Pardew Draft - QF - Zlatan vs Big Dunk

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
ZLATAN:

BIG DUNK:

ZLATAN TACTICS:

Another attacking line up, may aswell try and test big dunks defence and try to out score him, as solid as it looks.

brought zizinho back in to provide some width and try to pin Marcelo back as much as possible or exploit the space left behind. Mbappe starting wider this time but will make the runs in behind and link with Romario with zico the main man in the middle, I’m sure Dunga will have his hands full trying To contain him.

brought Bryan robson into midfield to provide more box to box legs next to gerson with gerson sitting more and controlling the play.

same defence as last round, solid centre back pairing with support provided by attacking fullbacks.

little upgrade on the keeper too, fear the ponytail

BIG DUNK TACTICS:

Formation:
winning the battle centrally is key due to our opponent's shape, so Beckham is tucked in, and Gullit joins our attack in a reinforced 4-3-3.
Playstyle: invite teams forward, then make swift counter-attacks.

Dynamic attack – an abundance in goals, fluid movement, creativity and link-up play
Fantasista Roberto Baggio and total footballer Ruud Gullit play behind legendary centre-forward Alan Shearer. Baggio is a world class playmaker (elite vision, creativity, crossing accuracy and passing ability), who will be employed as the left supporting forward. Baggio has the positional freedom to pull wide, cut in, drive forward and drop deep, drawing on the Italian’s tactical versatility and intelligence. Baggio will create space for Marcelo's overlapping runs and Scholes' late runs into the box. Gullit's combined physical and technical skillls are phenomonal, possessing grace and balance. Gullit is also given positional freedom to move in both wide and central areas (high and deep). Shearer’s strength, goalscoring instincts, excellent reactions, heading ability and strong shot made him a prolific centre-forward. Shearer was not a one-dimensional striker though – Shearer will provide chances for Baggio and Gullit, making runs into space and offering excellent link-up play and high work-rate. I do not think our opponent will be able to handle Shearer, Gullit, Passarella and Vierchowod at set-pieces.

Complete midfield – a balanced midfield trio full of tenacity, high work-rate, intelligence and creativity
In Scholes-Dunga-Beckham we have a dynamic midfield trio in the heart of our team. Scholes will control the tempo of play: possessing an extraordinary range of passing, link-up play, calmness and ability to retain possession under pressure. Both Scholes and Beckham can function in a deep creative role as well as in a box-to-box role, drawing on their excellent awareness, positional sense and excellent game management. Our midfield can initiate dangerous attacking plays after winning back possession. Dunga will be a very effective holding-enforcer protecting the back line and covering for when Marcelo or Passarella move forward. A ball-winner and deep-lying playmaker rolled into one, Dunga possesses composure on the ball, exceptional vision and pinpoint-accuracy when he makes long passes. Beckham’s range of passing, vision and crossing ability will enable him to create countless chances for his teammates. Beckham can operate in outside channels too (with Gullit moving inside and Gentile being a more reserved fullback than Marcelo). Shearer getting on the end of Beckham’s crosses and passes will be a favourable route to a goal. I do not think our opponent's midfield and attack can match the workrate and tenacity of our 6.

Defensive solidity – a formidable defensive line to break down play and win back possession
Passarella and Vierchowod are my classic ball-playing/stopper centreback partnership. ‘El Gran Capitán’ has immense leadership ability and organisational prowess. Passarella will join the attack and help generate and finish offensive plays. Dominant in the air both defensively and in attack. Passarella was a commanding sweeper who is the perfect leader for my team and foil alongside Pietro Vierchowod, his tenacious centre-back partner. Vierchowod possessed great pace and was a very effective stopper: drawing on his immense strength, tight marking of opponents and hard tackling. Beckham will appreciate that Passarella and Vierchowod are both very strong in the air, experts at scoring goals from headers.

My right back is Claudio Gentile, a tough, strong and tenacious defender: a hard-tackling fullback who was a worldclass man-marker. Marcelo is an elite playmaking fullback, giving us the required attacking, crossing and link-up quality required for the new 4-3-3 formation. Marcelo and Passarella's relationship will be similar to the counter-attacking partnership of Cabrini-Scirea. We will never over commit numbers going forward.

Peter Schmeichel is my complete goalkeeper: a physically imposing keeper, who possessed excellent reflexes, athleticism and agility. The Great Dane’s shot-stopping ability, organisation skills, expert positioning and command of his area will instil confidence in his back line. His ball distribution will be key too: we will utilise his ability to launch swift counter-attacks with his long and accurate throws and kicks. Our team spine is full of captains and leaders, adding to our mental strength.

prolifik

Think Zlatan would have been better off dropping Zizinho and playing a diamond with Zico behind Mbappe and Romario. It's just too top-heavy a setup against a team of Dunk's quality, especially with Gerson not being a great ball-winner in that deep midfield role.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Think Zlatan would have been better off dropping Zizinho and playing a diamond with Zico behind Mbappe and Romario. It's just too top-heavy a setup against a team of Dunk's quality, especially with Gerson not being a great ball-winner in that deep midfield role.
I think you’re right and I did think about that I just didn’t know how I’d line up robson kimmich and gerson. My ideal was mbappe and Romario with zico behind them and it was just working around that. I wasn’t too keen on my reinforcement options tbh

prolifik

I think you’re right and I did think about that I just didn’t know how I’d line up robson kimmich and gerson. My ideal was mbappe and Romario with zico behind them and it was just working around that. I wasn’t too keen on my reinforcement options tbh
Yeah they weren't great considering you also needed to replace Areola in goal.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Don't really love Scholes or Gentile role in BD team. Awkward fits.

The Gerson-Robson duo also feels a bit lacking in the defensive side. Too much emphasis on Robbo to play his natural game.

BDs better defense edges this for me.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates

The Gerson-Robson duo also feels a bit lacking in the defensive side. Too much emphasis on Robbo to play his natural game.

It would restrict Robbo's game a but he would do very well partnering Gerson. Robbo once played DM alongside Glen Hoddle in a midfield 2 for England.

Enigma_87

You know who

yeah share the same thoughts although as @Physiocrat said it's not very unfamiliar role to Robbo. And while restricted still I think it will be a good fit for Gerson. I see it as Gerson as DLP and Robbo as the B2B next to him which is generally a good fit.
In the same time Marcelo next to Passarella seems a bit less optimal, especially given Marcelo will play his natural game as main width provider on the left.

On Zlatan team I definitely would've preferred Mbappe on the right rather than Zizinho.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Good win @BIG DUNK all the best in next round.

Thanks who ever voted for my team, I didn’t expect any, I was never comfortable with my team and fecked up the midfield, I’ll let zlatan jr do my next team:wenger: