Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

I simply don’t trust him to rebuild the team when he has zero experience in doing so, the job is too big for him. He’ll be gone by Christmas and we’ll have blown another 200mil on players the next manager won’t want.
This. Fergie would take 5 years to try to rebuild this mess, and is Ole on the same planet as Fergie in management?

Jonno

Every manager we've appointed have been given a full season at the very least. Guardiola and Klopp did feck all in their first season.
They have won leagues and gained worldwide respect over a period of 5-10 years as a manger.

Ole has managed a Norwegian side and Cardiff

redIndianDevil

Players were happy when we got rid off Mourinho and appointed Ole as interim. Probably they thought we'd finally appoint an actual good coach but once we confirmed that Ole would be given the job, everything went to shit.

I think the players know a good manager when they see one, and Ole or the old relics like Phelan is not going to do it for them.

We have to get rid off the entire coaching staff including McKenna and Carrick. It's clear that these two are completely useless in coaching side of things. We really have to feck off with all the nostalgia and start becoming more ruthless. And we have to shut up the class of 92 media idiots from pressuring the club.

Sanchez7

We gave him the permanent job too early but now have to back him. A top 4 finish with exciting football will buy him few more years.

Him selling Fellaini and potentially selling Lukaku, Sanchez etc makes me hope that he knows what he is doing and at the very least can identify the kind of players we need at the club.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
We can begin all that by sacking Ole tomorrow morning. And Phelan.
We can but we then have accept this isn’t going be a thing that is gonna happen over night, we can’t all have paddy that big money wasn’t spent to summer because what ever happens now spending big money under Ole or a new manger would be a mistake because it will be will either be decisions made by a manger who is under qualified and likly won’t be here for that long ( Ole) or by a team of people who we have rushed to hire who haven’t had the time to asses the club properly.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
There's little-to-no chance of him being removed, we may as well forget it and stop with the moaning and complaining. I havent defended Ole much up to now but I think he makes a few decent points in his post-match interview. Its been an exhausting season, the negativity surrounding the club and all the discussion around various players potentially leaving, makes things very difficult. Its a bit of a circus at the moment.

Sacking another manager would throw us further into disarray and whilst Ole has done absolutely nothing to warrant the job, it's the sensible thing to do to keep him in position now. We need quiet and calm, and for the club, players and managers to start to recreate a positive culture and environment.

Hopefully the club will act quickly with new signings, and we are able to keep the media interest to an absolute minimum (unlikely, but we can hope and pray!)
The media love a United in crisis story.

So the media will be all over us this Summer.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Had the club waited until the end of the season before appointing the new manager, would they still have went with Ole? I highly doubt it. If that is true then they've got to sack him. No point going into another season with someone you don't think is the right man for the job.

wolvored

I hope that you can understand what you have written because it doesn't make sense.
What is this good platform. Loosing to Huddersfield and Cardiff ?
Top 4 is in theory achievable. Of course it should be achievable. This is Manchester United we are talking about not Brighton or Burnley.
Sorry I typed into the middle of the my thread. What I meant was making up 10 points to finish top 4 as a minimum isnt that hard as we dropped 5 of those points in the last 2 games against relegated teams.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Players were happy when we got rid off Mourinho and appointed Ole as interim. Probably they thought we'd finally appoint an actual good coach but once we confirmed that Ole would be given the job, everything went to shit.

I think the players know a good manager when they see one, and Ole or the old relics like Phelan is not going to do it for them.

We have to get rid off the entire coaching staff including McKenna and Carrick. It's clear that these two are completely useless in coaching side of things. We really have to feck off with all the nostalgia and start becoming more ruthless. And we have to shut up the class of 92 media idiots from pressuring the club.
This is exactly what I think. Makes tot sense too. Seems very obvious to me.

redIndianDevil

We still have fans who think a strong summer and pre-season and we'll be playing quality football again, deary me.

It is all well and good to call out the squad as unfit, gutless, overpaid etc etc but the reality is no club sells 10 players in one window. With some of the wages we've put these players on, it'll be a nightmare to shift them. We'll be playing largely with same set of players next season. Ole has shown nothing in so far in his tenure here which suggests he can stem the flow when tide is turned against his side. Next season is going to be brutal, we'll waste about 15-20 games before doing the inevitable but the season will be long gone by then. Let's hope we don't waste too much money in the summer.
absolute morons and idiots. We cannot even pass well but when the players gain fitness they will magically pass like peak Barcelona.

