Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's done it fairly well for his other team the Dodgers.....but chelsea can only stockpile so many players
So, the obvious here is that Cole is probably not going to play on the right in this new system. I personally envision him as an advanced 8 that moves to more of a 10 in attack… kind of a KDB type role.

That actually just leaves Madueke on the right, and a loanee prospect in Gabriel, Omari, who is getting sold…. And then Estero William and Kendry, who are both prospects and at least a year off.

In attack I could see Nkunku Palmer Olise across the front behind the striker.

If Palmer got hurt I could see either Nkunku or Olise filling that central role…. Although I think Olise is more suited to it.

People keep saying we don’t have people for the left… they may not LIKE our options on the left, but Sterling, Mudryk, Nkunku AND Jackson can all play there.

I see the fact that Olise and Palmer could weave in and out playing each others spots in attack as a problem for defenses.

Not to mention this was always the plan. Joe Shields recruited Olise to City’s EDS from Cobham, and he made him a priority along with Palmer and Lavia more than a year ago.

I thought the idea was they bring the players and the coach works with the squad that he’s given. In which case what are they waiting for?
Even then players usually want to know who is going to be their boss. Absolutely possible that this is coming from Olise, not the club.

So we’re not in a bad manager situation? Open your eyes man
Open your eyes. We have not lost out to Chelsea because of the managerial situation. They aren't advanced with Olise. Read the post.

Open your eyes. We have not lost out to Chelsea because of the managerial situation. They aren't advanced with Olise. Read the post.
Ok. But it’s not just the olise situation is it. We’re not signing anyone or talking advanced with anyone until the manager situation gets sorted. So it’s holding everything up really.

Ok. But it’s not just the olise situation is it. We’re not signing anyone or talking advanced with anyone until the manager situation gets sorted. So it’s holding everything up really.
Im not referring to that. I'm saying the poster is a drama queen for suggesting we've already lost to Chelsea.

Im not referring to that. I'm saying the poster is a drama queen for suggesting we've already lost to Chelsea.
Fair enough. If we look at the bigger picture though by delaying the manager situation. It’s basically putting us behind with our transfer plans.

Fair enough. If we look at the bigger picture though by delaying the manager situation. It’s basically putting us behind with our transfer plans.
Yes thats correct, but I think Chelsea fluffed their appointment by rushing. Still surprised they got rid of Poch, it'll hurt them in the long term.

At this point, despite me wanting EtH to stay, we may as well go mad.

Take their manager, Olise, Eze, Wharton for what, £200m?

Add those three to our current squad for not insane money, sell a shitload of players.

We’d probably do better than whatever the Fcuk ol Ratty Radcliffe is doing at the moment.

Even then players usually want to know who is going to be their boss. Absolutely possible that this is coming from Olise, not the club.

with that list of possible managers, I don't think any of those appointed would sway Olise to sign or not.

with that list of possible managers, I don't think any of those appointed would sway Olise to sign or not.
Not sure... lately Olise impressed in a formation that's quite similar to what Tuchel used at Chelsea. That could have been a factor in discussions. But as we know Tuchel isn't in the running any more.

Not sure... lately Olise impressed in a formation that's quite similar to what Tuchel used at Chelsea. That could have been a factor in discussions. But as we know Tuchel isn't in the running any more.
Yes. We know that Tuchel is out of question.

So then the considerations are Chelsea's manager and those United list of potential managers. I don't think any of them would sway him.

But you could be right.

At this point, despite me wanting EtH to stay, we may as well go mad.

Take their manager, Olise, Eze, Wharton for what, £200m?

Add those three to our current squad for not insane money, sell a shitload of players.

We’d probably do better than whatever the Fcuk ol Ratty Radcliffe is doing at the moment.

Throw another £50m and get Guehi

Yes thats correct, but I think Chelsea fluffed their appointment by rushing. Still surprised they got rid of Poch, it'll hurt them in the long term.
I don’t think there was anything rushed or spontaneous about Maresca’s hire

I think even the talk of one of the owners wanting Poch to remain is all a bit of posturing for the players that may have believed they had a chance to save Poch’s job if they won.

