No academy-match this weekend ?

PS18

Not seen/heard anything about it being postponed?

It's away and not on TV so there's unlikely to be any news for a while.

jb8521

Its on just not on mutv but the highlights are on tomorrow night

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
City v United

City edge Tight Tussle

In a very tense derby match at Platt Lane this morning, very little separated the teams until City snatched a late goal to win the game.

United had the best of the first half without really putting the City keeper under any pressure. The second half belonged to City and it felt just a matter of time before they created something concrete.

Their breakthrough came with ten minutes to go, when a cross from the left found an unmarked blue shirt and after controlling the ball he beat Joe Dudgeon and put the ball past the despairing Conor Devlin.

United then upped the tempo and nearly equalised with a fine volley from Ollie Norwood, however the City keeper made an outstanding save.

Fulltime: Manchester City 1 Manchester United 0

Team:

1. Devlin
2. Tunnicliffe
3. Dudgeon
4. Thorpe
5. Wootton
6. Norwood - capt
7. Ajose
8. Morrison
9. KIng
10. Petrucci
11. Brady

Subs:

12. Gill
13. Woods
14. Curran (11) - 77
15. Macheda (9) - 73
16. James

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Sounds like we were slightly unlucky to lose away to the league leaders. Can't be too disappointed with that. Did you watch the game, MUJAC? Any outstanding performers?

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Sounds like we were slightly unlucky to lose away to the league leaders. Can't be too disappointed with that. Did you watch the game, MUJAC? Any outstanding performers?
To be fair we looked a bit tired! No-one was really outstanding....Thorpe played well, and Curran did well when he came on.

But City have a good team.

jb8521

From the highlights Morrison again looked impressive. He was playing centre midfield for the academy for the first time

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Yeah, I just saw those now. Morrison did indeed look lively. Macheda did some very nice things after coming on. We seemed unlucky to lose to a team full of bigger lads.

Virtuoso

If that Macheda chipped ball from the wing to Norwood who then volleyed it sweetly on target had gone in it would have been one of the best goals I'd have seen all season. We played some good stuff at times, shame we couldn't take any of our chances though.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
From the highlights Morrison again looked impressive. He was playing centre midfield for the academy for the first time
Yeah, I just saw those now. Morrison did indeed look lively. Macheda did some very nice things after coming on. We seemed unlucky to lose to a team full of bigger lads.
Link to the Video if its available pls..

jb8521

I normally put up uniteds goals and a few highlights but there wasnt really enough to be worthwhile to be honest

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I normally put up uniteds goals and a few highlights but there wasnt really enough to be worthwhile to be honest
You must know us fans better than that surely.. Anything will do.. a good pass, a crunching tackle, a moment of magic.. That is what it is all about really..