New CEO, Spurs, Transfers, Wigan, AFCON etc - United Hour Podcast

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Nik and Imran are back to discuss United's home draw vs. Spurs, cup win away at Wigan and all the recent going's on behind the scenes at Old Trafford as a new CEO has been appointed.
Then discuss about all the outgoings and wonder if anyone will come in this transfer window.
Ending with some random chat on Newport County, AFCON, FPL.

Check out our Linktree for other listening links, podcast history etc https://linktr.ee/unitedhour

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Top 4 is definitely gone. We don't score enough and too many teams above us.
Probably correct - 5th might be enough though but even that will take a miraculous second half of the season

But thats what Erik needs to do to save his job

phenry

Im expecting a 400m+ contract with the Saudi league. Its practically retirement anyway and a payday that he couldn't refuse

Lyng

Just had time to listen to this episode and have to agree with the takes. Our defending on set pieces is woeful, and I do agree that zonal marking doesnt seem to work. Yes it does work in other teams but the setup seems to confuse our players. Very often players are completely left alone and I wonder if going back to a more old school approach might actually do us good.
Rashford and Højlund where doing better indeed which is also why its so annoying that we now have a new story about Rashford. I know its easy to just accuse the players and they need to be more professional, but there is something odd about a manager who ends up falling out with one player after another.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Just had time to listen to this episode and have to agree with the takes. Our defending on set pieces is woeful, and I do agree that zonal marking doesnt seem to work. Yes it does work in other teams but the setup seems to confuse our players. Very often players are completely left alone and I wonder if going back to a more old school approach might actually do us good.
Rashford and Højlund where doing better indeed which is also why its so annoying that we now have a new story about Rashford. I know its easy to just accuse the players and they need to be more professional, but there is something odd about a manager who ends up falling out with one player after another.
Can't put any blame on the manager for this one, I defend Rashford a lot and thought the fall out when he went out after the derby was OTT but this one is all on him.

And our setpiece woes go back to Ole days, mad that we haven't sorted it out by now. The likes of Maguire and Martinez make a big difference for this.

Lyng

Can't put any blame on the manager for this one, I defend Rashford a lot and thought the fall out when he went out after the derby was OTT but this one is all on him.

And our setpiece woes go back to Ole days, mad that we haven't sorted it out by now. The likes of Maguire and Martinez make a big difference for this.
No I dont really blame him for Rashford doing that. But moreover its weird how we constantly get all these stories, while other clubs rarely get them.

Amir

I'd love for this Rashford and Hojlund partnership to work, but I it would take a lot more than the odd good move to think that it's actually clicking. We already had that in September or October.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I'd love for this Rashford and Hojlund partnership to work, but I it would take a lot more than the odd good move to think that it's actually clicking. We already had that in September or October.
Yes and it was a shame injuries broke that up from progressing

Garnacho and Antony rarely seem to find the right balls for Hojlund - at least there is something to work on and improve between Rashford and Hojlund