NFL "Law" Trouble

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
LOL. What a jerk. This guy has lost my respect with his greediness, all eyes on me attitude, and now this? The guy has clearly believed his own hype. :rolleyes:

Pats CB Law arrested for allegedly fleeing from police
April 19, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- New England Patriots cornerback Ty Law was arrested after he allegedly led police on a brief foot chase.

Law was driving his 2004 Rolls-Royce early Saturday morning in the South Beach section of the city when an officer flagged him down for a lane violation, Miami Beach police said.

The 30-year-old Pro Bowl player initially pulled over, but police said he sped off, prompting them to chase him about half a block until he stopped again. He then ran away from officers again, but they caught up to him after a short chase. According to police, Law told the two officers "not to touch him because he is a professional athlete."

Law was charged with failure to obey a police officer and resisting an officer, both misdemeanors.

"He didn't want to go to jail and he didn't want the police to tell him what to do. And that was the problem," police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said Monday.

"He decided that he's above the law, and he's not, and that's why he was arrested."

Law was taken to the Miami-Dade County Jail after his arrest and released early Saturday morning on $1,500 bond.

When reached at his home by The Associated Press, Law declined comment and referred calls to his attorney.

Patriots spokesman Stacey James said the team was "aware of the reports. We're going to work internally to gather more information."

In December 2000, U.S. Customs officials found several Ecstasy pills in Law's bag after he was leaving Canada with two other players.

Law said the drug belonged to his cousin, but paid a $700 administrative fine at the scene and was released.

Last month, Law said he no longer wanted to play for the Patriots because of "irreconcilable differences" caused by a contract dispute.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

kennyj

I don't understand why he was fleeing from such a minor violation? If the Pats don't want him, the Jets could use him.