NFL 2024 | Draft Day

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.

Why not? Doubt he'll be a WR but could be a handy RB. Also we're a team that likes to script RB receiving plays so he'll get a chance to develop his catching. Although being realistic, we'll probably end up cutting him.
Not sure what his hands are like, but based purely on his build (6'3" and 194 lbs) makes me think he's more likely to be a WR than a RB

whitbyviking

I was wondering if the new kickoff rule lends itself to rugby players moving over. Relatively straightforward catch and then someone who can run and basically smash. Seems tailor made for rugby league players.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Not sure what his hands are like, but based purely on his build (6'3" and 194 lbs) makes me think he's more likely to be a WR than a RB
Fair. I assumed that he would be playing as a RB because a lot of the skills he would have from playing in the backline like breaking tackles, juking past players and tackling for the QB translate to playing in the NFL as a RB. If he wants to be a WR then he's got to pretty much start over because running routes, getting separation from DBs and catching forward passes at speed just isn't something he'd ever done before, and I imagine it's really difficult to pick up.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I was wondering if the new kickoff rule lends itself to rugby players moving over. Relatively straightforward catch and then someone who can run and basically smash. Seems tailor made for rugby league players.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Fair. I assumed that he would be playing as a RB because a lot of the skills he would have from playing in the backline like breaking tackles, juking past players and tackling for the QB translate to playing in the NFL as a RB. If he wants to be a WR then he's got to pretty much start over because running routes, getting separation from DBs and catching forward passes at speed just isn't something he'd ever done before, and I imagine it's really difficult to pick up.
I'm often impressed by open field tackling in the NFL and wondered how it stacks up to rugby.

I'd really love to see a top tier winger against the NFL's best tacklers.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Added

At least you got to enjoy a couple of Bowls before it all went downhill
I've actually got high, we'll not quite high, medium, well maybe not medium, but some hopes for the future, now that Snyder's gone.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Washington's soon to be QB: Jayden Daniels

Arfhnnmdjlkkxvvbbfdcbb gjhf * chunders everywhaare *

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
But first, a shout out to all our resident members who make each NFL season even more memorable.

List of members and their teams

Arizona Cardinals: @V.O.
Atlanta Falcons: @Evans999
Baltimore Ravens: @arnie_ni
Buffalo Bills: @Swarm
Chicago Bears: @Loon
Dallas Cowboys: @MrMarcello @Carl @entropy @lsd
Denver Broncos: @Rado_N @Organic Potatoes @Carolina Red @Dan_F
Detroit Lions: @Eboue
Eric Bieniemy: @Andrade
Green Bay Packers: @altodevil @HTG @Sylar @Speedy30 @Jack-C20
Kansas City Chiefs: @P-Ro @Oldyella
Las Vegas Raiders: @backofthenet @DannyCAFC
Los Angeles Chargers: @Man of Leisure
Los Angeles Rams: @Meller @Gavinb33
Miami Dolphins: @Tom Van Persie
Minnesota Vikings: @JPRouve @GlasgowRedz
New England Patriots: @RoadTrip @JJ12 @roseguy64 @hellhunter
New Orleans Saints: @WeePat @RobinLFC
New York Giants: @adexkola
New York Jets: @mav_9me (sympathiser) @Murder on Zidane's Floor @unchanged_lineup
Philadelphia Eagles: @Ayush_reddevil @OnlyTwoDaSilvas @Sandyman @Chip
Pittsburgh Steelers: @RedDevilRoshi
San Francisco 49ers: @whitbyviking @Charlie Foley @Desert Eagle @Rolandofgilead @dpansheth @swooshboy
Seattle Seahawks: @Hephaestus
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: @calodo2003
Washington Commanders: @MarylandMUFan @Ollie Derbyshire @charlton66
No team: @Raoul @Duafc @SirAnderson
All over the place: @Scarlett Dracarys
Unsure: @edcunited1878

This list is from last year's thread. If there are any additions or changes to be made, please let me know.
Add me to the Broncos

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Officially listed as a RB by KC. Makes sense as like you mentioned WR is more difficult to pick up than you’d think; maybe why there’s not as strong a correlation from athletic testing to WR success as prospects. *edit: still an extreme BMI outlier at RB if those measurements are correct.

Andy is one guy I’d trust to find a way to use him.

Last edited:

Hoof the ball

Officially listed as a RB by KC. Makes sense as like you mentioned WR is more difficult to pick up than you’d think; maybe why there’s not as strong a correlation from athletic testing to WR success as prospects. *edit: still an extreme BMI outlier at RB if those measurements are correct.

