a DM. Gattuso is also a hound dog defender who is apt to roam all over is not suited to stay back and shield the back 4 alone.

Giggs's running and Beckham's crossing will provide a string of opportunities for Cutch and despite Nesta being there, I think Cutch's team will score and more than 1 goal...

Dan has Ronnie and Bale, but will suffer from a severe lack of possession in the middle and without the ball, even they cannot be of much value.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
10 mins and Dan leads by 4 votes...against Fergie's team? :eek:
Long long way to go of course, Fergie's teams have always loved a comeback! One of those votes for me is mine, just checking that's okay?

Also, to discuss the game: I know how popular a Keane-Scholes midfield would be (admittedly they are my 2 favourite players), hence why I have played 3 in the middle - and I think my trio of Di Maria/Pirlo/Gattuso has more legs in there/and more ability to dribble/press.

Would also argue that although Becks and Neville had a superb partnership in their time, I can't see Neville getting forward at all with the threat of Di Maria and Ronaldo on his side.

Should be an interesting game though!

DanNistelrooy

Sorry to say, but I've gone for Cutch here. Pirlo is more of a DLP than a DM. Gattuso is also a hound dog defender who is apt to roam all over is not suited to stay back and shield the back 4 alone.

Giggs's running and Beckham's crossing will provide a string of opportunities for Cutch and despite Nesta being there, I think Cutch's team will score and more than 1 goal...

Dan has Ronnie and Bale, but will suffer from a severe lack of possession in the middle and without the ball, even they cannot be of much value.
Personally think you are doing Gattuso a huge disservice there but fair enough. Re the possession comment - for me Pirlo is as good as Scholes is at retaining possession and dictating the tempo of a game. Believe my trio has more than enough to get the ball to Ronaldo and Bale - who I would fancy to get the better of Cutch's fullbacks (not to discredit Neville/Irwin)

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
If Cutch had chosen Kanchelkis instead of Beckham, I'd have voted for him.

As it stands, I think there's too much pace in Dan's XI: Nesta, Marcelo, Di Maria, Ronaldo and Bale are all lightning quick, where Giggs and Ferdinand (and arguably Stam, when he got going) are the only ones who covered the ground quickly in Cutch's team.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Don't like Dan's team at all, sorry. A few points
- Ibra isn't the kind of striker that would've thrived with Ronaldo and Bale. They need Benzema, who would create space and confuse defenders - Ibra would occupy central zone and it would be overcrowded. He is too selfish to work with them
- Di Maria - Gattuso - Pirlo lacks balance. Gattuso is a brilliant engine and physical presence (and he is against Roy freaking Keane here), but he is more of a defensive box-to-box, and he isn't instructed to sit deep. Pirlo doesn't offer much defensively, don't see how he would help here. Di Maria would be supporting the left flank mostly, as he did with Ronaldo - and he is going to contribute on a Beckham level. Very similar set-ups, actually, it's almost Di Maria - Gattuso - Pirlo against Beckham - Keane - Scholes, but, while it's arguable, which one has more talent, United definitely has more work-rate
- Marcelo is simply a liability defensive-wise - and look who is on his side of midfield, Andrea Pirlo, who isn't going to bother himself with tracking back. Ivanovic is another one - I never was his fan, he is a brilliant statistically but I simply don't like him. Not my biggest issue with the team though.
- Nesta - Terry is a complimentary partnership? Both were stoppers, they are like Vidic - Stam, not like Vidic - Rio. Terry is at his best when he has a true DM and a covering partner next to him. Nesta certainly has intelligence and experience to provide it but it's not his best role - it would've been better if Nesta would've been partnered with Carvalho, for example (is he available?)

Now it looks simply harsh :( Sorry again, @DanNistelrooy

I don't think that you can say much about Cutch's team as we all know how it works and could've named his XI and tactics weeks before. Relative "weakness" in midfield isn't exploited by his opponent and I believe that he is more than well-equipped to beat his opponent here.

3-1 or something like that. Cantona MotM

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
- Ibra isn't the kind of striker that would've thrived with Ronaldo and Bale. They need Benzema, who would create space and confuse defenders - Ibra would occupy central zone and it would be overcrowded. He is too selfish to work with them
- Di Maria - Gattuso - Pirlo lacks balance. Gattuso is a brilliant engine and physical presence (and he is against Roy freaking Keane here), but he is more of a defensive box-to-box, and he isn't instructed to sit deep. Pirlo doesn't offer much defensively, don't see how he would help here. Di Maria would be supporting the left flank mostly, as he did with Ronaldo - and he is going to contribute on a Beckham level. Very similar set-ups, actually, it's almost Di Maria - Gattuso - Pirlo against Beckham - Keane - Scholes, but, while it's arguable, which one has more talent, United definitely has more work-rate
- Marcelo is simply a liability defensive-wise - and look who is on his side of midfield, Andrea Pirlo, who isn't going to bother himself with tracking back. Ivanovic is another one - I never was his fan, he is a brilliant statistically but I simply don't like him. Not my biggest issue with the team though.
- Nesta - Terry is a complimentary partnership? Both were stoppers, they are like Vidic - Stam, not like Vidic - Rio. Terry is at his best when he has a true DM and a covering partner next to him. Nesta certainly has intelligence and experience to provide it but it's not his best role - it would've been better if Nesta would've been partnered with Carvalho, for example (is he available?)

