monza f1 GP

EZee

kin hell last 5 laps... 0.5 a second in it and coming up to backmarkers...

I aint seen a race this good for years

EZee

miley_bob said:
fecking amazing race, would ahve been evne better if raikonnens car didnt bugger up.
and if it was still on BBC...

cutting to adverts with 3 laps left... I swear I could have fecking killed somebody

nav113

'kin covering the starter lights, cutting to pictures of the crowd when there was action on track, an advert 2 laps from the end... :mad:

Today was a bad for ITV

Forza Viola

I think that is being a bit hasty. Considering the extra problems facing him this season I don't think you can justify that claim based on today. Would the Schumacher of old have done any better with the knackered tyres, higher front wing and probably limited revs on the engine? To me Schumacher proved he is still as good as ever with his performance today. He was simply electric today and would have walked it but for the cockup in qualifying. If the new Ferrari can find some reliability he'll be in the Championship hunt in a few races.

What is going on at Williams? I thought they were looking pretty good in the winter, and Webber has always seemed able to get every last second out of his previous cars, but they seem to be going backwards rapidly. To both finish the race but fail to get a single point (before Ralf's penalty anyway) has to be a huge worry.

Good to see Wurz back on the track. For me he was always way better than Fisichella when they were driving together and he is very unlucky to have lost his drive while Fisichella has ended up with one of the best cars in F1.

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
Forza Viola said:
I think that is being a bit hasty. Considering the extra problems facing him this season I don't think you can justify that claim based on today. Would the Schumacher of old have done any better with the knackered tyres, higher front wing and probably limited revs on the engine? To me Schumacher proved he is still as good as ever with his performance today. He was simply electric today and would have walked it but for the cockup in qualifying. If the new Ferrari can find some reliability he'll be in the Championship hunt in a few races.
He's not past it, and may still be a force this season - but he was miles quicker than Alonso until he caught him, 1 or 2 seconds a lap! Where did that pace go once he caught him? That's leaving Alonso in the dust! Imola is one of the more overtaking-friendly circuits, he had 9 or 10 laps to pass him. He failed. He was on old tyres, so was Alonso, Alonso also had a 'tired' engine, Mick had a 'fresh' one. The strategy played into Micks hands, he was sensational in making up the places to 3rd or 2nd, they may have been a bit hasty calling the final stop (who knows the facts?), but he held all the cards for the last stint. Basically, he tried to force Alonso into a mistake - and Alonso met him on that challenge. The Mick of old wouldn't have waited...he'd have bullyed him, right to the limits of the sporting regulations. And he would have got past, if it came to it, like Nurburgring 1995.

He's declining, I'm sure of it. He's got enough to still launch a challenge, but there was a chink in the armour exposed today.

Big win for Alonso.

Forza Viola

The old Schumacher would have been a fool then :) Burning your engine and risking everything for a four point swing? Not worth it imo. If it was still an eight point swing then he should have gone for it, but these days it simply isn't worth it. Far better to play percentages and take the two point loss. If the Ferrari had proven a bit more reliable then maybe you could push it, but it has yet to go two full GPs, and Spain isn't exactly a forgiving circuit.

I do think you are underestimating the difference the new higher front wings make when trying to pass. It used to be hard enough when you hit the dirty air, but by all accounts the new rules are making them near impossible when imperfectly balanced, something we know Schumacher's car was before the race even began.