Marcus Rashford MBE MBE | wins again

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Very nice to see some positive news in the media related to our club and I’m very pleased for him, seems like a good lad.

Superden

Hate to be a debbie downer, but it wasnt that long ago that many in the caf dismissed him as a kick and run merchant who should be nowehere near the club. Personally i think he has deserved all the accolades that come his way. I like the way hes not risen to the bait when it comes to social media with the govt, and challenged them rather than bicker with them...also the way he has sat down with the supermarkets and worked with them to achieve his aims rather than just snipe at them for being part of the problem (which is probably what i would have done)...

Stretender

Hate to be a debbie downer, but it wasnt that long ago that many in the caf dismissed him as a kick and run merchant who should be nowehere near the club. Personally i think he has deserved all the accolades that come his way. I like the way hes not risen to the bait when it comes to social media with the govt, and challenged them rather than bicker with them...also the way he has sat down with the supermarkets and worked with them to achieve his aims rather than just snipe at them for being part of the problem (which is probably what i would have done)...
He is still a kick and rush footballer, just see for England no one is putting him in their England first 11 anymore. There are better players emerging and am afraid he will keep falling down the pecking order.

He is a decent human being that's not questionable. His charitable activities must not guarantee him an automatic place in the team though. At the moment he is not playing at a level required for the team to win any matches.

He needs to improve his football.

Not trying to rain on his parade. He has done well for the wider community. That's commendable.

Shiva87

He is still a kick and rush footballer, just see for England no one is putting him in their England first 11 anymore. There are better players emerging and am afraid he will keep falling down the pecking order.

He is a decent human being that's not questionable. His charitable activities must not guarantee him an automatic place in the team though. At the moment he is not playing at a level required for the team to win any matches.

Not trying to rain on his parade. He has done well for the wider community. That's commendable.
And you don't have enough player performance threads to say this? Clearly this thread was to appreciate him for his off field work.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Take this shit to another thread.

El Zoido

Really happy for him, totally deserved. These are challenging times and he chose to stand up, nobody asked him. I get the impression he’ll fight for these causes for years to come. This matters more than football.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I was responding to the original poster. Context and all that right?

Read the full story not just isolated statements.
I read all of their post and all of yours and came to the conclusion that yours was unnecessary.

Red For Ever

I had no idea what a Debbie downer was until I googled it, you learn something every day, I shall use that next time I see my sister in law, sums her up nicely. :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
At least one United player has won something this year. :p

Fair play to Marcus. He deserves the recognition.

Deery

Dreary
Very refreshing to see what Rashford has done and totally deserved.

Read an article on Twitter that he is the most trolled footballer in the world which is very sad to hear.

I’m glad he has not risen to it and proven them all to be the trash they are.

dogwithabone

Fair play to him - and it’s a worthy cause - but I don’t think he’s been quite as good on the pitch since he started this campaign. What he does in a United shirt is all I really care about and could do with him getting back to his well rewarded day job.

Deery

Dreary
Fair play to him - and it’s a worthy cause - but I don’t think he’s been quite as good on the pitch since he started this campaign. What he does in a United shirt is all I really care about and could do with him getting back to his well rewarded day job.
Maybe since he broke his back, don’t think the campaign would have as much an impact as that.

MUM

Congratulations to Marcus, just hope they do more to end child poverty.

Very refreshing to see what Rashford has done and totally deserved.

Read an article on Twitter that he is the most trolled footballer in the world which is very sad to hear.

I’m glad he has not risen to it and proven them all to be the trash they are.
that’s honestly flabbergasting.

Is this due to his work with school meals?

I understand Man Utd players might attract some twitter fools, but Rashford is hardly an offensive player.

then again, we’ve seen how a lot of our own fans have treated him.

He’s achieved more at 22 years old than 99.99% will in their entire lives.

Falcow

Always thought Rooney should have received one as well for the compassion he showed to elderly women.

Joking aside, well done Rashford. Hopefully the next individual award for him will be a balloon dor in next few years.

Deery

Dreary
that’s honestly flabbergasting.

Is this due to his work with school meals?

I understand Man Utd players might attract some twitter fools, but Rashford is hardly an offensive player.

then again, we’ve seen how a lot of our own fans have treated him.

He’s achieved more at 22 years old than 99.99% will in their entire lives.
I think that’s the thought that it’s gotten worse since he has started the school meals campaign, but Raheem Sterling is the second most trolled and Gabrielle Jesus surprisingly third so it seems there are racial undertones to it as well.

Superden

Im at work, i dont think i dare to google debbie downer @Red For Ever

i think the original response to my post about rashfords lack of sporting merit sums up the toxicity nicely. as my friend billy butcher would say, no need to be a cnut.

Superden

Truth bomb.
im with this too. cant help but feel that honours system, especially nowadays is the establishment covering its own back. handing a few token ones out to dinner ladies and lollipop women which makes for nice headlines, whilst the real honours, the ones that get kudos and influence for the recipients are handed out to the school tie brigade and the cronies.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Top lad. I think it's worth keeping in mind the ridiculousness of the government having to be shamed into doing the bare minimum for poor kids by a footballer, and the multitudinous good footballers do in their local communities all year round that barely gets a peep of exposure. But this was a very public campaign that needed to be fought; Rashy put his head above the parapet doing interviews and posting on Twitter, which naturally brought plenty of negative attention as well as positive, so fair play and well done to him.

ProEleven

Supports
Everton
Congratulations on a well-deserved recognition. But still many are trolling him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Absolutely proud that he represents our club. What a human being. Keep fighting the good fight, Marcus.

And for feck sakes, make him captain already. He's a role model on and off the pitch. Manchester born and bred, came through the academy and United through and through. Ticks all the boxes.

RUCK4444

Congrats Marcus! Unbelievable achievement at any age let alone 22.

I’m sure he’s comfortable in the knowledge that the idiotic trolls online will fail to ever achieve a tenth of what he has already at his young age.

SungSam7

And we all thought that him hanging around Jesse would be a bad influence. Fair play, instead of arsing around on tik tok, insta or Twitter, hes been using his status to help kids in need rather than trying to force a crap, overpriced clothing line down the throats of fans.

Fair play to him, we may not be doing well on the pitch and he hasn't been in form since his injury, but that is all forgotten when it comes to things that matter. Congratulations Marcus! You have made us all proud to be fans.

Neo_Mufc

Some excellent off the ball news from one of ours. I normally give footballers a lot of stick but proud that we have one who has worked hard to help people who genuinely need help.

Surprised this thread isn't full of praise!

alexthelion

Now he's got his gong it's time he focussed fully on his football and forgets all the off-field stuff.

Perhaps then his performances will improve.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Now he's got his gong it's time he focussed fully on his football and forgets all the off-field stuff.

Perhaps then his performances will improve.
Or his back injury is effecting long term to the point he has to learn a new style of football.

That's what RVP said who also had his injury.

Why would his off the field duties effect him? He doesnt look like he has put on weight like the other footballers do when they relax? I've not heard of him not attending training or being underwhelming in stuff either. He plays a game or two at max a week - he has enough free time to do as he wishes. What he is doing is amazing.

Zlatattack

I'm really pleased for him. As much as I don't like the Honours system for its association with empire, Marcus deserves recognition for his exceptional efforts. #rashy4pm