Music Nine Inch Nails

Count Duckula

Christ they're brilliant :eek:

Only just started listening to them after I heard them playing in my girlfriend's car. Well, I say "them", it's really just Reznor, but still. Amazing stuff.

Any other NIN fans?

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
My personal philosophy is that you can only be a fan of one band whose name derives from a construction material or related profession, and I chose The Carpenters.

lesclaypool

Pretty Hate Machine is amazing, and one of my favourite albums. I think I've only listened to Broken (an ep) and The Downward Spiral after that, and I remember thinking they were pretty good but haven't listened to them too many times. But yeah, first album is immense - I will now delve further into their discography. Thanks for the reminder!

Count Duckula

Pretty Hate Machine is my favourite, but that's because it's the only one I've really listened to so far. My girlfriend absolutely loves The Downward Spiral, so that's the one I'll try next.

Having said that, The Hand that Feeds is a fecking amazing track.

Eriku

My personal philosophy is that you can only be a fan of one band whose name derives from a construction material or related profession, and I chose The Carpenters.
No... Not to the Carpenters, necessarily (I've not heard them), but no... that's no way to partition your musical leanings.

Also: NIN are great... saw them in 2005 in Sweden... somewhat tainted by two huge muddy lesbians trying their best to procreate within fifteen yards of me.

Scholesgoals

Saw em at reading in 07. They were very good in all honesty. Wouldnt really listen to them normally though.

Plan M

Love them.

Seen them live a few times, Trent Reznor is a genius.

Check out "Ghosts 1-9" - instrumental set of Reznor's work.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
TRENT REZNOR HASN'T DIED

Sex, drugs and … God? Nine Inch Nails’ greatest songs – ranked!

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2024/mar/14/nine-inch-nails-trent-reznor-greatest-songs-ranked

Agree or disagree with the list?

I wouldn't have put Hurt as no.1 as it's not my favourite and I think having it at the top when many consider it inferior to Cash's is a shame

I was surprised Terrible Lie was so high, a great song but still feels very raw compared to NIN's other work

A few omissions that surprised me were Wish, Happiness in Slavery, Survivalism, Discipline, The Perfect Drug, Starfeckers and many more

TRENT REZNOR HASN'T DIED

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
TRENT REZNOR HASN'T DIED

Sex, drugs and … God? Nine Inch Nails’ greatest songs – ranked!

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2024/mar/14/nine-inch-nails-trent-reznor-greatest-songs-ranked

Agree or disagree with the list?

I wouldn't have put Hurt as no.1 as it's not my favourite and I think having it at the top when many consider it inferior to Cash's is a shame

I was surprised Terrible Lie was so high, a great song but still feels very raw compared to NIN's other work

A few omissions that surprised me were Wish, Happiness in Slavery, Survivalism, Discipline, The Perfect Drug, Starfeckers and many more

TRENT REZNOR HASN'T DIED
Good list, will do a dive back in given I'm feeling particularly morose of late.