Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
He’s Jose’s dream striker and peps nightmare, for me of all the top teams he could of gone to city was the one who wouldn’t bend to play to his abilities, Liverpool like to move at pace, United are strong on the counter both would of played to his strengths, slow build has got him 25 goals but if it was fast they would of been unstoppable.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Didn't get a sniff tonight and looked pretty easy to defend against. Obviously a brilliant goal scorer but not much else to his game.

Robbie Boy

In that case pardon the crossed wires. It’s been a while since I’ve bothered to engage and I got it from several posters.
Thing is; this is a United forum, not a Norwegian National Team forum. He plays for our direct rival, so obviously people are going to criticise him on here, and take this piss.

I think he's obviously a very good player, but I find it really fecking weird (from one poster in particular @Samid ) when people gleefully bump this thread gushing about him after he plays well. I mean, he's a City player ffs.

Last edited:

slored1

If he joined us he'd be much better off. Bruno would absolutely love him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I’m not defensive, just pretty sure I’ve seen you gleefully post when he’s had an underwhelming game. Maybe I’m confusing you with someone else? Pretty sure I’ve seen you trot out tired lines about people just defending him and Ole just because they’re Norwegian.
You’re definitely not confusing him with anyone else. Use the ignore function on that one and your caf experience instantly will become 10x better, trust me.

LARulz

He’s Jose’s dream striker and peps nightmare, for me of all the top teams he could of gone to city was the one who wouldn’t bend to play to his abilities, Liverpool like to move at pace, United are strong on the counter both would of played to his strengths, slow build has got him 25 goals but if it was fast they would of been unstoppable.
Think the plan/assumption was he would essentially just have tap ins most the time (like most his goals this season)

I think the main problems been they just aren't creating anything. Of course he has a role to play in that but when the rest look off it as well it just compounds the issue. He best with Foden and his absence is a big problem for them

Robbie Boy

You’re definitely not confusing him with anyone else. Use the ignore function on that one and your caf experience instantly will become 10x better, trust me.
Shut up you fecking melt.

Samid the walking meme.

ForeverRed1

Shut him out of the game and city struggle. They don’t have the same fluidity with him, as good as he is. Peps got to figure this one out and I’m sure he will. Haaland suits counter attacking football, which just isn’t peps game.

RedDevil@84

Funny how he is a prolific goal scorer, but easily stoppable. It is a surprise that City are not able to get him more tap-ins.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Will be sold in the near future if Pep stays. Simply the wrong fit. Will bang for fun but the team suffers. One of the fundamental things a Pep striker does is hold the ball and draw CBs out of position to creat space for the overload. Haaland can’t do it. His dropping deep is ineffective because that is simply not his game.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Will be sold in the near future if Pep stays. Simply the wrong fit. Will bang for fun but the team suffers. One of the fundamental things a Pep striker does is hold the ball and draw CBs out of position to creat space for the overload. Haaland can’t do it. His dropping deep is ineffective because that is simply not his game.
It might benefit City, he's still scoring a shit load of goals and they'll probably get £100m+ for him which will end up balancing their FFP.

Eriku

Thing is; this is a United forum, not a Norwegian National Team forum. He plays for our direct rival, so obviously people are going to criticise him on here, and take this piss.

I think he's obviously a very good player, but I find it really fecking weird (from one poster in particular @Samid ) when people gleefully bump this thread gushing about him after he plays well. I mean, he's a City player ffs.
He’s been smashing records with his goalscoring, there’s plenty of room for acknowledging greatness.

And it’s not just Norwegians getting worked up by what he’s done so far in his short career. There’s a United section and a football section, so it’s not out of order in the football section. You psychoanalyzing people’s motives for posting, however, certainly borders on being out of order.

Eriku

Yeah, I unblocked some people because I thought we were past it post-Ole. Oh well.

Castia

Obviously a top player but if you can keep him quiet you have a good chance of winning

Wasn’t the same the last few years they had goals coming from everywhere

Robbie Boy

He’s been smashing records with his goalscoring, there’s plenty of room for acknowledging greatness.

