Gaming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

Raw

Are they that old that they need remastered editions? Never got to finish them but it's on my to do list, after i finish Baldur's Gate 2, so 5 years probably.
Well The Last of Us got remastered a year after it's release so age of a game doesn't always stop them getting remastered!

jackal&hyde

2 and 3 probably still hold up well and need more of a visual update than anything. 1 is seriously outdated at this point. It was even pretty shoddy at launch for visuals and combat.

I'd suspect 1 will get a pretty big overhaul and 2 and 3 probably updated graphics and not much else.
Makes sense. I only played the 1st for a bit and that was a few years after the 3ed was out :lol:.

I'm always a bit suspicious of the remastered phenomenon as I think it's often about cashing in rather then doing much improvement but there are some good examples too, the Infinity Engine games for one. Hope they do a good job here and I finally get to play them.

Bojan11

All the old cast from trilogy are reuniting tomorrow for N7 day.

Oh and

@Shane88 tomorrow is the day.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Might have to fire up the MP tomorrow, though my 360 is collecting dust somewhere and my PC manifest is barely started.

AaronRedDevil

Imagine if they redid the ending of ME3 or left us an extra Scene of Shepard being alive and well.

Coxy

All the old cast from trilogy are reuniting tomorrow for N7 day.

Oh and

@Shane88 tomorrow is the day.
My favourite series of the 360 generation - mass effect 2 even sneaks into my top 10 of all time. Really hope we get the announcement tomorrow but hope it’s a proper remaster with mass effect 1 combat updated etc. Fingers crossed.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Best news of 2020. So pumped up for this. Please EA don't feck this up

Bojan11

So not only a remaster, but a new game will be coming out too.

Coxy

So not only a remaster, but a new game will be coming out too.
was hoping for more to be honest - rather than it just looking prettier. Struggling to be excited for it at the minute.

Bojan11

Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!
https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe
New game incoming. Hopefully its not Andromeda 2

AaronRedDevil

I hope the next mass effect goes back to the original squad. After that ending, I feel like theres one more

Tiber

I would love to the new game to be set during the first contact war and earth's first steps into the wider galaxy

Ainu

To honest the way that's worded doesn't fill me with confidence for the original trilogy. I loved Mass Effect back in the day but it's a 13 year old game by now and it needs more than a lick of paint. All three games at the very least need thorough QOL improvements, if not fundamental redesigns of certain elements (ME1 inventory system anyone?). I'm fearing a half-arsed job and in that case I'd rather not bother with it. You'd probably be better off playing the pc versions with mods or something.

Tiber

The reunion starring Mark Meer and Jennifer Hale is pretty damn cool

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So what's the score with this? Are they improving gameplay or is it just going to be a bit prettier?

I liked parts of the first one when I tried it but some of the shooting mechanics and stuff felt absolutely terrible!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
It did but that was part of the charm. You had to relearn how to play a shooter because it wasn't a shooter. Couldn't just go running and gunning. I was going to replay them (having never played 3) but I'll wait now

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Tiber

Another guy left too, and their tweets make it sound like they might not already have another job. Maybe it is in protest to the direction EA is wanting to go with the next titles?
Other guy was the director of dragon age. Big name

Revan

Assumptionman
Hudson leaving again means that BioWare is finished for good. He just became GM last year and I had hopes that BioWare might get back in track but him leaving means that ain’t happening.

I might still play ME trilogy remastered cause love those games and haven’t played since ME3 disappointed me, but I guess this is it. Hard to get excited for new ME or DA when no one who made the games I lived is still there.

Kaos

Hudson leaving again means that BioWare is finished for good. He just became GM last year and I had hopes that BioWare might get back in track but him leaving means that ain’t happening.

I might still play ME trilogy remastered cause love those games and haven’t played since ME3 disappointed me, but I guess this is it. Hard to get excited for new ME or DA when no one who made the games I lived is still there.
Yep, if the disasters that were Anthem and Andromeda didn't already confirm that, this certainly does. RIP BioWare, another victim to EA's curse.

The new mass effect will likely be an action shooter with heavy multiplayer, a battle royale mode, and endless microtransactions. I can also seem them churning them out as a yearly game ala Assassins Creed/Call of Duty etc.

Tiber

Please be good.

Would take a lot of balls to bring Shepherd back, but if it saves the fenschise I could get on board

Tiber

Smashed relay, reapers, citadel.

Looks like the destruction ending is canon