Marcus Rashford (Out)

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Same rumor every year.

saik

Nice. Hope it's true this time and they make him their top target and give us something silly like 100m. Will solve our FFP problems in a flash.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Maybe wishful thinking from me but I have a feeling Brailsford and co would love to make a statement sale reminding everyone that talent is not enough, you need to give 100% every single second you give to this club.

ShinjiNinja26

I can’t see it happening but if we’re going to cash in on him then it’s best we do it now. He’s not having the best of seasons but was really good last year and PSG seem to have a hard on for him. With Mbappe going in the summer we may be able to extract big money from them, he’s shown over the years at Utd that’s he’s unable to find the consistency to produce at a high level season after season. It’s always one good one followed up with a bad/average one with Rashford.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Maybe wishful thinking from me but I have a feeling Brailsford and co would love to make a statement sale reminding everyone that talent is not enough, you need to give 100% every single second you give to this club.
He’s our poster boy. I bet you a Kenwood juicer SJR won’t sell him, he isn’t that big a problem yet and he is still scoring.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We won’t be looking to sell him, and I think we would struggle to replace him more than many think.

For me, it depends on what he wants. If he wants to go and experience something else then I’d be looking at 120m at least and let him go. We’d need a top forward who can come in and out up big numbers and ready to do it against the big and small teams to come in, and there aren’t many sure things for that, and they will cost the same as we’d sell him for.

Nep77

I can see this happening and will solve our FFP issue to some degree. It is right time to cash him.

Also, It will let Rashford have a fresh start away and INEOS to make statement about the attitude that is needed to play for United going forward.

InfiniteBoredom

If the new set up has any wits about them they should drive him to the airport themselves.

He’s 27 this year and instead of building on his best season to date, has again regressed. What we see is what we get and there’s no point building a side around him in the foreseeable future when none has worked with that approach and he’s not showing any sign of putting it together consistently as a top footballer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I can see this happening and will solve our FFP issue to some degree. It is right time to cash him, Also will let Rashford have a fresh start away and INEOS to make statement about the attitude that is needed to play for United going forward.
It won’t solve anything of the sort, it would cost 100m+ to adequately replace him.

Rafael Leao would be the obvious choice but would cost us whatever we got for Rashford.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s our poster boy. I bet you a Kenwood juicer SJR won’t sell him, he isn’t that big a problem yet and he is still scoring.
Again, maybe I am being optimistic but I think you’ll find that the new sporting structure that is being put in place has far more interest in footballing performance than “poster boy” nonsense.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A poll on whether you'd want to sell or not would be interesting. I'm sure I'm in the minority when I say I'd rather keep for now with the hopes that he regains his best form.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
As already said above he’d actually be quite hard to replace (the on form version) If he’s willing to give it his all under the new ownership then I’d keep him next season and see. He’s on a long deal. I don’t really care if he wants to go though. It’s obvious in far too many of his performances he’s not fully happy here

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Him and McTominay could quite possibly fund the rebuild themselves. That's like 100-150 Million in pure profit in those two.

Berbaclass

As already said above he’d actually be quite hard to replace (the on form version) If he’s willing to give it his all under the new ownership then I’d keep him next season and see. He’s on a long deal. I don’t really care if he wants to go though. It’s obvious in his performances he’s not fully happy here
A don't agree. We need a different profile of player. He's a pure counter player. We should be looking to move away from that if we're to become a top side.

OldSchoolManc

He might do well in the farmers league playing for the top team and some will cry about how we shouldn’t have let him go.
But he is useless consistently in the EPL. It’s too much hard work for him to do it every game.
Take anything 50m plus

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Him and McTominay could quite possibly fund the rebuild themselves. That's like 100-150 Million in pure profit in those two.
That’s selling two players to buy two players and I really hope it’s not like another £80million Anthony

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It won’t solve anything of the sort, it would cost 100m+ to adequately replace him.

Rafael Leao would be the obvious choice but would cost us whatever we got for Rashford.
Leao isn't exactly a bastion of consistency either. I think he's fallen off from last season almost as much as Rashford has.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He might do well in the farmers league playing for the top team and some will cry about how we shouldn’t have let him go.
But he is useless consistently in the EPL. It’s too much hard work for him to do it every game.
Take anything 50m plus
£50mil!? feck that. You’d never replace rashford for that

Berbaclass

That’s selling two players to buy two players and I really hope it’s not like another £80million Anthony
Who said two players? 120 Million in pure FFP profit would give enormous leverage this summer. It would allow us to buy more than two players.

