Ole Gunnar Solskjær | Managerial Watch | Reports: Being considered for Canada job

stevoc

He's no Guardiola but he's a legendary player and did a very good job as manager. A true club legend.
Going off some of the shite written on this forum you honesty wouldn't think so. Some seem more fond of David fecking Moyes.

Sviken

I'm sorry, but the people that say Ole can't get a job in the PL are out of their minds and I wasn't his biggest fan as a manager to say the least... He's better than more than half the dross that is in the league.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ole came in having to dump two overpaid flops in Lukaku and Sanchez, had Martial and Rashford as his main attackers (both fringe players under Jose) and regularly had to play Lingard and Andreas Pereira as key attackers in his starting line up.

Louis's attack when he joined was Van Persie, Rooney, Chicharito, Welbeck. He had Nani, Zaha and Valencia on the wings and brought in Di Maria and Falcao straight away. Yet he regularly produced some of the most tumescent football ever seen at Old Trafford.

There is no doubt that Ole was a better fit for United than he would be for other clubs but he did a better job at United than Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho who moved on to get some pretty impressive gigs afterwards.

So, it was a tough enviromnent and he did a very good job and he should be very proud of that.

He's no Guardiola but he's a legendary player and did a very good job as manager. A true club legend.
You obviously are overrating certain players under LVG like for instance Rooney (who was clearly finished) and Wellback, as well as RVP (who was finished due to injuries). Falcao was also badly injured.

El Jefe

I'm sorry, but the people that say Ole can't get a job in the PL are out of their minds and I wasn't his biggest fan as a manager to say the least... He's better than more than half the dross that is in the league.
Well that's just not true is it and that's without counting Rodgers, Conte and Potter who just left and he still wouldn't crack the top 10. Not even close.

Cassidy

Ole is better than more than half the managers in the PL, are you sure? I think he could get a PL job, Lampard and Gerrard did so why not. But there are some very good managers in the PL alot better than Ole

POF

You obviously are overrating certain players under LVG like for instance Rooney (who was clearly finished) and Wellback, as well as RVP (who was finished due to injuries). Falcao was also badly injured.
They were good enough to run away with the league just 12 months before Van Gaal was appointed.

Van Gaal was the one who was supposed to get the best out of RVP after he was misused by Moyes.

R'hllor

Ole better than half of PL coaches :lol:, anyone who cares for their football club wouldnt touch him with a barge pool, if Bermuda triangle was a person, he would be it.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Ole better than half of PL coaches :lol:, anyone who cares for their football club wouldnt touch him with a barge pool, if Bermuda triangle was a person, he would be it.
Maybe a club out there just wants the vibesss

Dan_F

LvG sold Welbeck and Hernandez and chose to loan Falcao instead. He also replaced Jonny Evans with Rojo, then decided to refresh the squad with Schneiderlin, broken Schweinsteiger, Darmian etc.

There was definitely some big issues with the squad that Fergie left behind, and we effectively lost a year with Moyes, but Van Gaal chose to rip out the heart of that team, and I think a lot of the struggles have come from there culturally. It would have been interesting to see what Ten Hag could have done with that team.

Cassidy

They were good enough to run away with the league just 12 months before Van Gaal was appointed.

Van Gaal was the one who was supposed to get the best out of RVP after he was misused by Moyes.
Injuries

Cassidy

LvG sold Welbeck and Hernandez and chose to loan Falcao instead. He also replaced Jonny Evans with Rojo, then decided to refresh the squad with Schneiderlin, broken Schweinsteiger, Darmian etc.

There was definitely some big issues with the squad that Fergie left behind, and we effectively lost a year with Moyes, but Van Gaal chose to rip out the heart of that team, and I think a lot of the struggles have come from there culturally. It would have been interesting to see what Ten Hag could have done with that team.
It needed ripping out. The club chose to skimp on the replacements and only started seriously investing once Jose arrived.

