Michael Olise

davidmichael

That left wing is still a big hole for me, I don't think we can come away from summer without signing one. Rashford's too inconsistent, plus his attitude stinks, and Garnacho, so far, looks far better on the right.
Much like how we tried Garnacho on the right we could try Diallo on the left then you’d have Rashford, Garnacho and Diallo as left sided options and hypothetically Garnacho, Olise, Antony and Diallo on the right.

I think it’s equally important to have Shaw or another quality left back on the left as our play is so different when we have right footed players at left back, Dalot is ok at best but Lindelof is fecking shocking so if Malacia is injury prone another left back or keeping Fernandez or promoting Amass is a must.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Much like how we tried Garnacho on the right we could try Diallo on the left then you’d have Rashford, Garnacho and Diallo as left sided options and hypothetically Garnacho, Olise, Antony and Diallo on the right.

I think it’s equally important to have Shaw or another quality left back on the left as our play is so different when we have right footed players at left back, Dalot is ok at best but Lindelof is fecking shocking so if Malacia is injury prone another left back or keeping Fernandez or promoting Amass is a must.
He’s 16, let’s not get carried away

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This suddenly is no longer a priority position for us. We could have Garnacho and Amad compete for the right side and sell Sancho, Antony, Pellistri and Greenwood.
Id still sign Olisse. Gives us an option to play Garnacho on the left when needed and he can cover the right when Olisse gets injured. If we’re planning on playing Garnacho on the right permanently then we defo need a LW, we’ll be left with just Rashford.

van Nistelrooy

As for Olise, it's only this season he's suffered with injuries and if he had a more responsible Manager then he'd be playing right now. I don't think it's a concern, it's not like he's got a history of niggles or injuries.
To be fair, Mount only had a significant injury in the 18/19 season at Derby where he missed a few months. Then it wasn't until last season at Chelsea where the real injury problems set in.

I expect there won't be the luxury of waiting around till next January or the following summer to sign Olise with other clubs sniffing. We should tread carefully and consider other targets.

Remember the geese

Id still sign Olisse. Gives us an option to play Garnacho on the left when needed and he can cover the right when Olisse gets injured. If we’re planning on playing Garnacho on the right permanently then we defo need a LW, we’ll be left with just Rashford.
I'd only entertain the idea of signing Olise if we were selling Amad on top of the other wide players who should be sold. Even then, it could be an awkward fit because both Olise and Garnacho will expect to start every week. Garnacho could start on the left and Olise on the right of course, but what of Rashford? Obviously it's good to have options and it works for City, but signing Olise for £50-60m only to be potentially a rotational option, added to his recent injury history, just doesn't appeal to me.

DJ_21

I'd only entertain the idea of signing Olise if we were selling Amad on top of the other wide players who should be sold. Even then, it could be an awkward fit because both Olise and Garnacho will expect to start every week. Garnacho could start on the left and Olise on the right of course, but what of Rashford? Obviously it's good to have options and it works for City, but signing Olise for £50-60m only to be potentially a rotational option, added to his recent injury history, just doesn't appeal to me.
I get what you’re saying. Like you said though having options would be a good thing. With his injury record, we could manage it like we’ve done with Varane. Rotate him and Garnacho or play them both if Rashford is out of form. We’d go from bringing on Antony to bringing on either Olisse or Garnacho. Massive upgrade. I don’t have a clue what’s gonna happen with Amad but I get the feeling ETH isn’t a fan. He’s been on the bench the last few games and hasn’t even been brought on. So he’s either getting sold or loaned out next year. We’d be left with Rashford, Garnacho, Antony and possible Olisse. 2 that are RW, one that’s a LW and one that’s both. That’s 4 players to rotate between 2 positions. Olisse can even play AM think.

DJ_21

Don't really see having Garnacho and Rashford ahead of him as being enticing for him at all
We’re forgetting Garnacho is still only 19. He’ll be inconsistent at times so they’ll be plenty of game time for both players. They’ll push each other to be better. They can even play together when Rashford decides he wants to have a bad patch again. Imagine, Garnacho, Højlund and Olisse as a front 3.

