Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliseh is a good player but I'm not really excited to have him. He could very well develop into an excellent winger but this summer is not the summer to splash £60mil on an RW. That position is somehow bloated and we need to find a way to let go of unwanted players while giving players like Amad and Garnacho another go and claiming that spot fully before going into the market. Our priority should be at CB, CM, fullbacks and another striker.

You don't know most of what's going on behind the scenes. Every possiblity is still very much real. We might want him but the player doesn't fancy us, or vice versa. Whether Chelsea agreed personal terms or not is also a big question mark. I think our hands are also tied by PSR currently, but I might be mistaken.

It's best to wait for The Athletic, BBC. etc. other reliable outlets to share new info.
I agree with your points but I and many were hoping that Ineos/Sir Jim would be doing something different to the previous years - doesn't seem so unfortunately.

Oliseh is a good player but I'm not really excited to have him. He could very well develop into an excellent winger but this summer is not the summer to splash £60mil on an RW. That position is somehow bloated and we need to find a way to let go of unwanted players while giving players like Amad and Garnacho another go and claiming that spot fully before going into the market. Our priority should be at CB, CM, fullbacks and another striker.
Agree with this, right back I think we could ignore but left back is vital.

How are Chelsea in a financial position to drop 60m on another winger, yet we are still relying on loan signings for critical positions in our squad?

Does Olise make sense for Chelsea? They have so many wide attack/no.10 young players already.

How are Chelsea in a financial position to drop 60m on another winger, yet we are still relying on loan signings for critical positions in our squad?
They sold players for an estimated sum of 275m€ last season, United sold players for 58m€ according to transfermarkt.de

I agree with your points but I and many were hoping that Ineos/Sir Jim would be doing something different to the previous years - doesn't seem so unfortunately.

I think it's way too early to draw a conclusion about that. We'll know more by August and September, but that would still be too early for me. I'm not giving them an excuse already for a potentially underwhelming summer window, but their hands are tied by PSR/FFP, which is down to the Glazers' stupidity of previous windows, especially summer 2022, and they don't have the new decision-making people in place yet, either. I'm 99% sure that there will be at least 4 significant arrivals this summer anyways, no matter what happens with the manager and Ashworth...but I'm also sure that they'll be able to do a much better job in 2025 than this year, as they'll have time to put us in a better position financially, and provide a better structure as well.

EDIT: Just wanted to add one more thing to spark some optimism in people. Remember that the Glazers not only didn't care too much about winning on the pitch, they also had no idea how to deliver success there. Ineos literally just need to be half-decent at managing the club, and be ambitious, and they'll already be infinitely better than the Glazers ever were...and everything they've done in these last 6 months suggests that the ambition is there, and they're miles better than the Glazers in running the club as well.

Last edited:
They sold players for an estimated sum of 275m€ last season, United sold players for 58m€ according to transfermarkt.de

They also spent a little under €475 in the same period giving them a net spend of -€200, and had a net spend of around -€560 the season before according to the same source.

Utd's net spend over the last 2 seasons is around -€360. It's this sort of stuff which highlights City's claims of over-regulations as utter rubbish.

Todd Boehly has still not learnt from his mistakes, more transfers in, more bedding players in, making existing players uncomfortable and worried about their position and then Olise just becomes another cog in a not so well oiled machine, dumped at a moments notice then forgotten about which makes absolutely no sense here but hey, who am I to argue about a guaranteed 5yr contract on high wages

They also spent a little under €475 in the same period giving them a net spend of -€200, and had a net spend of around -€560 the season before according to the same source.

Utd's net spend over the last 2 seasons is around -€360. It's this sort of stuff which highlights City's claims of over-regulations as utter rubbish.

Chelsea have exploited every loophole there is. They don't even have the commercial reach to get money in, its weird how they can get away with this.

But the rules aren't based on net spend. And Chelsea structured their deals in a way to exploit the rules to the max.

We won't drop £60m for another winger when we already have Rashford, Garnacho, Amad, Antony and Sancho on the books. Even if we loan out/ sell Sancho next season we won't replace him with Olise.

Sancho + Amad or Antony out = another winger.

Not quite sure why so many keep on about net spend. Yes it’s a stat but PSR/FFP as has been said time after time that nett spend doesn’t tell you what the player trading profit when a player leaves nor in terms of incomings can you even get a handle of changes to amortised figures and going forward what the squad cost will be

We won't drop £60m for another winger when we already have Rashford, Garnacho, Amad, Antony and Sancho on the books. Even if we loan out/ sell Sancho next season we won't replace him with Olise.

Surely Amad is going nowhere after finally getting a run of games and ending the season in style. I wouldn't let him go to fund the Olise signing.