And it’s not just Norwegians getting worked up by what he’s done so far in his short career. There’s a United section and a football section, so it’s not out of order in the football section. You psychoanalyzing people’s motives for posting, however, certainly borders on being out of order.
You're certainly over-thinking this and getting worked up over nothing. You confused me with someone who 'gleefully criticises' Haaland. I've just explained that this is a United forum, so people are obviously going to shit on rival players after a bad game/run of form.

And yes, I do think United fans bumping this thread when he plays well (a City player) is kind of weird. But I'm not really that invested that I'm going to write up a psychology thesis on the subject. Chill out bud.

Robbie Boy

Yeah, I unblocked some people because I thought we were past it post-Ole. Oh well.
Oh dear, you actually listen to him :lol:

I'm literally not someone who criticises Haaland and you seem overly upset with me. You lot need to lighten up.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Anyone think he’s too timid to be a big player in a team of stars? He seems to meekly accept a lot of things; being pushed around by defenders, being ignored by his team mates, getting decisions against him from referees. The Dortmund bosses said he was eager to learn, and it makes sense that a young player who hasn’t won anything feels inferior to senior players that have won a lot. But it seems like you need to act like a star to be treated like one, otherwise someone else will take ownership of things…
It's a learning curve in and of itself. He's wet behind the ears in terms of being a character and force of personality and it'd be fair to say he's learning on the job in that sense.

He doesn't have that pre-packed swagger and arrogance of an Mbappe or the like who demanded acknowledgement out of the gate; he's just an innately great striker at the moment, rather than a player setting teammates and opponents to rights - that "laid back" talk does mask the passivity in his game when things aren't going his way, but I'll bet he picks up a great deal in this department over time.

Last edited:

Eriku

You're certainly over-thinking this and getting worked up over nothing. You confused me with someone who 'gleefully criticises' Haaland. I've just explained that this is a United forum, so people are obviously going to shit on rival players after a bad game/run of form.

And yes, I do think United fans bumping this thread when he plays well (a City player) is kind of weird. But I'm not really that invested that I'm going to write up a psychology thesis on the subject. Chill out bud.
I know I’ve seen you snipe at Norwegian posters for sticking up for Norway, reinforced by you talking about this not being the Norwegian National Team forum or whatever. You’re certainly at times engaging in attempts at mind-reading rather than engaging with the points made.

At any rate I am perfectly chilled-out, and am over this back and forth. Have a good one.

Eriku

Oh dear, you actually listen to him :lol:

I'm literally not someone who criticises Haaland and you seem overly upset with me. You lot need to lighten up.
Don’t worry. For some reason I can’t access your profile, so I can’t put you on ignore anyway.

Robbie Boy

I know I’ve seen you snipe at Norwegian posters for sticking up for Norway, reinforced by you talking about this not being the Norwegian National Team forum or whatever. You’re certainly at times engaging in attempts at mind-reading rather than engaging with the points made.

At any rate I am perfectly chilled-out, and am over this back and forth. Have a good one.
Ah listen bud, you're turning this into something it's not. It's a bit of piss taking, I think you need to chill. Best of luck and have a nice evening.

Robbie Boy

Don’t worry. For some reason I can’t access your profile, so I can’t put you on ignore anyway.
Ah you still can. Very thin skinned of you.

I have my own opinions on @Samid btw, so listening to him, when it comes to me, wouldn't be advisable. Do as you wish mate.

kaku06

What's clear is that Kane is still easily the best striker in the PL.
Yep. Been saying that all along.
He's a class goalscorer, but that's all he is. He's a net negative for them.

Some coincidence that Dortmund are suddenly putting together their first proper title challenge since before he went there as well.
Agreed.
Square plug for a round hole? I mean you can't argue with the goals he's scored but is he scoring more as an individual affecting how many city score as a team? And is it making them a little more predictable?

I think it is. I'm not sure Pep actually knows how to balance the team with him in it. Hence the muddled line ups and formations. He has a destabilising effect on Peps rock solid philosophy and system and it's beginning to show.
And this.

Eriku

Ah you still can. Very thin skinned of you.

I have my own opinions on @Samid btw, so listening to him, when it comes to me, wouldn't be advisable. Do as you wish mate.
Listen, I’m clinically depressed since my teens, with anxiety to boot. You can’t infer tone from text necessarily, but I know I got my fecking fill of "you’re just saying that cause you’re Norwegian" during the Ole reign, and it’s tiring to get casual dismissals of your input just because of where you’re from.