Remember the geese

I get what you’re saying. Like you said though having options would be a good thing. With his injury record, we could manage it like we’ve done with Varane. Rotate him and Garnacho or play them both if Rashford is out of form. We’d go from bringing on Antony to bringing on either Olisse or Garnacho. Massive upgrade. I don’t have a clue what’s gonna happen with Amad but I get the feeling ETH isn’t a fan. He’s been on the bench the last few games and hasn’t even been brought on. So he’s either getting sold or loaned out next year. We’d be left with Rashford, Garnacho, Antony and possible Olisse. 2 that are RW, one that’s a LW and one that’s both. That’s 4 players to rotate between 2 positions. Olisse can even play AM think.
Signing a 22 year old for fairly big money and having to manage his games like Varane, doesn't sound great. Though I do see the value in rotation.

Agreed, I think Amad is in a bit of trouble if ten Hag is here for the long haul. Shame about Antony. I feel that he should be leaving with Sancho, Greenwood and Pellistri. Nice that Olise has that versatility, but you would think that having Mount as an AM and Bruno obviously, would leave Olise pretty far down the pecking order for that role.

Essentially, I think my main issue is that I'd like Garnacho to be a fairly permanent starter, but that would obviously not be to the liking of either Rashford, or in this scenario Olise.

G-manc

I think Olise is a decent enough player, however, given his fitness issues combined with what Palace will likely want as a transfer fee, I don’t see how not makes sense given our likely limited budget.

Remember the geese

I think Olise is a decent enough player, however, given his fitness issues combined with what Palace will likely want as a transfer fee, I don’t see how not makes sense given our likely limited budget.
I don't our budget is particularly limited. I think we will spend a fair bit. Agree with the concerns over this particular transfer though.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
To be fair, Mount only had a significant injury in the 18/19 season at Derby where he missed a few months. Then it wasn't until last season at Chelsea where the real injury problems set in.

I expect there won't be the luxury of waiting around till next January or the following summer to sign Olise with other clubs sniffing. We should tread carefully and consider other targets.
We can basically dismiss any player as a transfer target then who has had a hamstring injury then. Or any kind of injury that's ruled them out for a few months despite their previous clean bill of health in previous years. That'll narrow down the list somewhat.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yeah the injury history is the scary part. If he was always fit I think he’d be a great option. But for now I’d prefer someone a bit more consistently fit considering how thin our frontline is already and the question marks around Rashford

G-manc

I don't our budget is particularly limited. I think we will spend a fair bit. Agree with the concerns over this particular transfer though.
My understanding is that we are hamstrung by FFP and we are still outsiders for CL football. Plus we have no real sellable assets outside of maybe Greenwood.

Remember the geese

My understanding is that we are hamstrung by FFP and we are still outsiders for CL football. Plus we have no real sellable assets outside of maybe Greenwood.
Contrasting reports because I've seen that FFP won't be an issue for us this summer, even if we do miss out on Champions League. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

BoulderDevil

This guy is mid. We need to replace Antony but don’t seem him being the answer.

daba

Contrasting reports because I've seen that FFP won't be an issue for us this summer, even if we do miss out on Champions League. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Yeah I’m absolutely certain we’ll be spending our usual £250m this summer, as aren’t the rules around FFP changing and we’ve also got some lea-way due to INEOS investment.

Don’t understand all the doom and gloom merchants constantly saying we won’t have a penny to spend and have no sellable assets. We have a bloated squad and could/should probably sell/release about 10 players this summer, receiving about £125-150m in the process with massive wage reductions in the process.

croadyman

Who is better player out of him and Neto,maybe I should put it another way which of them is more likely to stay fit across the season

aeh1991

As a player, I really like him. But his injury record is a dark orange flag for me.

dubplate warrior

See a lot of people mentioning Nico Williams, is he a player who is very direct and has goals on his mind before anything else ala Rashford or is he someone who plays for the team?

Reason I like the idea of Olise so much is he would be such an asset for any striker we have.

LuckyScout78

I am on Pedro Neto train.

I was really impressed by Neto in his first days. And still he hasn't change my mind. A really consistent player Neto

Pedro Neto remind me of Harry Kewell. Really quick and skill ful left foot player.

United have a really good and skill ful upcoming RW in Shea Lacey 16 from the academy.

Shea Lacey and Neto. Plus Diallo as United RW options for me.

I am afraid Olise is a mood player. I maybe wrong. Consistent mood and performance is what it needed. Nobody will change your confidence mentality. Self belief, not cooky.

Trex

The injuries are a concern but it would be very good to have someone on the wing who is not a pace merchant, Rashford and Garnacho are good players but as a duo alongside Bruno and Hojlund it's just way too direct.
He will bring composure, the ability to play in tight spaces, ball retention and ball carrying skills. An extra link between midfield and attack and some calmness and playmaking. The likes of Arsenal and City have players like Saka, Grealish, B Silva. We need this sort of player to be able to control possession and not play football on one pace.

