Manchester United Women - Injury Thread 2023-2024 - Irene Guerrero suffers MCL knee injury (2023-11-02)

Lightbringer

Current injuries:

Irene Guerrero - MLC knee injury
Gabby George - ACL knee injury will miss the rest of the season.
Aoife Mannion - out with quad tear (expected to miss another 7-8 weeks aprox from 2013-10-15)
Emma Watson - ACL injury - will miss the rest of the season.
---

Last edited:

Lightbringer

The water at Carrington …
Whats hilarious in that sense was that Casey Stoney suspected Uniteds injury problems with Russo, Press, Heath etc was because of training pitches we had before carrington :D

We are just cursed, eh?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Confirmed. Just awful.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
That's really sad. It looked bad on Sunday but you hope that is not going to be this serious. She was so pleased to join us after being our player as a junior, just getting started and bang. It's likely to cost her the whole season - what a shame.

Lightbringer

That's really sad. It looked bad on Sunday but you hope that is not going to be this serious. She was so pleased to join us after being our player as a junior, just getting started and bang. It's likely to cost her the whole season - what a shame.
So thats two of our biggest signings this summer out 8-12 months. Where does this leave us depth wise? The mental anguish these girls must feel when they know its probably ACL must be gut wrenching. And its not like its just snap a finger an come back as good as before either. I fail to muster words for this. Feels it has sucked alot of enthusiasm away from the season.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Horrible news for George - she had slotted in really well to the team too

Looking light on numbers in defence now - I guess Ladd can play there if needed

Demon Barber

Horrible news for George - she had slotted in really well to the team too

Looking light on numbers in defence now - I guess Ladd can play there if needed
Bad news for George and us. Blundell back to LB, Riviere at RB. Evans as cover. I agree that Ladd can slot in if needed.

It was obvious to everyone, apart from the owners/recruitment side of things, that the defence needed strengthening.

Lightbringer

Our young defender Jess Simpson has picked up an ACL injury. She's been on loan to Bristol since the start of the season but has come back to us now.
I hope we will take good care of her and know we will. This is awful! I am at loss of words, this needs to stop happening.

Lightbringer

More knee injuries...

The silver lining is that its Irene whom Skinner would refuse to play regardless :nono:

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
What a shame for her - and for us. At least we know that recoveries from MCL injuries are generally in the "couple of months" range rather than the year needed to get over a typical ACL injury. Fingers crossed get recovery will go well.