Andy is one guy I’d trust to find a way to use him.
Looked very good in his 1-on-1 vs NFL DB's

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/htt4Gvmk20Q

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Rashee Rice - fecking moron. He's done a runner after being involved in a major car accident in Dallas.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...-in-connection-with-major-accident-in-dallas/

Kansas City Chiefs’ Rashee Rice suspected in connection with major accident in Dallas

A car registered to Rashee Rice was involved in a crash on North Central Expressway, law enforcement officials said.

Police are looking for Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice in connection with a major accident Saturday evening in northeast Dallas, law enforcement officials confirmed to The Dallas Morning News.

A vehicle registered to Rice was involved in a crash on North Central Expressway about 6:20 p.m., officials told The News. The law enforcement officials said that police are looking for Rice, and a police call sheet obtained by The News confirmed that law enforcement officials were searching for him in connection with the accident.

His alleged involvement in the crash is unclear. A Dallas police spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Rice was not appearing in Dallas County jail records as of about 12:40 a.m. on Sunday. It was not immediately clear if he is suspected of any charges or if anyone was injured in the crash.

whitbyviking

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...-in-connection-with-major-accident-in-dallas/

Kansas City Chiefs’ Rashee Rice suspected in connection with major accident in Dallas

A car registered to Rashee Rice was involved in a crash on North Central Expressway, law enforcement officials said.

Police are looking for Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice in connection with a major accident Saturday evening in northeast Dallas, law enforcement officials confirmed to The Dallas Morning News.

A vehicle registered to Rice was involved in a crash on North Central Expressway about 6:20 p.m., officials told The News. The law enforcement officials said that police are looking for Rice, and a police call sheet obtained by The News confirmed that law enforcement officials were searching for him in connection with the accident.

His alleged involvement in the crash is unclear. A Dallas police spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Rice was not appearing in Dallas County jail records as of about 12:40 a.m. on Sunday. It was not immediately clear if he is suspected of any charges or if anyone was injured in the crash.
Just been reading about this, Chiefs seem to end up with more criminals than most. Just read that Danny Grey from the Niners was allegedly one of the guys involved. He’s done if that is the case, he’s already been a strong failure.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Biased, but I think Mike Evans needs to be on this list...

Tough competition. All those people have a very valid claim there. But it’s very difficult to put Evans out. Looking down that list he’s one of the few if not the only one who has maintained remarkable consistency despite different QBs.

Gavinb33

Why not? Doubt he'll be a WR but could be a handy RB. Also we're a team that likes to script RB receiving plays so he'll get a chance to develop his catching. Although being realistic, we'll probably end up cutting him.
Pretty sure IPP players are basically a free hit and don't take a roster spot so I'd have thought they wouldn't cut him and give him some Time to develop, it'd be a bit stupid to sign someone with no experience to cut them later because they have no experience

RoadTrip

Pretty sure IPP players are basically a free hit and don't take a roster spot so I'd have thought they wouldn't cut him and give him some Time to develop, it'd be a bit stupid to sign someone with no experience to cut them later because they have no experience
I don’t think that’s true for the final 53 man squad. I think it is during offseason though so yes he won’t be being cut I wouldn’t think until training camp.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

His lawyer just happens to be a Texas state senator. I imagine the Hunts had something to do with that choice. I'm thinking he'll get a slap on the wrists by the justice system (the American legal system is mostly a joke if you're wealthy) and will be given a couple of games suspension by the NFL.

Gavinb33

I don’t think that’s true for the final 53 man squad. I think it is during offseason though so yes he won’t be being cut I wouldn’t think until training camp.
They don't take a practice squad place if they clear waivers and get put onto the practice squad my bad.

Still seems like there could be a genuine pathway there should he do well

RoadTrip

They don't take a practice squad place if they clear waivers and get put onto the practice squad my bad.

Still seems like there could be a genuine pathway there should he do well
I think there’s a very good chance he goes on a practice squad - but ultimately he needs to show potential at the end of the day. But it’s the right thing that there are these policies in place to allow IPP players greater opportunity to secure some kind of role at a franchise.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
The Chiefs have signed Carson Wentz. Competition for Mahomes!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Biased, but I think Mike Evans needs to be on this list...

As much as I can't stand the guy, I think AB has to be at the top. He missed about 2.5 years of playing time during that period as well and still managed more catches than anyone else. Hopkins not too far behind..

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
FFS.

Really? Couldn't find anyone else? FFS.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Larry Fitzgerald should be on that list above as well, he played through 2020. Recorded 855 receptions, 10016 yards, and 61 tds between 2010-2019 on some average/bad Arizona teams.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

Huge. Great pickup by the Texans. Compensation is a 2nd round pick in 2025.

RoadTrip

I get the impression that Diggs seems a bit of an idiot as well though. Big loss for the Bills and a big pick up for the Texans, though. Thats for sure.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Nah he’s pretty much cooked imo, one year left max. 2nd rounder is too expensive, it’s what they dealt Hopkins for in his prime back in the days.