NFL 2024 | Draft Day

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Not too surprising when Detroit has a population nearly 3x the size of Nashville. Saw it confirmed at 275k in Detroit yesterday compared to 200k in Nashville that first day and 600k over three days.

Nashville metro 2019 - 1.224m
Detroit metro 2024 - 3.528m
Yeah with Ann Arbor and Windsor that's often counted as part of it too it's roughly 5.5-6 million. Still weird it doesn't have a pro footie team. Especially with as rabid as Detroit fans are for Detroit FC (or any sport really) which is semi pro and really kind of a cool story. Heck it was in MI United broke their attendance record against Real.

Green Bay will have a tough act to follow after Nashville, KC and Detroit.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Don’t really like what the Packers did this night. Drafting two off ball linebackers while we already have Walker on the roster seems excessive to me.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Don’t really like what the Packers did this night. Drafting two off ball linebackers while we already have Walker on the roster seems excessive to me.
Switch of schemes necessitated at least one more, Cooper was probably enough for day 2 though.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Switch of schemes necessitated at least one more, Cooper was probably enough for day 2 though.
Yeah, I don’t mind adding new linebackers in general. But we have now drafted linebackers in the first round (Walker) and now one in the second and the third round within only a few years. For a position that doesn’t carry the highest positional value, that’s a lot.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Rams landing Kam Kinchens at the end of round three is a steal. He was regarded as one of the top safeties in the nation a couple of years ago and was a big INT threat despite playing for a terrible team.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Javon Baker has been one of my draft crushes - happy with that

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Jaylen Wright to Miami, that is sexxxxxyyyy.

Also haven’t been following this thread but did we miss anything with Troy Franklin? 4th round seems super late.

JJ12

Also haven’t been following this thread but did we miss anything with Troy Franklin? 4th round seems super late.
Size and all over the shop in the gauntlet drill is all I've seen :lol:

JJ12

Why is it that decent rookie fantasy Running Backs always seem to go to teams with solid #1 in place already man

whitbyviking

Officially baffled with the Niners draft now. Individually the players aren’t bad but we now have 5 receivers despite a clear need for offensive line. We also traded two 5th rounders to move up into the end of the 4th for a running back, despite having McCaffrey, Mason who we never use and Mitchell who is a RB1 when fit. We also use Deebo as a wide back.

The offensive line is poor and only avoids being utterly shoite due to Trent Williams, who probably retires after this year.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

That's perfect for Wright.

An outlier of BMI even more than Devonta Smith and supposedly character/didn't interview well.

Dang...Estime was my sleeper; good for my Broncos, not as much for fantasy.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Size and all over the shop in the gauntlet drill is all I've seen :lol:
A piss poor drill in the combine ain't gonna drop Franklin's stock by that much when his college game tape is borderline 1st round worthy. I'm assuming it was either bad medicals, character concerns or poor interviews.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah the BMI / weight thing is overrated in today’s NFL, just look at Tank, Devonta, Worthy being a 1st rounder. Really only Tutu Atwell is a miss at that size and even him has had some moments.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Why is it that decent rookie fantasy Running Backs always seem to go to teams with solid #1 in place already man
Just not the year for RBs this year, next year looks sexy though.

Corum is a damn shame but he might shine if Kyren misses time, McVay loves himself a workhorse RB1.

Isaiah Davis and Braelon Allen to the Jets behind Breece also sucks. Bucky Irving behind White too, and the fecking Cowboys not even drafting one as well :lol: Jerry doesn’t dare anymore after the Zeke thing.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I always laugh when they cut to Jerry and his stooges. Their draft room looks ridiculously formal and the sort of place where you'd get fired for standing up at the wrong time.

whitbyviking

Corum is a damn shame but he might shine if Kyren misses time, McVay loves himself a workhorse RB1.

Isaiah Davis and Braelon Allen to the Jets behind Breece also sucks. Bucky Irving behind White too, and the fecking Cowboys not even drafting one as well :lol: Jerry doesn’t dare anymore after the Zeke thing.
Niners got themselves a 6ft 225lb RB with a 4:33 40yd dash. Looks fake on the clips I’ve seen :lol:

JJ12

I was shocked the Cowboys didn't take a running back.

Jaylen Wright to Dolphins sounds great on the surface until you remember Moestert and Achane are already there.

Jonathon Brooks Im pretty confident will start early but have they done enough to rebuild their horrendous O-line.

Only have to wait another half a year to find out.

And I was hoping to take a late round flyer on somebody now sitting behind Elijah Mitchell and McCaffrey.

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I always laugh when they cut to Jerry and his stooges. Their draft room looks ridiculously formal and the sort of place where you'd get fired for standing up at the wrong time.
I was telling a two of my fellow Cowboys fans that their war-room comes off as scripted, the constant over the top congratulating after each selection as if they've pulled yet another one on all the other organizations. If you want an insight to Jerry's mindset, check out the video I posted on the previous page. https://www.redcafe.net/threads/nfl-2024-draft-day.481492/post-31875953

whitbyviking

I was shocked the Cowboys didn't take a running back.

Jaylen Wright to Dolphins sounds great on the surface until you remember Moestert and Achane are already there.

Jonathon Brooks Im pretty confident will start early but have they done enough to rebuild their horrendous O-line.

Only have to wait another half a year to find out.

And I was hoping to take a late round flyer on somebody now sitting behind Elijah Mitchell and McCaffrey.
Think they could trade Mitchell