Michael Olise

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Is he similar to say ... Mahrez?
No I don't think he's a one-on-one type of winger. He's a good dribbler, silky and great creator but his vision and passing range are his biggest assets.

I think Mata with much more speed and more strength may be the best example I can give?

In terms of style he's more young Beckham than young Giggs. I don't think this is a bad thing either, we need players actually good at retaining the ball.

Last edited:

The Irish Connection

No I don't think he's a one-on-one type of winger. He's a good dribbler, silky and great creator but his vision and passing range are his biggest assets.

I think Mata with speed and a bit more strength may be the best example I can give?

In terms of style he's more young Beckham than young Giggs. I don't think this is a bad thing either, we need players actually good at retaining the ball.
I don’t think that’s true.
I only watched the 2nd half yesterday and he came off around the hour mark but in that time he beat his fullback both inside and outside.
He’s a bit of an all rounder.

BristolMick

Totally agree, Olise ticks homegrown, PL proven, man united fan and is seriously creative if I had a wish I’d take him and his mate EZE as a package deal and get rid of Mount and Antony. If we could get £70m for those two and pay £50m more that’s good business.
I'd happily do a straight swap for Olise and Eze with Antony and Mount. I've been a big admirer of Eze for years and despite a few lengthy injuries he continues to be a talisman for Palace. One of the most underrated players in the Premier league for me.
Olise I've not had as much chance to watch but in football manager the man's a beast and football manager is never wrong.

AWB could also be an option for a trade deal too as I'm sure Palace would have him back in a heartbeat. I am an AWB fan boy though so would rather get rid of Antony and Mount over him.

Get him signed up. Like someone else said he ticks so many boxes in terms of being home grown, young, man utd fan and he isn't a one dimensional one trick pony like Rashford either. He's got different gears to his game and can create goals from nothing.

Teja

I'd happily do a straight swap for Olise and Eze with Antony and Mount. I've been a big admirer of Eze for years and despite a few lengthy injuries he continues to be a talisman for Palace. One of the most underrated players in the Premier league for me.
I feel Eze has a bit of a star man syndrome and the body language isn't great if things don't go his way. Olise I'm all for, he's great.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Fascinated to see what United have planned for the summer transfer window.

Last edited:

Redstain

Could be wrong but Nico just looks like another Rahsford kick-and-run type. I'd say we should be looking more towards players who are able to mix it up a bit - some pace and trickery, good crossing technique and the ability to play in tight spaces. Again, I may be wrong, but I have followed Olise since he was in the Championship and he looks a much better player to me.
I agree the overall disproval of Olise is somewhat odd he's a prem proven talent and one of the best in his position in the league, I cannot understand the infatuation of Williams he shows versatility but hard to really assess what he offers outside offering speed on the flanks.

Olise is statistically more productive (in comparison) with 9 fewer games played. He's a creative winger which is exactly what the club needs as Hojlund is getting no service as neither Antony or Garnacho are competent crossing accurately onto runs. Palace also play somewhat restrictively in a low block so he would likely come of age in a role where he's given more impetus to attack frequently.

I think he's a more important player to Palace than Eze. If i recall their form fell apart when he was absent through injury. Williams is too much of a profile similar to Garnacho.

Olise is a much better player that goes without saying. Don't obsess over video game criteria watch both over a 90 min period, Olise is a level apart.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Arguably best player in the league on current form. Still hasnt played a lot this season so might dip before the end

Redstain

Arguably best player in the league on current form. Still hasnt played a lot this season so might dip before the end

He's a potentially world class player depending on where he moves after Palace. Seeing Nico preferred over him is borderline ridiculous.

Hammondo

Are you suggesting theres somewhere that people arent impressed by 5 goals and 3 assists in 5 premier league games?
How often do players have a good patch but then do nothing? Remember the threat about Mitoma at the start of the season? Yea you should not jsut be impressed by that, for good reason.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

He went off injured, so it's more if he can even make the end of the season at this rate.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Definitely prefer Olise. Nico in this video is basically Garnacho but then again I haven’t really watched him

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d prefer Olise to Williams, but might just prefer Neto to Olise.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I’d prefer Olise to Williams, but might just prefer Neto to Olise.
I think Neto would be fantastic if we could have more faith in his fitness. Same goes for Olise at the moment though. If we're going to be a transition side, Neto is much better suited.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Definitely prefer Olise. Nico in this video is basically Garnacho but then again I haven’t really watched him
I like Nico's intensity, just like Garnacho's. But Olise looked more polished with his vision and passing, and of course, that PL experience.

Would be nice if we're back stacking up wingers again. Just like in the past, we had Young, Giggs*, Nani, Valencia, and Park all in 2011/12 season.

United888

Not afraid to cross with his right foot. (also good skills and pass from eze).

aeh1991

I'd take Olise over Neto or Williams, as he's EPL proven and not as injury prone as Neto. The idea of having him on the right is very exciting. He might fancy the idea of becoming a Three Lions player when he becomes a United regular.