We're pushing for a 40m fee for Sancho. Let's say we get 35m for him + other sales in midfield, then there's definitely room for Olise in the squad. I'd happily sell Antony for a few mil as well but I think we're stuck with him unfortunately.

Surely Amad is going nowhere after finally getting a run of games and ending the season in style. I wouldn't let him go to fund the Olise signing.

We're pushing for a 40m fee for Sancho. Let's say we get 35m for him + other sales in midfield, then there's definitely room for Olise in the squad. I'd happily sell Antony for a few mil as well but I think we're stuck with him unfortunately.

I definitely don't want Amad to leave, but who knows? Maybe he wants a guaranteed starting spot.
We need to sell in order to get new players in and it looks like Chelsea are in advanced talks with Olise. There is no time to strike a deal I feel.

Why wouldn’t we? That’s an absolutely hideous group of wingers for a CL aspiring club.

There is no doubt we’re interested in this fella and so we should as he’s quality. But given we have other priorities, unless we sell Sancho and Antony, which we should, I don’t see us getting Olise. Why oh why he’d want to go to probably the only bigger circus in this country than us though is beyond me, he’ll be wasted there

Shift Sancho ASAP then I think this has legs - otherwise Olise will be going to Chelsea and Sancho will be loaned out....

Yes. Which would explain why Chelsea are in talks with them. If they would just trigger the release clause they would have to pay in full, but wouldn't have to talk to Crystal Palace.
Yes which is why you see stories of Chelsea talking to Palace. Paying above the release clause to get a more favourable payment structure is what they’re after. How far above the clause they have to go to make it enticing for Palace to forego the upfront payment is the question. It does mean United can at any point storm in and pay the release clause and get Olise.
Thanks, the tweet reads as if Chelsea only want to pay the amount of his release clause. I didn't know they're negotiating to pay more

Thanks, the tweet reads as if Chelsea only want to pay the amount of his release clause. I didn't know they're negotiating to pay more

The tweet is most likely made up nonsense to be fair.

Shift Sancho ASAP then I think this has legs - otherwise Olise will be going to Chelsea and Sancho will be loaned out....

Sancho doesn't leave anytime soon. Realistically, there's probably only one-buyer for him and they're in no rush to buy - especially with ETH still here.

Sancho having to be sold so Olise can be bought is actually so annoying. Sancho has the talent to be just as good or even better than Olise.
I'm not sure who it was... maybe @golden_blunder ? Didn't we talk about how well Sancho could fit Crystal Palace? Maybe some kind of swap deal could be made...

I'm not sure who it was... maybe @golden_blunder ? Didn't we talk about how well Sancho could fit Crystal Palace? Maybe some kind of swap deal could be made...

I dont think that is financially viable at all though. The whole Sancho saga sucks. He seems like a nice person and i think he is very talented. It just sucks he cant get out of bed or say sorry. I do like Olise but in a perfect world Sancho would just 'work out' instead.

Chelsea will end up getting now if that is true about discussions starting over the method of payment. One thing about them is they move bloody quick when they are interested like that.

Everything around the manager cannot be helping with our summer transfer targets.

One target we’ve lost out to. Chelsea and many other clubs are a lot lot quicker than us when signing players. We have to discuss about 1million things before signing someone.

Chelsea will end up getting now if that is true about discussions starting over the method of payment. One thing about them is they move bloody quick when they are interested like that.

Everything around the manager cannot be helping with our summer transfer targets.

The thing is none of the reputable journalists have said anything about Olise to Chelsea. Ornstien only went as far as saying Chelsea are interested, which is obvious. All the other noise is just rehashing the stuff from last summer where Olise did indeed agree personal terms.

The thing none of the reputable journalists have said anything about Olise to Chelsea. Ornstien only went as far as saying Chelsea are interested, which is obvious. All the other noise is just rehashing the stuff from last summer where Olise did indeed agree personal terms.

I actually went back and checked the two above tweets and mixed up who was reporting what, thinking Romano tweeted about the pay structure (not realising that it was actually Give Me Sport). But good point, suppose until someone more reputable says anything nowt can be drawn from what has been said so far.

I'd be gutted if Chelsea hoover him up. Just such a waste.
Why? I think both United & Chelsea have same ambitions and are aiming to buy the quality players to fulfil them. If he ain't gonna end up good enough for Chelsea, then he might not end up to be good enough to elevate us. Seeing both us & Chelsea squads atm, if he is good enough as people say he is, he would end up be a starter for both of us.

One target we’ve lost out to. Chelsea and many other clubs are a lot lot quicker than us when signing players. We have to discuss about 1million things before signing someone.

Make that potentially 2, as somebody posted a report here from The Atletic that we've made an 11th-hour bid for Tosin.

Status
Not open for further replies.