Gaming Nintendo Switch

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
So damn good.

What house did you go with?

I'm around 50 hours in with Black eagles and shit got real.
I’m with the black eagles too but only about 20 hours in, just at the bit where...

Englebitch goes all betrayal on you

Definitely going to play through with each house

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Can't really comment as I didn't play FE Path of Radience, but Xenoblade Chronicles 1 holds up for me.
I have only played the prologue and parts of chapter 1, the world is beautiful I'll be honest but that's a given with Monolith Soft, kind of bummed that it's not a regular turn based combat though.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I’m with the black eagles too but only about 20 hours in, just at the bit where...

Englebitch goes all betrayal on you

Definitely going to play through with each house
I feel like if you get to know her better you can definitely see where she is coming from, also I advise you to do Golden Deers on 2nd playthrough, they reveal the most info I felt, but that's my opinion.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I've just sold my old Switch for 250$, I still don't understand why someone would buy it used for just 49$ under the new one price, my other Switch is the pokemon bundle one, that one I'll keep forever. :drool:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I have only played the prologue and parts of chapter 1, the world is beautiful I'll be honest but that's a given with Monolith Soft, kind of bummed that it's not a regular turn based combat though.
Yeah. For me the thing that keeps me from really loving it is the down-scaling of experience as you level up. I wouldn't mind if they just upped the needed experience a bit, but it's annoying to kill enemies for 1 exp each to level up.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Yeah. For me the thing that keeps me from really loving it is the down-scaling of experience as you level up. I wouldn't mind if they just upped the needed experience a bit, but it's annoying to kill enemies for 1 exp each to level up.
So you're saying there's a lot of grinding before the end-game?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
So you're saying there's a lot of grinding before the end-game?
I wouldn't know. I haven't finished it. Started playing it during the current generation of consoles, and that means it's been while I've had my health issues and not before, so such a big game makes me tired - and when I am no longer tired I've forgotten enough to want to start again.

I think I've gotten 1/4th through it (guessing). A good friend of mine says it's her absolute favorite rpg of all time though, and I can understand why despite not agreeing. It has a good charm. To return to your question though, I never felt as if I had to grind. I grind because I like being overpowered but the game won't let me due to the limitations in experience gained in areas from monsters.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Still want one, still can't justify the expense to myself, what with the monthly subscription and Nintendo premium on games. Poor me. I'm going to go emulate Chrono Trigger.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
i mean I assumed that was the one but it took me 40 hours to reach that point, not sure how anyone can get there in 20 hours on first playthrough! Also I joined her and did her path and it's really good.
Actually finished my first playthrough in 39 hours :lol:, my 2nd playthrough though with the Golden Deers was 55 hours.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Tetris, Mario Maker and Splatoon are the main games I want to play.

Edit: only £15 for a year? that's piffling.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Actually finished my first playthrough in 39 hours :lol:, my 2nd playthrough though with the Golden Deers was 55 hours.
did you
team up with Edelgard? Not sure if it's shorter if you don't team up with her but there seems to be loads of extra content when you do
Here was me thinking the second playthroughs would be way shorter. :lol: I think I'll need to take a break before starting another one because this game is consuming all my free time.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Just started my second play through with the Golden Deer on new game+ hard. The lack of difficulty kind of spoiled the first one. It was way too easy. I don't really like the rewind mechanic, it kills the suspense, since it's nearly impossible to feck up. Still, great game though.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Just started my second play through with the Golden Deer on new game+ hard. The lack of difficulty kind of spoiled the first one. It was way too easy. I don't really like the rewind mechanic, it kills the suspense, since it's nearly impossible to feck up. Still, great game though.
Yeah most stuff I read said that these were generally difficult games but Normal/Classic is incredibly easy, and you don't have to grind at all. It gets a little bit more difficult after

the timejump

but it's still so damn easy. I'll be going for the hard difficulty on subsequent playthroughs for sure.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah most stuff I read said that these were generally difficult games but Normal/Classic is incredibly easy, and you don't have to grind at all. It gets a little bit more difficult after

the timejump

but it's still so damn easy. I'll be going for the hard difficulty on subsequent playthroughs for sure.
The older one's are most definitely hard. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn bordered on being frustrating at some parts.

I'm just going to refrain from using Byleth as much as possible I think.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
They will be releasing Lunatic difficulty on a free update.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
did you
team up with Edelgard? Not sure if it's shorter if you don't team up with her but there seems to be loads of extra content when you do
Here was me thinking the second playthroughs would be way shorter. :lol: I think I'll need to take a break before starting another one because this game is consuming all my free time.
Yes I did, and my 2nd playthrough took so long because I recruited every single recruitable character and completed their social link with Byleth, that took me so long.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
They will be releasing Lunatic difficulty on a free update.
Oh nice, any news on when? I don't think it will hold my interest after the second playthrough so maybe I should wait and go back to screaming at the unfairness of Darkest Dungeon.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Oh nice, any news on when? I don't think it will hold my interest after the second playthrough so maybe I should wait and go back to screaming at the unfairness of Darkest Dungeon.
Should be soon as far as I know, maybe next September?

LInkash

Haven't been as hooked on a game as I have been with Fire Emblem. On the second half of my third playthrough now!

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Do you guys watch Ryukahr on youtube? great way to find maddening and impossible levels