JohnnyLaw

I'd take Olise over Neto or Williams, as he's EPL proven and not as injury prone as Neto. The idea of having him on the right is very exciting. He might fancy the idea of becoming a Three Lions player when he becomes a United regular.
I’d probably go with Bakayoko over all.

He’s most likely the cheapest option and possesses strenghts of all the others. He’s creative left-footer like Olise but also fast and ambidextrous like Williams whilst also being probably the best dribbler out of the four.

Neto seems to be absolutely blowing up this season but I would not be able to look past his injuries at this point.

The big caveat with Bakayoko is that he’s plying his trade in the eredivisie, but there’s no doubt that he’s a player on the up.

RedRover

I’d probably go with Bakayoko over all.

He’s most likely the cheapest option and possesses strenghts of all the others. He’s creative left-footer like Olise but also fast and ambidextrous like Williams whilst also being probably the best dribbler out of the four.

Neto seems to be absolutely blowing up this season but I would not be able to look past his injuries at this point.

The big caveat with Bakayoko is that he’s plying his trade in the eredivisie, but there’s no doubt that he’s a player on the up.
Can't compare any player in the Dutch league to a player impressing in the PL.

Olise is definitely a player we should be looking at, although I suspect all of the top 6 clubs are. Along with Eze.

JohnnyLaw

Can't compare any player in the Dutch league to a player impressing in the PL.

Olise is definitely a player we should be looking at, although I suspect all of the top 6 clubs are. Along with Eze.
I definitely wouldn’t turn my nose up at Olise. I’d be very happy with him or Bakayoko. I think Bakayoko could prove to be the better player eventually but at this point I’ll admit that Olise is the more sensible target where I see Bakayoko as a higher risk/reward target.

I really don’t think he’ll struggle the way Antony has struggled so far. Bakayoko looks like Doku but with consistant g/a contributions.

RedRover

I definitely wouldn’t turn my nose up at Olise. I’d be very happy with him or Bakayoko. I think Bakayoko could prove to be the better player eventually but at this point I’ll admit that Olise is the more sensible target where I see Bakayoko as a higher risk/reward target.

I really don’t think he’ll struggle the way Antony has struggled so far. Bakayoko looks like Doku but with consistant g/a contributions.
Each to their own, and maybe he'll develop into a decent player, but the Dutch league is nowhere near the PL in terms of quality and I'd steer clear.

We need quality, not more potential from average leagues.

Ekeke

I think Olise will be competing with Foden, Saka and Cole Palmer as the 'Salah type' left footed attacker threat in the premier league in the next few years.

Those 4 but obviously 3 of them would be very hard to get from rival clubs. Olise is the one who will be available

lysglimt

Scout
Neto is a playing I would stay clear off - not because I dont like him - but because he is injured a lot and because his record in front of goal is very poor. He has scored something like 10 P.L goals in over 100 matches - thats just not good enough.I would much rather have Olise than Neto.

Ekeke

Neto is a playing I would stay clear off - not because I dont like him - but because he is injured a lot and because his record in front of goal is very poor. He has scored something like 10 P.L goals in over 100 matches - thats just not good enough.I would much rather have Olise than Neto.
I like Neto but I think he's in the next tier from the players I mentioned.

The tier that Amad could hopefully emulate if he's given the chance to play, or the one Antony could be in if he turns it around and finds good end product but one hes not currently on trajectory to be in

cyberman

Gotta say, I like what I see from him. I think his ball carrying style would really compliment Mainoo and it’s something we could build around.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Olise is awesome but I don't really see how and why we would sign him. He'd be behind Garnacho, Rashford and Antony, would basically take Amad's place and Amad does not play.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Olise is awesome but I don't really see how and why we would sign him. He'd be behind Garnacho, Rashford and Antony, would basically take Amad's place and Amad does not play.
He'd be ahead of Antony. And having 3 top wingers is a good thing.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Well I mean one of those would go, the hope I guess would be that that would be Antony. 4 quality players for those 2 wide forward roles is quite plausible, no?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Well I mean one of those would go, the hope I guess would be that that would be Antony. 4 quality players for those 2 wide forward roles is quite plausible, no?
ETH will never let Antony go. He may relegate him to the bench and play him less but he's going to be around and will get significant minutes still, just as Rashford and Garnacho will.

I don't think we will have enough games next year, likely with no European football or only second rate European competition to contend for, to really offer enough minutes to our 4th choice winger that is at the stage of his career where he can't really accept a deep bench role.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I’d argue none of them are top wingers and that’s our problem.
Depends which Rashford we get to be fair, but he's capable of being a great player. If we get this years version then you're right and he's rather shite.

Garnacho is very inconsistent but definitely has potential to be a top player, he's still only 19.

I think Olise would be a brilliant signing and miles ahead of Antony at the very least.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think he'd be an automatic starter. I'd actually go so far as to say we should be looking at two wingers in summer, a right and a left winger.