Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
He is very young and still needs to add facets to his game. I know English football is used to have prodigious kids peaking at 19-21, but most of them disappear soon after. I am not sure Haaland will become the new Lewandowski, just a Filippo Inzaghi would suffice provided that he becomes smarter with the defenders and their line.

Chief123

Going to be flop of the season. City have been mugged off.

On a serious note, I feel Alvarez would be more suited to City’s football than Haaland.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Guardiola clearly wants to go for the CL this season.

Haaland is not the type of player he would build his squad around for the whole season.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Not a great game... but should have scored and could have got another 1 or 2

Over a season he will score plenty ... not sure it will make city much better but will give them different options.

Amazin

Supports
Liverpool
Van Dijk had the Norwegian Ricky Lambert in his pocket all game

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Makes me realize how deadly he would be for Ole as his number 9 - sitting on the counter with Sancho, Rashford, Daniel James and, Martial and Bruno Fernándes passes.

Possesion was the complete opposite to Ole’s tactics.

Chief123

If Haaland struggles at city or fails to live up to expectation, I think I’ll lose any hope and interest in buying players from the Bundesliga. He would end up being another player in a long list of failures who support the argument that Bundesliga is a poor farmers league.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Haaland is going to be top goalscorer and City are winning the league.

What the feck is going on here.

Didn't think he would fit City's game but he's still dynamite. I'll be surprised if he doesn't adapt to the league pretty quickly.

Robbie Boy

Makes me realize how deadly he would be for Ole as his number 9 - sitting on the counter with Sancho, Rashford, Daniel James and, Martial and Bruno Fernándes passes.

Ole to City???

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Haaland combined with Dan James is a scary thought

Trex

If Haaland struggles at city or fails to live up to expectation, I think I’ll lose any hope and interest in buying players from the Bundesliga. He would end up being another player in a long list of failures who support the argument that Bundesliga is a poor farmers league.
He'll score enough to not be a flop, but like I've always said he's less suited to being the 9 in Pep ball than Jesus or Aguero. Pep doesn't put individuals ahead of system so I feel its only a matter of time we see Haaland on the bench for "tactical reasons".

PoTMS

I wonder what Rashford's stats would be if he played in the Bundesliga.

Chief123

Does anyone know the answer to this question? Google is letting me down.
I know it’s not passes. But only 8 touches is not a good start in a system where every player normally gets involved with many touches.

Chief123

I wonder what Rashford's stats would be if he played in the Bundesliga.
He’d probably tear it up in that league, I’m not even kidding. He would thrive on the oceans of space to run into behind those defences.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I know it’s not passes. But only 8 touches is not a good start in a system where every player normally gets involved with many touches.

Cool. Thanks. Not quite what I was looking for but confirms how amazingly peripheral he was. It looks that bit more bizarre because of how massive and blonde he is.

Chief123

Cool. Thanks. Not quite what I was looking for but confirms how amazingly peripheral he was. It looks that bit more bizarre because of how massive and blonde he is.
My heart tells me he’ll bag plenty of goals but like I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I don’t know at what detriment to the rest of the team it’ll be. I feel they are going to lose goals elsewhere in the team. Similar to how I feel we play with Ronaldo. He gets his fair share of goals with everyone else getting little return. What’s going to be interesting to see is how well City adapt to basically changing the entire way they’ve been building attacks for last few seasons. How much better can you get from 90+ points every season with 100ish goals.

It could end with a classic case of if it ain’t broken, why fix it.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
City's Ronaldo. Will be their top scorer but make them worse.

cyberman

My heart tells me he’ll bag plenty of goals but like I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I don’t know at what detriment to the rest of the team it’ll be. I feel they are going to lose goals elsewhere in the team. Similar to how I feel we play with Ronaldo. He gets his fair share of goals with everyone else getting little return. What’s going to be interesting to see is how well City adapt to basically changing the entire way they’ve been building attacks for last few seasons. How much better can you get from 90+ points every season with 100ish goals.

It could end with a classic case of if it ain’t broken, why fix it.
But who will he take goals from? Mharez maybe but Grealish etc aren’t prolific

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

BerryBerryShrew

De Bruyne was really poor today. Haaland made a few excellent runs in behind that weren't picked out by KdB. If he had, there would be a different conversation in here.

Of course, that will change in time and Haaland will unfortunately be a huge threat going forward.

lsd

The Oracle
De Bruyne was really poor today. Haaland made a few excellent runs in behind that weren't picked out by KdB. If he had, there would be a different conversation in here.

Of course, that will change in time and Haaland will unfortunately be a huge threat going forward.

Very true but I will still enjoy a smug "Haaland played well" to a few City fans I know when I see them

Demas

Supports
Chelsea
It would be hilarious if he flopped badly, but I think he will be fine. Man City create so many chances even a donkey will score loads upfront, as long as he doesn't disturb the team dynamic and play style so much

Chief123

But who will he take goals from? Mharez maybe but Grealish etc aren’t prolific
Last season like previous seasons, city have always spread their goals out. They’ve never had one prolific player since Aguero. But that’s part of my point in that I feel playing Haaland will reduce the spread of their goals. City have been playing a false 9 system last couple of years which naturally brings other players into dangerous situations due to the way they build up the attacks.

City’s prem scorers last season with games played and goals scored.

With Haaland, I don’t see KDB, Mahrez, foden and Grealish getting as many but Haaland getting 20+. Similar to how I feel when martial plays he’ll allow the likes of Rashford, Sancho and Bruno to all get at least 5 goals extra each rather than all the goals focused through Ronaldo.