Marcus Rashford (Out) | Ornstein: United want to keep, will only consider substantial bids

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Why are the other players tolerating this? Keane would have torn him a new one. Rooney as well.
No idea. I think we’ve got too many like this and the balance isn’t sufficient to force players to change. Too lackadaisical an environment. Average breeds average.

Sell him, Sancho, let Martials contract run down and send a message that attitude is vital to play for us. Replace with more hungry players and start changing the dressing room ethos

Odd that there was so much uproar about Ronaldo’s apparent lack of effort (but more goals) and Martials.

Wonder what the difference is with Rashford…. ……

antk

I often have issues with Rashford's performancs, but there's nothing wrong with this specific clip. He's not going to press on his own when the rest of the team is in a low block. Even in the end he closes down once he realizes the ball handler isn't going to release it as quick as he thought.

Lemon Moon

G. Nevile saying he is worried about him on the Overlap. Was he insinuating Rashford could be suffering from some form of mental illness?

Shinjch

Will be a real test of this INEOS with how they handle him. I hope they are looking at ways to get him out of the club in the next window or two. Will probably be for his own good too.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I swear every person who runs these accounts has never actually played football before.
There is no way Rashford could do any meaningful pressing under that circumstances. Himself alone vs like 4 defenders + goalie. I believe even Odegaard, Rice, and Saka will struggle like the current United players if they play for ETH.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
G. Nevile saying he is worried about him on the Overlap. Was he insinuating Rashford could be suffering from some form of mental illness?
I'd be shocked if that's what he meant. I think it was more like he was worried that Marcus has lost his motivation and simply stopped caring about football/the club and maybe that there are things outside the pitch that stops him from climbing out of the hole. Rio added on to it that maybe Marcus needs to get rid of the people around him just like he did when he moved to Leeds.

Lemon Moon

I'd be shocked if that's what he meant. I think it was more like he was worried that Marcus has lost his motivation and simply stopped caring about football/the club and maybe that there are things outside the pitch that stops him from climbing out of the hole. Rio added on to it that maybe Marcus needs to get rid of the people around him just like he did when he moved to Leeds.
Okay yeah that makes sense I guess but I just remember Gary repeatedly saying how worried he is about him. We don't know what people/players go through behind closed doors. Always remember what happened to Gary Speed & think moments like that are avoidable. I'm not saying Rashford is heading that way but just rather you don't know how lads are feeling & although we criticise performances there could be more to it.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Genuine question - was last season just a complete fluke for him?
As a neutral I don't think so. He is quality in the right system. His body language suggested his lost confidence in the head coach and he gave up already. I can understand fans are mad at him because he can't give up and collect his big pay cheque every week.

My guess is ETH will probably leave the club before Rashford, and Rashford will get another chance to prove himself under a new coach.

Irwin99

As a neutral I don't think so. He is quality in the right system. His body language suggested his lost confidence in the head coach and he gave up already. I can understand fans are mad at him because he can't give up and collect his big pay cheque every week.

My guess is ETH will probably leave the club before Rashford, and Rashford will get another chance to prove himself under a new coach.
The thing is, he kind of gave up in the Ole/Ralf season too and scored 5 goals in something like 30+ games. My problem with him is that he gets a new manager-which may or may not be what he wants- starts banging them in again, everybody starts saying "it was all the mangers fault" and then decides the season after that that he's not feeling it again. It's just frustrating for fans to see a player like that.

I'd kill for a player with the same consistency as your user name or Mo Salah or RVN- a forward that's on mega wages but can be relied on for successive seasons.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The thing is, he kind of gave up in the Ole/Ralf season too and scored 5 goals in something like 30+ games. My problem with him is that he gets a new manager-which may or may not be what he wants- starts banging them in again, everybody starts saying "it was all the mangers fault" and then decides the season after that that he's not feeling it again. It's just frustrating for fans to see a player like that.