Now it looks simply harsh :( Sorry again, @DanNistelrooy

I don't think that you can say much about Cutch's team as we all know how it works and could've named his XI and tactics weeks before. Relative "weakness" in midfield isn't exploited by his opponent and I believe that he is more than well-equipped to beat his opponent here.

3-1 or something like that. Cantona MotM
I agree with the first bolded part and thought it myself when I saw the lineups - I can see how it would work, but I don't really see Ibra as having the selflessness to play the Benzema role and be anywhere near peak effectiveness.

The second bolded part, I just can't quite fathom. Nesta and Rio are constantly compared to each other on here, but leaving aside that, what do they really lack as a partnership? Nesta has played alongside loads of partners and been consistently great, as the covering defender every bit as much as the stopper as I remember. Both Nesta and Terry are very good in possession too, Terry under-ratedly so.

As regards midfield I have to give to Cutch, although it'll be competitive.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The second bolded part, I just can't quite fathom. Nesta and Rio are constantly compared to each other on here, but leaving aside that, what do they really lack as a partnership? Nesta has played alongside loads of partners and been consistently great, as the covering defender every bit as much as the stopper as I remember. Both Nesta and Terry are very good in possession too, Terry under-ratedly so.
Maybe. They are compared mostly because they are the finest defenders of their generation, not because of their style. Nesta certainly has the intelligence to cover for Terry, as I said, so it's not a weakness per se, but I wouldn't call it a complimentary partnership.

He is comparing them to Rio-Vida, who were one of the most complimentary defensive partnerships ever. And Nesta - Terry are just not that. If not for that comparison, I wouldn't have mentioned it at all.

Annahnomoss

Zlatan would be brilliant with Ronaldo and Bale outside of him instead of Lavezzi and Cavani who play exactly the same role. Both Real and PSG use a false-9 in Benzema and Zlatan, with false-wingers who tries to make off the ball runs as much as possible.

Offensively Zlatan would carve open defenses in a way Benzema would never be capable of. Zlatan is a much better playmaker than he is a goalscorer, which is very unnatural for him.

Of course he has still been the third best goalscorer on the planet after Messi and Ronaldo since 2012. Which says a lot about how good his playmaking is as it is alone what made him considered a world class player(and a constant nominee for the Ballon d last decade) before he ever scored much.

Defensively there is the question whether there is enough cover to have Zlatan and Ronaldo in the team. It is basically like having two lazy strikers who don't want/can't to do much defensive work.

Not sure if I would say there is enough defensive cover to allow them both to play - without unbalancing the team. But offensively they'd be magical.

MJJ

Went for Dan., think his offense will be too much for cutch to handle. The keane-scholes tandem was never enough in europe and hence SAF chose butt to provide more solidity. I dont think cutch is playing the latter version of scholes which would have worked better as he mentioned them complementing each other while on the other hand you have gattuso and di maria and pirlo to dominate the middle.

I disagree with the person who said beckham will tuck in to make the third person, he is up against ronaldo and marcelo(with di maria going wide at times as well) if he tucks in, cutch is going to get roasted down that flank.

Ibra and ronaldo should work a treat as well, both are arrogant bastards but both have the will to win that is matched by few others. Can see them pushing each other on and gelling well as both of them are complete forwards. Bale would probably play more like a traditional fullback as well.

Edit-Forgot to mention there is a serious lack of pace in Cutch attack with giggs really the only one who would threaten against a high line.

Last edited:

VivaJanuzaj

I'm not entirely convinced on Dann's team, Terry doesn't strike me as the best partner for Nesta, while I think Ivanovic at his prime is a monster. I'm not sure about Ibrahimovic either, he is a monster under Ancelotti no doubt, but will it fit Ronaldo and Bale in a really quick counter attacking system? Not too sure, you might want a weaker forward but one who will know to find Ronaldo. I seriously think I would've preferred Benzema there

VivaJanuzaj

I do think the aerial duel of Ronaldo and Ibra with crosses from di Maria Marcelo and Bale vs Rio-Stam will be much more dangerous than RvN and Cantona lurking the box against Nesta and Terry with Beckham-Giggs crosses/through balls

MJJ

I'm not entirely convinced on Dann's team, Terry doesn't strike me as the best partner for Nesta, while I think Ivanovic at his prime is a monster. I'm not sure about Ibrahimovic either, he is a monster under Ancelotti no doubt, but will it fit Ronaldo and Bale in a really quick counter attacking system? Not too sure, you might want a weaker forward but one who will know to find Ronaldo. I seriously think I would've preferred Benzema there
I think it will work pretty well, ibra's ball control is second to none and he can easily drop deep and thread through a pass for ronaldo/bale/di maria to run onto. I dont think benzema has anything on ibra other than work-rate and pace, and ibra more than makes up for it with his technique, strength and vision. Can you imagine the one-twos around the box?