SAFMUTD

Every manager we've appointed have been given a full season at the very least. Guardiola and Klopp did feck all in their first season.
Moyes didnt got a full season, and his team never got as shitty results as Ole’s.

Guardiola and Klopp did feck all but first they were proved managers, second they were never this bad and third you can saw what they were trying to implement.

You are comparing Guardiola who is probably between the best 5 managers in the history of the sport and Klopp who had proveed to be a very good manager with Borussia with Ole who has proved shit, and failed with Cardiff and is failing with United.

They shouldn’t even been mentioned in the same phrase.

Ban

All hail player power. Maybe Ed should ask the players who to appoint and beg them not to kick him out.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

This post should be made into a thread, its exactly what is happening and what is needed. Spot on 100 percent.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Was just wondering how many people would still be supporting Ole if he wasn’t ex Utd?
That's the crux of it though, isn't it? With all previous managers you would worry about fit, getting us, self-preservation... With Ole we know all that is out of the window.

Looks out of his depth though. The question is whether it's a better gamble than appointing AN Other and the whole assessment and knowing who you can/can't count on starting afresh. We really needed a DoF in place for this to be a realistic option.

As it stands I wish he would walk away. If there's one thing that can clearly point the finger at players and Woody it would be him taking a step aside rather than sticking around to inevitably get full blame by December.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Anyone else worried at how highly he seems to value Young, Smalling and all that British core jazz?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
They have won leagues and gained worldwide respect over a period of 5-10 years as a manger.

Ole has managed a Norwegian side and Cardiff
So? Either we appointed him or we do not. When we appointed him, everyone here was happy. Any managers appointed should be given a full season at the very least.

SAFMUTD

I would only sack him if we can get a replacement like Poch.
There are plenty managers we could get that would do a better job, the Erik ten Hag the ajax manager, Nuno Santo, Conte, feck I would take almost anyproben manager before sticking with Ole.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I think its safe to say 6 months its a decent time for him to implement his style.
Under normal circumstances, yes.

But he's stated plainly that he hasn't had a chance to implement his style, for reasons that are plausible enough to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, no offense, but I'm not about to go back and forth with someone who's calling for his head. You're entitled to do that, I prefer to give the poor bastard half a chance.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Sure he does, but he never criticizes the Glazers by name. It's about time he - and others like him - did.
He's talked about Woodward by name on numerous occasions, and how he's had his chance running the football side and needs to be replaced. IMO he's saying all the right things right now, more so than anyone else associated with the club.

Orestetes

If we do back him, I'm afraid we'll waste yet another season next year, and probably end up firing him at some point anyway.

Moriarty

He's talked about Woodward by name on numerous occasions, and how he's had his chance running the football side and needs to be replaced. IMO he's saying all the right things right now, more so than anyone else associated with the club.
He has never named the Glazers even though he must know they are responsible.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Sorry I typed into the middle of the my thread. What I meant was making up 10 points to finish top 4 as a minimum isnt that hard as we dropped 5 of those points in the last 2 games against relegated teams.
That is now understandable and I am sorry if I was a bit heavy on the criticism.
Been a desperately awful season ended with a shocking result.
Getting difficult to keep the faith.

red_de_pologne

It's interesting to think how they will give him a transfer budget whilst being completely unsure about him, nobody in the club can be confident he will deliver. What a mess.. the club will probably half back him and will sack him as soon as it will be 'acceptable'

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Yes let’s sack Ole now and let Woodward have all the say in transfers until we find a manager who will actually come here. Yall can forget about Poch btw.

SAFMUTD

So? Either we appointed him or we do not. When we appointed him, everyone here was happy. Any managers appointed should be given a full season at the very least.
We dont need to wait a full season to realize he is not up to it.

Most teams wait until the end of the season since the current one has already went to waste, well he just threw one season should be throw away another one?

Its cristal clear he is an accident waiting to happen, I dont see any way he will turn this around. This will only get worst and worst.

NJM78

I think like any top class player, a top class manager will only come here for huge wages. No other reason.

E-mal

OGS is not good enough, that much is clear. He is clueless just as the players in his disposal.
We need a reset button at this club, God help us.

Zlatattack

So knee jerk. I bet he wishes he hadn't had a decent run. We have shit players who are unfit compared to those at other top clubs.

Give him a season and then let's judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.