LuckyScout78

Fully fit and lesser injury. The goals and assist he has in 8/9 is really really high.

It's no doubt about his skill and speed with it. He has both the speed and skill.

But so often injury. Then i have my worries. Peoples start to state "you make your own luck ". Like Ten Hag.

I was on Pedro Neto train in my last post. But since then i think Dani Olmo can do a really good job as RW too. On a conistent level.

Dani Olmo - Bruno - Mainoo - Mount - Rashford + Højlund

+ Dani Olmo = 26 years of age
+ In United academy : Shea Lacey 16 years of age. Until he is ready for first team. Then you move Dani Olm in as LCM or RCM

I think has Olmo, Garnacho, Lacey and Diallo will be fine. Dani Olmo is really versatile. Dani Olmo has a lot more speed then Bruno as RW.

Dani Olmo suit and has the skill and speed to play as RW. Not Bruno. Bruno doesn't have the pace and acceleration to play as RW. And reasons why Garnacho suit RW and not Bruno.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Fully fit and lesser injury. The goals and assist he has in 8/9 is really really high.

It's no doubt about his skill and speed with it. He has both the speed and skill.

But so often injury. Then i have my worries. Peoples start to state "you make your own luck ". Like Ten Hag.

I was on Pedro Neto train in my last post. But since then i think Dani Olmo can do a really good job as RW too. On a conistent level.

Dani Olmo - Bruno - Mainoo - Mount - Rashford + Højlund

+ Dani Olmo = 26 years of age
+ In United academy : Shea Lacey 16 years of age. Until he is ready for first team. Then you move Dani Olm in as LCM or RCM

I think has Olmo, Garnacho, Lacey and Diallo will be fine. Dani Olmo is really versatile. Dani Olmo has a lot more speed then Bruno as RW.

Dani Olmo suit and has the skill and speed to play as RW. Not Bruno. Bruno doesn't have the pace and acceleration to play as RW. And reasons why Garnacho suit RW and not Bruno.
good post

Truth be told any two of Olmo, N. Williams, Kubo and Neto would significantly improve our wings. Because they are 8/10 types and can operates equally on either wing

aeh1991

Dani Olmo, Pedro Neto, Olise all are really good players. But they have concerning injury records. I'd rather prefer to go safe and buy Nico Williams, while trusting Amad to step up. But if I'd have to sing anyone of the three above, I'd prefer Neto.

AlexUTD

I am on Pedro Neto train.

I was really impressed by Neto in his first days. And still he hasn't change my mind. A really consistent player Neto

Pedro Neto remind me of Harry Kewell. Really quick and skill ful left foot player.

United have a really good and skill ful upcoming RW in Shea Lacey 16 from the academy.

Shea Lacey and Neto. Plus Diallo as United RW options for me.

I am afraid Olise is a mood player. I maybe wrong. Consistent mood and performance is what it needed. Nobody will change your confidence mentality. Self belief, not cooky.
Neto looks great mate and this year he has been consistent also, wich means he has evolved as a player.

daba

Dani Olmo, Pedro Neto, Olise all are really good players. But they have concerning injury records. I'd rather prefer to go safe and buy Nico Williams, while trusting Amad to step up. But if I'd have to sing anyone of the three above, I'd prefer Neto.
For me, I’d prefer we go for a cheaper, high potential option like Roony Bardghji for £15m.

Rashford
Garnacho
Amad
+ Bardghji
+ new versatile CF who backs up Højlund too
+ Mount/Bruno/academy as emergency options

I think this will be enough for next season as we rebuild. I think Rashford could improve again and Garnacho will take another big step forward as our out and out starters.

If Rashford gets poached though I think one of Nico Williams, Leao, Kvara or Rodrygo (if available) should be signed. I personally don’t like the idea of risking Olise or Neto or even Mitoma now given their injury issues. Can’t be having another Mount or Martial situation.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I see a couple of 100m names being chucked in the equation. Not gonna happen. INEOS will be looking to make sensible signings to spread the budget, perhaps in 2-3 seasons they may want to add a marquee player but for now they want to build a strong base to build from

Darlington Padgett

Palace will probably want something between 60-80 million for him, if that's the case I don't think we're in a position to take that risk.

Woziak

Palace will probably want something between 60-80 million for him, if that's the case I don't think we're in a position to take that risk.
He has a strongly rumoured buy out clause from £50-55m, more and more of these are put in contracts nowadays.