I think ibra is the only striker in world football who has proven he can play in every system from pep's tiki taka to ancelotti's counter attacking style.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
It's a really tight match this. One can say Dan's midfield has the advantage with him having a trio there to deal with Keane-Scholes duo. However, you could also say, Cutch's team will be more defensively solid and better at retaining their shape than Dan's team. For instance, you can see Giggs-Irwin and Beckham-Neville working together in tandem to nullify Ronaldo-Marcelo(-Di Maria) and Bale-Ivanovic to the best of their ability. You can't say the same for Dan's team when Cutch's team is on the ball or counter-attacking as Bale and Ronaldo aren't going to contribute much defensively or as much as Beckham and Giggs anyway.

This naturally means Gattuso is going to be needed a lot to cover the right flank and so too does Di Maria to cover the left flank. Unlike them, Keane-Scholes can primarily focus on the midfield battle as they have 2 workhorses on the wings and 2 defensive stalwarts for full-backs, not something you can say of Marcelo and Ivanovic (harsh on him but it's in relative to Neville and he has to face Giggs at his prime here). This is where Dan's extra man advantage in the midfield isn't so black and white.

Otherwise it's really close to call this one and most of the other battles on the pitch is pretty even-stevens. I'm just edging towards Cutch's team for those reasons above and I think Dan might have had the edge if he had 2 defensively better full-backs who wouldn't need too much protection/covering from their midfield.

Last edited:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I always thought Ibra is a brilliant choice for a striker with wide forwards next to him. The version of Ibra playing under Ancelotti at PSG wasn't really a selfish player anymore, he was a brilliant false 9ish striker who was the main goalscorer and the standout playmaker in the final 3rd. I'd say he's actually one of the few strikers in world football today, who would be an upgrade on Benzema (Lewandowski probably the other one). Ibra would have much more problems with a 2nd striker/goalscoring AM behind him, because both would constantly occupy the same space. This set-up is wonderful for Ibra and Ronaldo in my opinion.

Thisistheone

I just love the thought of Ruud being fed by Cantona. And Giggs. and Beckham... and Scholes. But mainly Eric because it's not something we got to see but it makes the imagination run wild.

I also think there's more work-rate in Cutch's side. Ronaldo, Bale and Zlatan won't track back at all. While Giggs and Beckham are two of the hardest working wingers we've seen recently. Going forward I also see Ivanovic struggling with a prime Giggs & Irwin combination. Likewise Beckham and Neville had a great understanding and came up against fullbacks as quick as Marcelo before and still caused havok.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

As regards midfield I have to give to Cutch, although it'll be competitive.
Agree with this. Not really getting the Nesta criticism, it's difficult to imagine anyone who he couldn't play alongside and he'd complement Terry well.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I don't like Zlatan up there and Cutch's fullbacks will do a better job against Bale-Ronaldo than Ivanovic and Marcelo will do against Giggs and Beckham. Rest is even/competitive, but ultimately TEAM will trump INDIVIDUALS.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Agree with this. Not really getting the Nesta criticism, it's difficult to imagine anyone who he couldn't play alongside and he'd complement Terry well.
Exactly, must admit it was a strange criticism. Anyway for me this game would easily be in favour of Dan if he had a holding midfield and Di Maria in front of a 2 man midfield. As it is I don't think his midfield is as hard working as the Cutch midfield which has 4 grafters. So you can imagine Cutch's side playing above and beyond themselves to get the result needed. Ronaldo isn't the greatest of dribblers and a peak Neville could potentially handle him to the extent where he scores 1 goal max. Irwin would handle Bale in my opinion and Ibra can get nullified by the United defence easily.

No one is able to pick up Cantona in this game, it'll have to be Nesta which leaves Ruud v Terry. That is a pretty decent match up - could go either way.
The scoreline looks like a 1-1 to me.. but I think that the Ancellotti side if it clicks into gear can produce that slick European performance which leaves its opponents chasing shadows.. Di Maria is key here, one or two runs and he will unlock that defence in my opinion as United lack an out and out DM too. United's side has bags of character though, more so than Ancellotti's side.. their hunger and aggression is on another level.

