• Chris Smalling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anthony Martial

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Onto number four and a much more positive poll. Who is the best signing United have made this decade?

1. David de Gea
Signed for: £22.50m
Appearances: 381
Goals: 0

2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Signed for: Free transfer
Appearances: 53
Goals: 29

3. Robin Van Persie:
Signed for: 22.5 million
Appearances: 105
Goals: 58

4. Ander Herrera
Signed for: 29 million
Appearances: 189
Goals: 20

5. Daniel James
Signed for: 18 million
Appearances: 22
Goals: 3

6. Paul Pogba
Signed for: 90 million
Appearances: 149
Goals: 31

7. Javier Hernandez
Signed for: 8 million
Appearances: 157
Goals: 59

8. Sergio Romero
Signed for: Free Transfer
Appearances: 51
Goals: 0

9. Chris Smalling
Signed for: 13 million
Appearances: 323
Goals: 18

10. Anthony Martial
Signed for: 50 million
Appearances: 191
Goals: 55

11. Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Signed for: 48 million
Appearances: 20
Goals 0

Ibi Dreams

Comfortably RVP, with De Gea second. Quite a depressing list really

Riz

It’s either De Gea or RvP, the rest shouldn’t even be on the list.

I’ll go for Dave.

Oldyella

It’s either De Gea or RvP, the rest shouldn’t even be on the list.

I’ll go for Dave.
Highlights some of the reasons we are struggling these last few years. I went for RVP simply for the immediate impact he had. Could go for De Gea for longevity or Smalling at a push for value for money(yeah yeah before people start moaning.. look at how much we have spent since trying to find someone to replace him)

Nickelodeon

De Gea. Easy. GK has always been a tricky position for us to fill and he has become (one of) the world's best during this period. He has featured in 5 PL Team of the Seasons. Ever since his second season when he became a mainstay, this has been the first time he has shown a loss of form and if any player deserves the faith of the United fans, it's him. People with short memories have forgotten the first 6 seasons post Fergie and how he has single handedly carried us in a way I've never seen a GK do for any team. Even in his worst year, this one, I challenge anyone to find a better individual performance by any of our players than the one he showed in January against Spurs.

Comfortably not just our best signing, but also our best player for the decade. Please refresh your memories with the video below and cherish the gem we've had and hopefully, with some faith in him, we'll be having for the best part of the next decade as well.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
De Gea. Van Persie was instrumental in our league win but, ultimately, he only had 1 world-class season with us. De Gea had been absolutely immense over the decade.

Herrera, probably, as a distant third, if we look at his value & contributions.

Josh 76

De Gea. Van Persie was instrumental in our league win but, ultimately, he only had 1 world-class season with us. De Gea had been absolutely immense over the decade.

Herrera, probably, as a distant third, if we look at his value & contributions.
I would take one world class season from any new signing to win us the PL right now.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Depends what we mean by 'best'

Best value is undoubtedly Chicharito - vital goals in trophy seasons, 1 in 3 for a bargain punt is amazing stats

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Tough pick between DDG & RvP for me. DDG because of longevity I guess, but RvP because of SAF (& a bit of nostalgia :drool:). RvP probably doesn’t deserve it for the lack of longevity, but feck me, what a season that was.

Shout outs to Romero and Zlatan. Shows how piss poor our signings have been as the top 2 we’re both signed under SAF

ottosec

De Gea has been our best player in the last decade, nobody even comes close.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
It's obviously between De Gea and Van Persie.

But I'm going to say Van Persie because although De Gea has been our best player for most of the decade, that Van Persie signing pretty much single-handedly won us a PL title.

De Gea is our best player of the decade, but Van Persie was the best transfer of the decade, imo.

midnightmare

RvP. No-brainer for me. Won us the PL single-handed. DdG has been good - but a lot of that is down to how poor the team has been. Didn't his errors cost us a PL too in his early years?

Rolaholic

Daniel James at no.5...

I like him too but seriously? He's been here for less than 6 months man and hasn't scored in 3

I voted Dave no.1 due to him sticking around for most of the decade but RvP might be the most impactful over a short period

Nickelodeon

For people who are rating RVP's one and only world class season for us to position him as our best signing should also consider the fact that De Gea was also in the PFA Team of the Season that year. In fact, Carrick also had one of his best seasons for us that year.

I believe the timing of this thread so soon after DDG's clanger against Watford has blinded the objectivity of a lot of fans. DDG has been named as our best player of the season for 4 seasons in a row. How could people still pick RVP for his one solitary season over him?

Nickelodeon

RvP. No-brainer for me. Won us the PL single-handed. DdG has been good - but a lot of that is down to how poor the team has been. Didn't his errors cost us a PL too in his early years?
Such assertions are criminal

Why would he be the PL's best GK for 5 out of his 9 seasons if he were only relatively better?