Next Season

Von Mistelroum

Unfortunately we won't even have this choice. It'll be EtH and his bonkers 'style' next season by the looks of things.

E-mal

I know we have to choose one of this option but I'd rather we dont have this manager if he thinks this football is acceptable at the top level, very naïve

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
I think we'll see substantial changes to the squad next season regardless of who's in charge. INEOS will be more interested in the impact that can have.

You're probably looking at Varane, Williams, Martial and Heaton being released.

Sancho and Greenwood will be sold permanently and there will clearly be a market for them.

Needs to then be long term decisions made over Hannibal, Pellestri and Fernandez. I'd say Pellestri should stay for one more season with the other two being sold.

You'd probably try and bring in some money for Casemiro. Not the end of the world if he stays. His experience would be useful if we have another 60 game+ season.

God knows what you do with Van de Beek.

We could get decent money for McTominay, Maguire and Lindelof but it would require us to bring in at least 2 more players to cover them. Do you keep Evans for another year as 5th choice?

That's probably over 10 players with varying levels of first team experience. That amount of negotiating is time consuming especially when you probably need to bring in at least 6 to replace them.

I think the big questions for INEOS would be if we strengthened in the key areas, would our matches have more control?

Would a stronger and younger defensive midfielder help us get more out of Fernandes and Mainoo?

Would a back up striker take some of the pressure off Hojlund, allowing us to maybe not rush him back all the time?

Would having a stable defence that aren't all made of glass allow to hold onto leads?

These are all big questions. I'd argue that Ten Hag should probably stay for another season unless they have a manager lined up that isn't Southgate.

I'd also say that if they're confident that the recruitment will be good, he'll stay. If they're looking at keeping a higher % of the squad staying, I think they'll move him on.