DanNistelrooy

Fair points but I disagree with some of these.

1) Disagree with Ibra not being suited to playing alongside Ronaldo and Bale, he has the touch and creativity to thrive when playing with these 2.

2) Gattuso/Di Maria/Pirlo lacking balance. We have defensive steel in there with Gattuso, with the positioning of Pirlo. Added to that Pirlo and Di Maria's ability to retain possession and shift the ball from midfield to Bale/Ronaldo/Ibra quickly.

3) Nesta/Terry not complimenting one another. I loved the way Nesta read the game and was incredible with interceptions and always being in the right position. I think he will compliment Terry, who prefers to physically dominate his opponents/win aerial duels. You mention Carvalho being a better pick but you have to remember that Ancelotti managed Carvalho from 2009-2011 when Carvalho was on a rapid decline and being replaced by Luis/Alex a lot of the time. Although Terry may not be the most popular player, the way he has stayed at a top level for a longer time than most of the other world class defenders of his generation (Rio/Vidic/Carvalho) is impressive.

It was always going to be difficult playing against Fergie's elite but doing better than expected. I have tried to replicate a similar team to Ancelotti's of 2013/14 which was of course so devastating on the big occasions. The pace and counter attacking power (especially Ronaldo/Di Maria/Bale vs Cutch's fullbacks) will cause him real problems.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Tbf to Dan I think Nesta and Terry is a complementary partnership. My only small issue with it is the side that Terry is shown on. I can see its so he can be alongside his Chelsea teammate Ivanovic but has he ever played on the right side of centre defence?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
If Cutch had chosen Kanchelkis instead of Beckham, I'd have voted for him.

As it stands, I think there's too much pace in Dan's XI: Nesta, Marcelo, Di Maria, Ronaldo and Bale are all lightning quick, where Giggs and Ferdinand (and arguably Stam, when he got going) are the only ones who covered the ground quickly in Cutch's team.
Why? If you want to get a quick pass to attack, Beckham is far better. You have Giggs on the other wing opening up with his pace. Beckham's pass/cross adds a whole new dimension kanchelskis can never do.

Annahnomoss

I always thought Ibra is a brilliant choice for a striker with wide forwards next to him. The version of Ibra playing under Ancelotti at PSG wasn't really a selfish player anymore, he was a brilliant false 9ish striker who was the main goalscorer and the standout playmaker in the final 3rd. I'd say he's actually one of the few strikers in world football today, who would be an upgrade on Benzema (Lewandowski probably the other one). Ibra would have much more problems with a 2nd striker/goalscoring AM behind him, because both would constantly occupy the same space. This set-up is wonderful for Ibra and Ronaldo in my opinion.
He's not at all a selfish striker, he's the complete opposite. For a decade pretty much he's been told to become more selfish, to score more goals because he'd constantly stick to his flair style and playmaking instead.

Like you say, if anything the issue with any false-9, Zlatan included, is that you can't play a number 10 behind them.Zlatan has even played as a number 10 for Sweden, with some lousy Championship(or below) quality striker in front of him.

I don't think there are many top strikers in the world who'd be unselfish enough to accept such a role.

Zlatan is simply too heavy to do much in the defense without sacrificing his offense, but far from selfish at all.

DanNistelrooy

Well beaten, congrats @Cutch

Was always going to be difficult up against Fergie's elite, I couldn't really pick much of a hole in that team, you have my favourite players in there.

Not sure if you can take any of my players for the next round but Ronnie in for Beckham would improve you.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Well beaten, congrats @Cutch

Was always going to be difficult up against Fergie's elite, I couldn't really pick much of a hole in that team, you have my favourite players in there.

Not sure if you can take any of my players for the next round but Ronnie in for Beckham would improve you.
Ofcourse he would take Ronaldo :D

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
TBF, I don't think that team would have worked better with Ronaldo in it. The midfield four was perfectly balanced.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Yup, but he probably will still take Ronaldo to give himself more tactical options.

MJJ

TBF, I don't think that team would have worked better with Ronaldo in it. The midfield four was perfectly balanced.
Can always play him as a striker in a free role kinda thingy, arent manager votes counting double as well? Havent seen anyone calculating them so far.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would be very interesting to see this matchup on a non United forum, I avoided voting mostly because I found it hard to be objective.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Would be very interesting to see this matchup on a non United forum, I avoided voting mostly because I found it hard to be objective.
I think most posters tried their best to be objective and clearly stated their reasons for their vote, which can then be debated upon. Maybe a few scanvoters yeah, Dan clearly missed a trick here, should have tagged all the Pool and City fans like BobbyManc :D. Anyway, tbh I would have voted for Dan if he had 2 better full-backs in his team. Like I've stated in my earlier post, it was really tight to call this one and that area of the field swung it for me.