New contract for De Laat

oskarutd

Ritchie De Laet has revealed that he has done enough to earn another contract at Manchester United.

The defender was bought from Stoke City on a short-term deal and has now been offered a year's extension at Old Trafford.

Although it was widely reported that the youngster had joined for three years, it is understood that his position was always going to be reviewed at the end of the season.

A regular in the reserves since making the dream switch, the Belgian will continue to ply his trade in Manchester.

"I had a quarter of an hour sitting in Ferguson's office," he told Het Nieuwsblad. "The manager came straight to the point and told me that he was very satisfied.

"That I train hard, am always on time and that I get on well with everyone.

"Also my coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had said that I would receive good news."

De Laet also stressed the great progress he has made since joining United, even though it will be difficult for him to break into the first team.

The former Royal Antwerp defender did not make a single appearance at Stoke, although he can take heart from the fact that Red Devils keeper Ben Foster was also signed after failing to make an appearance with The Potters.

source.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
First team role? Maybe.

I think with this year's near heart-attack at the back, it can never hurt to have too many defenders... now he's had half ay ear under our system and way of play, it doesn't hurt to keep him here a little longer.

And the fact he seems content with Reserve football is a HUGE bonus in such a first-team hungry climate.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Ritchie De Laet has revealed that he has done enough to earn another contract at Manchester United.

The defender was bought from Stoke City on a short-term deal and has now been offered a year's extension at Old Trafford.

Although it was widely reported that the youngster had joined for three years, it is understood that his position was always going to be reviewed at the end of the season.

A regular in the reserves since making the dream switch, the Belgian will continue to ply his trade in Manchester.

"I had a quarter of an hour sitting in Ferguson's office," he told Het Nieuwsblad. "The manager came straight to the point and told me that he was very satisfied.

"That I train hard, am always on time and that I get on well with everyone.

"Also my coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had said that I would receive good news."

De Laet also stressed the great progress he has made since joining United, even though it will be difficult for him to break into the first team.

The former Royal Antwerp defender did not make a single appearance at Stoke, although he can take heart from the fact that Red Devils keeper Ben Foster was also signed after failing to make an appearance with The Potters.

source.
How ironic. Congrats, Ritchie.