I'd kill for a player with the same consistency as your user name or Mo Salah or RVN- a forward that's on mega wages but can be relied on for successive seasons.
I can definitely understand fans frustration. There is no excuse for Rashford not trying. ETH's tactic however is definitely not helping Untied players though.

Nep77

Please Sign him if you think so :lol:

tomaldinho1

No, but we setup to really accommodate him post Ronaldo and Sancho losing his claim on the LW spot.

Eriksen when he was fit really allowed Shaw to push on by sitting in that left hand channel and Rashford did not to have to track back so much because any attack down that side had an extra body (albeit neither Eriksen nor Rashford are that great at defending, it's an extra person). If you think about our forwards setup we had Antony, Weggy, Bruno and Rashford as a front 4 many games - that's a huge amount of off the ball work there, bar Rashford, and the goal scoring burden is mostly falling on him with Bruno helping out. Eriksen/Case really worked well for two older guys no longer in their primes, Case on his own is a disaster.

I really think he should be moved on and I think he should also want to move on now. He must be so disillusioned about the club - forever thinking it's a new dawn, getting so much flak, seeing players come and go and having to put up with the United circus. For the club he's a monumentally valuable asset given he's an academy player and we need to sign a lot of players.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
The combination of his obvious ability, his own motivation and belief in what he's doing and a functioning team around him is a heady combination. We're missing two out of the three at the moment and it looks shit. I'd settle for the 2 out of 3 he can control himself.

acid_fuji

If PSG are stupid enough to offer 120m, we should take it.
No one sane would pay that amount of money for him. I really doubt ineos will have the balls to tell him to feck off. We are essentially stuck with him.

davidmichael

Why are the other players tolerating this? Keane would have torn him a new one. Rooney as well.
Because some how we’ve gone from real leaders like Robson, Keane, Bruce, Schmeichel and Vidic and players ego always gave 100% like Irwin, Beckham, Neville and Rooney to the likes of Pogba, Lingard, Sancho and Rashford who care far more about their off pitch status and PR than playing football even though that’s what puts them in the spotlight and pays them an obscene amount of money.

Reality is it started at the very top with Woodward who thought of himself as the big chief in a billion pound company and boasted about our status and finances and only concerned himself with what made his masters happy, money which was brought in through our commercial appeal with sponsorships and high reputation players.

I remember Rooney telling a story about Pogba and Lingard dancing and singing after a bad defeat so because he and Carrick were the senior players they gave them a proper dressing down but once the likes of Pogba and Lingard became senior players that mindset filtered down and it’s how Rashford became how he is.

The best thing Ratcliffe can do is to rid ourselves of everyone with that mindset and I’d honestly accept 2-3 years of rebuild in order to create the right atmosphere and mindset in the club again, I want to see people fighting for the shirt and giving 100% every game even if we lose because giving 100% every match is the bare fecking minimum even if Rashford believes he’s above it.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us

You can't tell me this man cares :mad:

"Don't question my commitment to Manchester United"!?
Nothing wrong with that clip.

People that don't play 5-a side every Sunday with their overweight mates cannot possibly comprehend the effort required to chase after the ball. Yes, he's a professional footballer, yes, he just came on and yes, he's supposed to be playing for his boyhood club but

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
You can't use an isolated situation like that to determine that a player is "lazy" or not determined to give 100%.

And no, that doesn't mean I think Rashford is always performing at the maximum of his potential. It just means that "evidence" like this is just plain stupid.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Much better perspective here. He is largely playing within the tactical scheme, just looking to delay Chelsea, block passing lanes, and fall back into a low block.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
No club can afford his wages in EPL other than City, and no club can afford him other than PSG and Real Madrid outside of England.
That is the problem… By over paying players like Rashford & Sancho it severely impacts who would be in a position to sign them .

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Much better perspective here. He is largely playing within the tactical scheme, just looking to delay Chelsea, block passing lanes, and fall back into a low block.

He's been playing for 20 minutes and he can't exert any pressure to even try and force a mistake? Its pathetic.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

It is all BS just to put the blame on him.