Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilcurt

It's time to go Ole, I wish he would be honourable and just walk away. This is just being dragged out now and will only end one way.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Awful subs.

WE actually managed to look worse after the subs, which is a hell of an achievement if you think about it.

AshRK

The thing is we may well have another purple patch and win some games but I am not happy with Ole as our manager. I want him to do well but we cannot be this inconsistent or put in a shambolic performance like this. He has to take a long look at himself and maybe do what's best for the club.

Gawge

It's time to go Ole, I wish he would be honourable and just walk away. This is just being dragged out now and will only end one way.
Why would he walk away from £millions? He certainly isn't getting another job at anything close to this level.

And good for him. As terrible a manager he is, doesn't make sense to turn down the best job you will ever have.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
We'll go for Poch, but I don't think it will be the right appointment. You are right though, he will do better than this and I'll take it.
Of course it won't be the same. This was the woman of our dreams, solskjaer. It was our childhood sweetheart. Nothing will be better than her regardless of how bad she was. We loved her, but things couldn't work out.

We will never love anyone as much, but love isn't the only element needed for a functioning two sided healthy relationship.

With regret, remorse and grey clouds in the sky... we move on.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He's done isn't he? I'm one of the biggest Ole inners but tonight was end of an era stuff. Felt like Van Gaal winter 2015. Although Van Gaal survived that so who knows..?
Nah, watch him beating Everton and buying himself another month or two. It is his story here for 2 years.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I feel for him. You put a cleaner at the helm of J.P Morgan and he will be exposed.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Of course it won't be the same. This was the woman of our dreams, solskjaer. It was our childhood sweetheart. Nothing will be better than her regardless of how bad she was. We loved her, but things couldn't work out.

We will never love anyone as much, but love isn't the only element needed for a functioning two sided healthy relationship.

With regret, remorse and grey clouds in the sky... we move on.

Please don’t try and turn this place into RAWK, it’s bad enough at the minute.

Water Melon

Ole looks lost out there. We somehow managed to lose to a geriatric team from Istanbul. He needs to resign really, but he won't as it will cost him millions. Although some of the posters on here were claiming that Solskjaer loves the club so much that he will resign if things go really south. Not gonna happen. Ed needs to fire him and never ever allow stupid romantism prevail over sound cool-headed judgment.

Mindhunter

Manager sacked after a protracted period of low performance and fan pressure.
Jubilant celebrations. Nothing can stop us now. Finally we will claim back our rightful place.
Fans: See results are better, it was the right decision.
Manager is clueless, doesn't know the United way, doesn't have the tactical acumen, doesn't have the support of the players...yada yada
Sack him, sack him!!
Sack him, sack him!!
Jubilant celebrations. Nothing can stop us now. Finally we will claim back our rightful place.
Rinse and repeat

Idxomer

Nah, watch him beating Everton and buying himself another month or two. It is his story here for 2 years.
The story has come to an end, there's a very slim chance he's going to beat Everton.

The best he'll do is a draw.

the chameleon

Time to move him on now. Legend for the club as a player. But being an ex-player doesn’t transfer over to being a good manager. He is pound for pound up there with the worst manager in the league.

I’ve put him up for being sacked in the poll for months. We may have a run of 5 games we win now, and then return to losing a few more. It doesn’t matter, I just don’t have any confidence in him giving us a sustainable run of games playing good and winning games to finish above 70+ points let alone getting 90+ points. He’s too inconsistent. The only difference between him and Moyes is that we have better players now.

We need a manager who make use of the decent squad we have and get us to finish above 75 points this year.

Idxomer

Fans: See results are better, it was the right decision.
Manager is clueless, doesn't know the United way, doesn't have the tactical acumen, doesn't have the support of the players...yada yada
Sack him, sack him!!
Sack him, sack him!!
Rinse and repeat
Nothing wrong with that till the club stumbles upon the right manager.

Becks00

Watch him win against all odds now this weekend.
But seriously, think his done all he can with this team now and I have patiently reserved judgement with him for a while but I don't think he can take us any further as the coach. I do believe we should retain him in some capacity at the club though, either as part of the transfer committee or the technical director everyone has been clamoring for( which by the way I don't think is necessary for the success of a club) because his vision for the club is excellent and he seems to know the right kind of players to bring into the club, just might not be the best person to coach them though. But I strongly believe ole should still be involved in the football affairs of the club.

If he his not going to be removed as the first team manager, then get him a coach who knows his stuff because am not confident Phelan and Carrick are up to it.

lilcurt

Why would he walk away from £millions? He certainly isn't getting another job at anything close to this level.

And good for him. As terrible a manager he is, doesn't make sense to turn down the best job you will ever have.
He states he always acts in the best interests of the club, not himself. That has been his excuse for so many short term woes. Best thing he could do for the club is walk away.

AJ Bullet

Well we can sack him (and we might actually now) but we are still stuck with these dead players for the next few years so it means nowt.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The story has come to an end, there's a very slim chance he's going to beat Everton.

The best he'll do is a draw.
Every summer we keep saying that Jones will be sold. Some plsyers and managers are just survivors. And we have some brilliant players who can produce some magic then and there.
Watch us against Everton. We will park the bus, it will be ugly game and we will score some goal from corner or Everton's mistake.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He states he always acts in the best interests of the club, not himself. That has been his excuse for so many short term woes. Best thing he could do for the club is walk away.
Yeah, that was the most fun part about him. Many die hard Ole fans said that Ole loves club so much that he will leave by himself.
He will never leave. Absolutely never. We can go on run of 10 defeats but hexwill not resign. Because till last moment he will believe that he can change things.