Nep77

Leao looks to be like to like replacement that comes to the mind and like you said will cost almost the similar amount. But what if we decide to rebuild with different type of player than getting another wide/inside forward? I don't think current productivity level of Rashford will be much difficult to replace. Many are hoping for the Rashford to get back to last season form but I for one believe we should move on from team that is purely setup for Bruno and Rashford to play on the counter.

InfiniteBoredom

In the short term it will, a one time windfall of £100m+ in pure profits given his homegrown status will give us a lot of rooms to maneuver, to say nothing of the wage he’s on.

And I don’t think it will be especially hard to replace him. He averages around 10-12 goals a season in the league, with half of his seasons since becoming a first teamer failing to get to double digit in goals. While he’s undoubtedly our best performing forward over the whole stretch, it’s an indictment on how toothless we’ve been as a whole, and moving away from building our attack around transitional players like him and Bruno Fernandes is probably worth a try when the current approach sees us 2nd best, at best.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Would be interesting to see does the club invite interest in him now that there will be actual competent footballing people making decisions. You'd have to seriously consider a £60million plus bid.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
In the short term it will, a one time windfall of £100m+ in pure profits given his homegrown status will give us a lot of rooms to maneuver, to say nothing of the wage he’s on.

And I don’t think it will be especially hard to replace him. He averages around 10-12 goals a season in the league, with half of his seasons since becoming a first teamer failing to get to double digit in goals. While he’s undoubtedly our best performing forward over the whole stretch, it’s an indictment on how toothless we’ve been as a whole, and moving away from building our attack around transitional players like him and Bruno Fernandes is probably worth a try when the current approach sees us 2nd best, at best.
He will be very hard to replace. He is a forward in peak years who is rapid and has the ability to score 17/18+ league goals a season from out wide. I would wager the vast majority of bright young things who will be mentioned will come in and score 5 or 6 goals. Someone still needs to provide a top level threat. A 30m Antonio Nusa or whatever can’t come in and replace Rashford. I can’t see us getting 2 goals out of Kvaratshkelia, not Nico Williams.

If we can get Mbappé himself, or Vinicius, then I’d happily let Rashford go, but I suspect we’d be disappointed with his replacement and you mention toothless, but I think that’s exactly what we’d become, with a frontline of teenagers who everyone says might be good players in 3 years. We need a top level player who we can expect to deliver here and now, and there are few of those, and availability is another issue.

If we can’t get Mbappé or Vini, or at a push - Leao, then I’d be looking to keep Rashford. I’d be down to get a Nusa alongside him as a longer term succession plan though.

Berbaclass

He will be very hard to replace. He is a forward in peak years who is rapid and has the ability to score 17/18+ league goals a season from out wide. I would wager the vast majority of bright young things who will be mentioned will come in and score 5 or 6 goals. Someone still needs to provide a top level threat. A 30m Antonio Nusa or whatever can’t come in and replace Rashford. I can’t see us getting 2 goals out of Kvaratshkelia, not Nico Williams.

If we can get Mbappé himself, or Vinicius, then I’d happily let Rashford go, but I suspect we’d be disappointed with his replacement and you mention toothless, but I think that’s exactly what we’d become, with a frontline of teenagers who everyone says might be good players in 3 years. We need a top level player who we can expect to deliver here and now, and there are few of those, and availability is another issue.

If we can’t get Mbappé or Vini, or at a push - Leao, then I’d be looking to keep Rashford. I’d be down to get a Nusa alongside him as a longer term succession plan though.
Rashford simply doesn’t show his ability often enough.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would be interesting to see does the club invite interest in him now that there will be actual competent footballing people making decisions. You'd have to seriously consider a £60million plus bid.
60m for Rashford would be an absolute joke, and this new board should be sacked as quickly as they have started if they did such a deal. We should be demanding double that from any suitors.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I bet Mr Small Gains will think it’s a mental issue that he can tackle given his background

I keep saying it but I can honestly see Rashford retiring from football at 30