I wasn’t looking to block really, that was just a quip. This shit doesn’t happen when I just lurk, so I’ll go back to doing that.

Crickus

Pep brought in Zlatan and failed with him. Always had a feeling Haaland would not suit Pep Ball

kaku06

Kane would have been ideal striker for pep and city. He would have scored as many if not more than Haaland and would have actually elevated their game to different level. Haaland is and never will be a pep striker no matter how many goals he scores.

Robbie Boy

Listen, I’m clinically depressed since my teens, with anxiety to boot. You can’t infer tone from text necessarily, but I know I got my fecking fill of "you’re just saying that cause you’re Norwegian" during the Ole reign, and it’s tiring to get casual dismissals of your input just because of where you’re from.

I wasn’t looking to block really, that was just a quip. This shit doesn’t happen when I just lurk, so I’ll go back to doing that.
Well I'm sorry to hear about your issues and I wish you the best of luck with that. As I said, it was literally a piss take 'Noggie defence league' - it's hardly serious.

I do find it funny how some - maybe they're not all Norwegian - get wound up when anyone criticises him. Point is: it's to be expected on a United forum. I hope you don't stop posting, as I never had any issues with you. I have issues with some from the Ole era, due to the superior stance they took, but you were always a good dude.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You’ve scored 25 goals in 20 matches and have 15 games left to score 8 goals and hold the record for the 38 goal season. Where exactly did it all go so wrong?

Eriku

Well I'm sorry to hear about your issues and I wish you the best of luck with that. As I said, it was literally a piss take 'Noggie defence league' - it's hardly serious.

I do find it funny how some - maybe they're not all Norwegian - get wound up when anyone criticises him. Point is: it's to be expected on a United forum. I hope you don't stop posting, as I never had any issues with you. I have issues with some from the Ole era, due to the superior stance they took, but you were always a good dude.
There is a solid representation of Noggies on here, and some are probably a bit coloured by that excitement, but I just got so fecking fed up with that during the Ole era. Who, btw, is still being beaten on regularly by people who clearly don’t get the mutual attachment between him and the club

Anyway, I just don’t see other nationalities’ opinions on subjects dismissed en masse like this. So yeah, I don’t take it as a gentle ribbing. Probably a me problem, certainly won’t go away it seems. Just like the shit/brilliant dichotomy.

Robbie Boy

There is a solid representation of Noggies on here, and some are probably a bit coloured by that excitement, but I just got so fecking fed up with that during the Ole era. Who, btw, is still being beaten on regularly by people who clearly don’t get the mutual attachment between him and the club

Anyway, I just don’t see other nationalities’ opinions on subjects dismissed en masse like this. So yeah, I don’t take it as a gentle ribbing. Probably a me problem, certainly won’t go away it seems. Just like the shit/brilliant dichotomy.
Fair enough mate. But I have to be honest here; it takes two to tango, and there was certainly a lot of self-righteous, condescending Norwegian posters on here during the Ole era, which is where this all started.

Anyhow, this has gone well and truly off track at this point. We're derailing this thread so feel free to PM me if you fancy chatting further.

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Pep brought in Zlatan and failed with him. Always had a feeling Haaland would not suit Pep Ball
The worst part being, Zlatan is FAR more Pep compatible on paper than haaland as he's closer to Kane.

FujiVice

All I know is, any other great team would have torn Spurs to pieces today after their rivals dropped points in a title race. That's what you do in a title race. He should have smelled blood today, but the Spurs defenders didnt fear him. You can have an off day, but these are the days that matter.

Bobski

Think he is taking too much of the blame for others decline. Definitely issues there with fit but their defense is significantly weaker than previous years, Walker is tailing off, Ake and Akanji is mediocre, Akanji especially lacks the passing quality you would associate with Pep teams. Gundogan and Silva have also been rather poor this year, even Mahrez has been even more erratic than normal.

Blood Mage

He'd be devastating for us or Liverpool as others have said, he's a lethal counter-attack striker. Pep's City isn't a good fit for him.