I think the list was window dressing and Maresca was always the inevitable hire. Doesn’t mean it will prove the RIGHT hire necessarily, but it wasn’t rushed. The only two other guys they interviewed don’t play the style they are looking for; one would have downright asked to keep Gallagher. They commented on the great things they learned about Thomas Frank from his interview. They already knew the smallest details about Maresca.

Around the time they started really looking at replacement candidates, they recalled Casadei from a very successful loan from Leicester to mostly sit the bench. They wanted even more day to day info.

And finally, Maresca is the guy with the previous relationship to maybe the most influential guy in our building right now; Joe Shie

If there is one thing this group does, it is lots of research and preliminary work.

Im not sure what advanced means, but having the player agreed terms and now working with the club on schedule of payment sounds like progress today. It still has a bit more to go. The only thing that could help is if the player wants it sorted before EUROs starts.

Im not sure what advanced means, but having the player agreed terms and now working with the club on schedule of payment sounds like progress today. It still has a bit more to go. The only thing that could help is if the player wants it sorted before EUROs starts.

If the source is legit, seems like a done deal. Really annoyed by this. I think he'd be brilliant for us and will be key for unlocking our attack as a wide creator. No service to Hojlund anytime soon it seems.

The quoted sources on here lately are in the toilet. Just any old idiot with a twitter account being quoted if it backs up whatever point people want to make.

How much van Chelsea theoretically spend in this window assuming they sell 75m of home grown players?

I think the “complexity” of the release clause is the fact you cannot negotiate with the player until after it is triggered. Otherwise what would make it hard to be triggered.

Similar to the clause they had last summer. It probably cannot be honoured if it is believed you have agreed terms with the player.

He verbally agreed terms a year ago. So I'm going to go with not very.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't release clauses have to be paid in full?

Yes. Which would explain why Chelsea are in talks with them. If they would just trigger the release clause they would have to pay in full, but wouldn't have to talk to Crystal Palace.

Yes which is why you see stories of Chelsea talking to Palace. Paying above the release clause to get a more favourable payment structure is what they’re after. How far above the clause they have to go to make it enticing for Palace to forego the upfront payment is the question. It does mean United can at any point storm in and pay the release clause and get Olise.

Would be a very good signing but I'm okay with him going to Chelsea, especially if the guy isn't patient enough to wait for us to come in for him. If I'm not mistaken we can't yet make a move for him due to PSR?

There are also some really good prospects in the right winger position out there who we could probably sign. Soulé, Williams, and Bakayoko are all good fits for us IMO. Maybe Barcelona could be willing to sell Raphinha as well?

Chelsea have agreed personal terms with Crystal Palace's Michael Olise.

While United tinker and fail to decide what we actually want.

Three weeks to finalise a decision regarding EtH too.

I had faith in Ineos being more proactive but........

Same old story every year!

Why are you typing in bold?
Chelsea had personal terms agreed with the player a year ago.

Reading this morning that our pursuit of Olise is reliant on a Sancho sale. Not overly confident. Also when you consider Chelsea spend what they want, when they want - this is unlikely. No point being disappointed.

You don't know most of what's going on behind the scenes. Every possiblity is still very much real. We might want him but the player doesn't fancy us, or vice versa. Whether Chelsea agreed personal terms or not is also a big question mark. I think our hands are also tied by PSR currently, but I might be mistaken.

It's best to wait for The Athletic, BBC. etc. other reliable outlets to share new info.

Timing doesn't seem right after spending way too much on Antony and Sancho, we have Amad, Garnacho, have Greenwood to sell as well as Sancho, big wages. Questions over his fitness, we really need to get our finances and training right before making big purchases as well as other positions and also have a game style that can actually utilize players into goals. Adding such and such a player has lead us to buying many overpriced players in hope they bring some creativity or goals and it never works. Maybe buying Robben would do that, he's a once in a 30 year player.

Why are you typing in bold?
Chelsea had personal terms agreed with the player a year ago.

That bold was a mistake boss.

He's a United supporter and wanted to come with us but we always dilly-dally.

Status
Not open for further replies.