Roboc7

He’s desperate, has no clear plan and has failed to establish any identity. Now just case of throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks quick enough for him not to be sacked.

arnie_ni

Can someone please explain his subs?

Why tuanzabe? Way to kill his confidence.

Why vdb? He was the only one that could pass?

Ludens the Red

I thought Saturday was insane in terms of the total lack of a plan/formation/tactic/subs...
Just been taken up a notch tonight. Sometimes I get the feeling Ole makes subs just because.. like it hits a certain period in a game and he’ll make subs based on what he’s decided before the game.

That first goal doesn’t surprise me. I’ve long suspected our coaches don’t watch or pay attention or even know what’s going on in our games. That first goal proves it. Why the feck was nobody pointing out Ba was completely free?

Dinghy

When that's the response he gets out of these players after that Arsenal-game it's probably time to move on. And no, Poch is still not the one.

MattofManchester

It must be frustrating for some players under his tenure, the lack of fairness.

Takes Tuanzebe off after 45 minutes for mistakes. Maguire has been calamitous in the past and yet still plays every game. There's a few others who seem to get that treatment as well.

Mindhunter

Nothing wrong with that till the club stumbles upon the right manager.
Assuming that's the manager is what's wrong with the club and a few trial and error loops along with some millions will fix the problem. Have you considered the possibility that the manager may not be the problem?

Idxomer

Assuming that's the manager is what's wrong with the club and a few trial and error loops along with some millions will fix the problem. Have you considered the possibility that the manager may not be the problem?
I know the manager isn't the only problem, but right now he's the biggest one.

Pearl's a minger

Why are we always so slow to react?? Personally, I never wanted him to get the job full stop. The club dither around delaying the inevitable,it's not worked out unfortunately so cut our losses. At no other top club in the world would this man still be in a job after 2 years and roughly £300 million spent only to regularly serve up embarrasing dross week after week. He's out of his depth and he's tarnishing his legacy.

SemiPro

You watch a game like that and wonder have we really improved since Ole took over? We’re not going to compete at the highest level again unless we can sustain consistent performances for longer than 2/3 weeks at a time and at the end of the day that’s the managers job to get that from his squad

I’d rather we bring in someone now instead of spending another season or two on Ole and still see no progress.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I feel for him. You put a cleaner at the helm of J.P Morgan and he will be exposed.
we've consistently struggled to create and score enough quality chances under every coach post Fergie. We’ve nearly always struggled against the low block. We had a purple patch when Ole came in and during the lockdown run due to certain players hitting top form together but apart from that it mostly just looks like we have no idea how to break teams down and how to attack as a unit. It’s a mixture of bad coaching and recruitment and it has to change. The recruitment finally looks like it’s changing and now we need to start playing modern pressing attacking football or we will get left behind even further.

UpWithRivers

Ole plays like you do in the early stages of the FA cup . You throw a few players together and you change the system around caus heck its Bristol City and you want all your players to get a game. Maybe try something crazy and put a midfielder in as CB. Sometimes it works and you score a bag full and everyone thinks your players are great even that new 17 year old from the academy. Sometimes you scrape a win but not play well but there are loads of excuses lined up. And sometimes you just look shocking and get beat. This is how we play. No fixed team. No fixed system. No fixed plan. Thats why you get shocks in the FA cup and a 500 pound team beats a multi million pound team. Except Ole is doing it in the Champions league and the Prem! Thats why we are all over the place. Up and down and up and up and down. Like a friggin yo yo. Thats why class players look world class one minute and then bang average the next.
It also goes for signings. There is no plan. Its like just picking randomly. VDB is class but what is the plan with him? Why did we buy him? Why buy Bruno when you knew Pogba was coming back and did he seriously think they could play together? Really? Or was it just a panic buy to save the season and now we have no idea what to do with both of them. Where is our RW? And on and on. We could be here all night. Its as if hes making it up as he goes along.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Awful subs.

WE actually managed to look worse after the subs, which is a hell of an achievement if you think about it.
Absolute rubbish.
McTominay, Fosu Mensah were good, but Cavani and Greenwood never got in the game, but I agree about Pogba, we lost a lot when he replaced VDB, the only player who moved, and looked incisive, Pogba was slow, got tackled or lost the ball a lot, and misplaced a lot of passes.

TrustInOle

Been a staunch Ole fan but I must admit, it's getting hard to back him currently. Get the feeling he maybe losing the dressing room, which only ever ends one way.

Had high hopes with some of the runs we had had under his tenure but it's becoming to common of an occurance that we are getting outwitted by sides that don't give us enough space.

Web of Bissaka

Hmm? This is odd, I actually find his player selections this time to be sensible. Seriously.

It didn't work, and he made quick adjustments as soon as possible. Maybe he could've made it early in the first half, not during half time. My only criticism is not playing Greenwood who is good in this type of game - we need his ability to score from outside the box.

That said, this game prove again and again of how bad we were coached. It's like a bunch of footballers not knowing how to play football with each other, it's like we've just assembled this team. How long have they been playing and training together now? Terrible.

And of course once he lost 1&2 goals, only then he decided to do his job - standing up and stay on the touchline communicating with his players, instead of sitting down lazily.

CM10

The team selection and shape were wrong from the get go, and the subs weren't really any better. That should've been a routine win and we paid the price by playing a horribly unbalanced team.

Status
Not open for further replies.