New Fantasy Draft: brought to you by Cal? - Round 1 - Match 3

Which team do you think would win Match 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
* The aim of the game is to select a team of 11 players from all the current footballers playing who are born on or after June 25, 1987.
* Players chosen will be judged on their careers so far, everything they have achieved, selection should not be based on how good you think they'd become.
* The poll will last for 24 hours

Match 3 - Minkaro vs IBleedRed

Minkaro

Buffalo United FC managed by IBleedRed

Assistant Manager: DS

Tactics

Experience is going to be the key factor in this match. Minkaro's two most experienced at the top levels are on the flanks so my team will look to find space in the middle of the park. Most of my attackers are extremely versatile and can swap positions when needed to keep Minkaro's relatively less experienced players guessing. Müller will be playing in the position Rooney has been recently for United and and the big presence of Arnautović at the top will give defenders a big headache if the midfield is pressed. Sulejmani and Marin can play out wide or more compact in the middle depending on what is needed even swapping sides if necessary. Thiago and Busquets will control the central midfield with Busquets mostly shielding the back four. The defenders (with the exception of Hummels who enjoys getting forward at times to chip in with a goal) wont need to venture up the field too far due to the firepower already in the attack and can concentrate on keeping Minkaro's offense quiet.
More details of the teams can be found: https://www.redcafe.net/f7/new-fantasy-draft-completed-teams-327994/

MalteseRedDevil

I think the biggest problem for I bleed will be to decide who to take from minkaros team. will probably be the keeper but he is at a disadvantage for the next round i think

Valentino

good luck both lads. but minkaro team looks like a wum LOL

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Had to go for IBleedRed, more experience in the team and has more quality I feel. Minkaro's team definitely has the potential though, unfortuantely thats not being voted on.

Valentino

Had to go for IBleedRed, more experience in the team and has more quality I feel. Minkaro's team definitely has the potential though, unfortuantely thats not being voted on.
The potential you say? Is that Obertan, Sinclair or Chris feckin Wood?:lol:

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Shit, i just voted for Minkaro's team by accident. My bad, is there any chance i can change?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Dan has voted for Minkaro...

Anyway, I thought he started off really well with De Gea and the twins, but some strange choices later... :nervous:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Chris Wood wasn't that awful a choice (okay, not a 4th round choice), how many players have 15 caps at 19yo?

Incidently 3-5 now, perhaps there is a comeback on the way?

Valentino

Chris Wood wasn't that awful a choice (okay, not a 4th round choice), how many players have 15 caps at 19yo?

Incidently 3-5 now, perhaps there is a comeback on the way?
he plays in blue square premier man.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I voted Minkaro. I think he has a more solid defence and a lot of power and pace on the wings (along with the twins at FB supporting) which would cause problems for IBR, whose formation is very narrow. Whilst IBR might have a strong midfield I dont think it would be enough to cause Minkaro's defence and GK major problems, whereas Minkaro's wide men would be able to do some damage against what I regard as a weaker defence.

Minkaro

Yay! Accidental votes!

And I'll remind everyone that Chris Wood scored at the World Cup. I don't think Arnautovic did that, so harrumph.

My bigger regret is actually Obertan. Only picked him because he was the only winger I could think of at the time.

K Stand Knut

Experience in key areas, basically through the spine of the team essentially mean that IBleedRed will dominate this game and probably create enough chances to win the game

Cal?

CR7 fan
Personally I think the biggest problem with Minkaro's side is that by far his best players are the fullbacks and goally, perceived to be the less important area on the pitch.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
sympathy vote for the team with rafael, fabio, cleverly and obertan :devil:

I_live_cement

Cat freak
I see Minkaro went with the tried and tested approach of filling the team with as many United players as possible to gain votes from biased reds.

Well it worked.

Cal?

CR7 fan
IBleedRed with a healthy lead going into the final stretch...

Minkaro

Honestly, my team exceeded my expectations.

I take it IBleedRed will be taking Chris Wood?

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
Hehe yeah ill drop Muller for him ;)

Honestly I cant decide between rafael and de gea

Ill send you a revised 11 before my next match Cal