LVG was flawed, but not point pretending the squad was better then, it wasn’t

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Time for this man to take a job in Saudi and start buying players like Fred and Bailly for £30m a pop. One last favour for us Ole, come on.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Time for this man to take a job in Saudi and start buying players like Fred and Bailly for £30m a pop. One last favour for us Ole, come on.
Favour? He should take most of his signings and say "Sorry, i was wrong".

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Favour? He should take most of his signings and say "Sorry, i was wrong".
I must have short memory. Didn’t know he needlessly spent 50 mil on Fred and also bought the completely useless Bailly.
Well at least we got some money back for Pogba and Sanchez, oh wait …

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Only 2 of Ole’s signings would be “old” enough and “not needed at United” so could potentially go to SA - Maguire and Telles.
The others are either too good for SA (Varane) or way too young to go there (AWB, VdB, Amad, Facundo, Sancho).

Edit: Ffs, forgot his best signing Bruno who also would be too good for SA

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
This man got us 3rd and 2nd + a European cup final with midfield of Fred and McTominey, and a back three of de gea, maguire and lindeloff.

He's better than Saudi Arabia.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I must have short memory. Didn’t know he needlessly spent 50 mil on Fred and also bought the completely useless Bailly.
Well at least we got some money back for Pogba and Sanchez, oh wait …
Flawless strawman there. :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This man got us 3rd and 2nd + a European cup final with midfield of Fred and McTominey, and a back three of de gea, maguire and lindeloff.

He's better than Saudi Arabia.
Depends. Is Norway league (which is his level) better than Saudi league?

Last edited:

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
You guys are so harsh. What Ole worked out that seems to have eluded other top tier managers like Pep, Klopp and Ancelotti is that the key to football is scoring goals. What most teams fail to do when they are near to an opponent's goal, is to try and then kick the ball into the opponents goal. Ole's genius was seeing that this was the masterstroke being missed by so many top teams. When you are near the goal, you must try and kick the ball into that goal. If you don't try and kick the ball into the goal, you are likely not to score as many goals. Yeah it may seem blinding fecking obvious, but sometimes it takes a great mind to make these simple truths so obviously clear. This is what Ole gave us.

dann496

Ole brought Molde to win their league so he shall have decent managerial skill. He might not be a United manager but shall still able to get manager job at any decent Europe club.

Irrational.

You guys are so harsh. What Ole worked out that seems to have eluded other top tier managers like Pep, Klopp and Ancelotti is that the key to football is scoring goals. What most teams fail to do when they are near to an opponent's goal, is to try and then kick the ball into the opponents goal. Ole's genius was seeing that this was the masterstroke being missed by so many top teams. When you are near the goal, you must try and kick the ball into that goal. If you don't try and kick the ball into the goal, you are likely not to score as many goals. Yeah it may seem blinding fecking obvious, but sometimes it takes a great mind to make these simple truths so obviously clear. This is what Ole gave us.
You missed the other crucial part that is oft overlooked by football theologians. He did all of the above whilst at the same time trying to prevent the opposition placing the ball into his own goal. He had men specifically placed on the goal line to prevent this.

He truly was a visionary of his time.

ScholesyTheWise

How do any manager applies to any job? I thought they get called or something
Well, many of them (most of them?) have agents,
who you'd expect to be offering their clients to clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if agents, via their connections or whatnot, know before we peasants do, that club X is considering replacing managers for whatever reasons. And then they can maybe step in and offer the club to consider a manager they otherwise wouldn't have thought of?

It's hard to imagine that managers' agents are only there to negotiate contracts after some club calls the manager.

But yeah, the part about applying for a job is a weird one.
do you send a club that already has a manager a presentation of your ideas as a manager,
and get an email that they've saved it and will get back to you if it was ever relevant?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The disrespect towards Ole really is one of the most disappointing things I've come across in football.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
That last minute CL winner landed him the job. And we carried him. It was a nightmare and its over. Still love him but thank god he is gone. The number of top clubs lining up to hire him is telling.