Pardew Draft - R1 - Pnut vs Sjor

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
P-NUT:

SJOR:

P-NUT TACTICS:

Tight at the back, nice and direct in attack.

Utilise the passing range of Baresi and Carrick to get forward quickly. Bale and Ginola to have floating roles where they can get close to Van Basten and combine.

SJOR TACTICS:

Overload the wings with double team as p-nut will either go narrow up front with Bale floating around Van Basten or with Ginola on the left and Bale on the right, neither of who tracks back much. Double team of Krol Dzajic and Amoros Futre should be way to much for Benarrivo and Walker. Even if he starts Maldini on the left reckon 2v1 he would struggle against that level of opposition.
Lerby and Tigana will provide cover and stay in the middle to control the midfield where we have the upper hand.
Van Basten is best player on the pitch but Rio and Mozer are strong, fast and fantastic in the air so you cant ask a better combo for the GOAT.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Back 5 seems unnecessary for PNut.
Just switch Bennarivo to RB and he can do the nearly the same output you get from Walker.
Play Erikson instead and it would add a lot to both midfield and attack.

For Sjor, Ivic seems to be a dud. Are there any players in the XI that have played under him? Still a well put together team, if only lacking a bit of star power. Tactically solid.
And how do Mozer and Schuster qualify under West Ham/Ivic?

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
For Sjor, Ivic seems to be a dud. Are there any players in the XI that have played under him? Still a well put together team, if only lacking a bit of star power. Tactically solid.
And how do Mozer and Schuster qualify under West Ham/Ivic?
not sure if serious, half of the team is obviously from Ivic though yeah, no GOATs available. Still think its a great attack with Dzajic, Futre and ever underrated Tevez.

Mozer and Ivic in Benfica, Schuster in Atletico.

BIG DUNK

Tank
Back 5 seems unnecessary for PNut.
Agreed, P-NUT had a ready made Sacchi all-time back four: Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta & Benarrivo. Benarrivo is closer to a wingback profile than Walker, who's strictly a right back for me based on his strengths. Carrick will naturally sit deeper too. P-NUT would have benefited by having another body in central midfield instead as SJOR's midfield trio would be very dominant here versus P-NUT's long-ball and direct style. SJOR's edge on control and possession only bolstered by the ball-playing ability of his back four, like Krol and Rio.

I usually favour Futre on the left wing, but him cutting in on the right wing complements Amoros' overlapping runs.

There is a big difference in ability between MVB and Tevez, but I think Tevez would actually be more involved in this game, as his team is a more succinct and balanced unit.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
good game @P-Nut , you went just a bit too defensive when there was no need for it considering the quality of your defenders...if you had a true great instead Ginola then maybe :)

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
good game @P-Nut , you went just a bit too defensive when there was no need for it considering the quality of your defenders...if you had a true great instead Ginola then maybe :)
Yeah I should have done some more research before we started on who could pick who. Plus checked what picks I'd already made before randomly picking someone after realising it was my turn.