Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Agent Nedved is pushing him to re-join Juve… a number of sources are now confirming that a formal meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow: PSG offering €12m/year net, Juve €8m/year net + bonuses… it is on him, now.

Between Juve and PSG I think he’ll choose PSG. One more big paycheck, higher chance of winning trophies since it’s a one team league, gets to play with world class players. He’s already won the Italian league so not sure why he’d want to go back there despite how much he likes Juve.

Pickle85

He has been a spectacular waste of money hasn't he. Brilliant player on his day and seems a good bloke to boot (despite the flirting with other clubs) but that day is increasingly rare. Won't be sad to see him gone but a shame it didn't work.

Castia

Lets have it right he left on a free transfer then re-joined costing us 90m and has been a complete failure. Mediocre performances coupled with a terrible injury record he never seemed 100% focused on United.

He will always have the world cup win nobody can take that away but he's been a average player for years now. A midfielder who cant actually play midfield, he needs a DM and a whole back line built around him so he can get on the ball and do some stupid shit before falling over and losing it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lets have it right he left on a free transfer then re-joined costing us 90m and has been a complete failure. Mediocre performances coupled with a terrible injury record he never seemed 100% focused on United.

He will always have the world cup win nobody can take that away but he's been a average player for years now. A midfielder who cant actually play midfield, he needs a DM and a whole back line built around him so he can get on the ball and do some stupid shit before falling over and losing it.
His first few years were absolutely fine, but since the Jose situation then the ankle injury and covid he's not been the same.

He had a great first year with us, he and Ibra literally carried us all season.

Lets not forget he was also our top scorer + assister in 1 year also.

Has he been inconsistent? yes, but definitely not a failure. You can blame United for not filling the team with better players in his prime like they promised.

He's definitely lost some speed/fitness now though which is effecting him.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
His first few years were absolutely fine, but since the Jose situation then the ankle injury and covid he's not been the same.

Has he been inconsistent? yes, but definitely not a failure. You can blame United for not filling the team with better players in his prime like they promised.

Exactly this. There is always a lot of hate towards Pogba's attitude, work ethic etc but the reality is that he is a talented player who helped us in some occasions.

Adam-Utd

Exactly this. There is always a lot of hate towards Pogba's attitude, work ethic etc but the reality is that he is a talented player who helped us in some occasions.
People quite fairly ended up disliking him with all the Raiola BS and I do think that's a major stain on his career.

Without that people would think differently I feel.

DevilRed

It sounds like nobody is offering him the mega wages he initially thought they would. Other than psg of course, but who wants to play in a farmers league.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Sounds about right. He was very good for two seasons and Oles run. He’s been poor the last two seasons really. Poor, injured, not motivated and annoying. This has been the most drawn out exit I can remember at this club. Not worth anywhere close to what he thinks he is anymore.

DevilRed

Best season for me is when Ole first came. He was unplayable and also looked like he genuinely cared.

Then untimely injuries kept derailing his season. I remember when we were top of the league a season (or two?) ago and he got injured in Jan/Feb against fulham. I knew it would cost us any semblance of a title charge right there and then. He was our best player at the time.

Lee565

Whilst I am not supporting the idea of extending their contracts I am a little surprised that a lot of players leaving for free this summer like matic, lingard and pogba have not even been willing to have a talk with ten hag first, I mean juventus are hardly doing anything great themselves in the past few seasons and have barely clinched a champions league spot for two seasons now and jumping from one managerial failure to another.

Psg makes sense as it would bulk up pogba's league title winners medals, can't imagine they will do great in the champions league though if they lose mbappe.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

That was 2018/19. He was playing really well till March. Then he went mouthing off on an international week about leaving. He was rubbish for the top 4 run in.

Sviken

He has been a spectacular waste of money hasn't he. Brilliant player on his day and seems a good bloke to boot (despite the flirting with other clubs) but that day is increasingly rare. Won't be sad to see him gone but a shame it didn't work.
He never grew up from his youth days. He has all the skills in the world to be one of the best midfielders, but none of the attitude to do so. I won't be so harsh as to say that he has been one of our worst transfers. Aside from his first season where he was good, he has been an absolute failure otherwise and spent half his career here injured and on vacations.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Between Juve and PSG I think he’ll choose PSG. One more big paycheck, higher chance of winning trophies since it’s a one team league, gets to play with world class players. He’s already won the Italian league so not sure why he’d want to go back there despite how much he likes Juve.
If he really wants to try and resurrect his desire for a couple of years, then Juve is a more challenging but also more rewarding prospect for a fading star maybe. Adding that I am not sure PSG is a happier place, right now. As a fan, I am indifferently invested in him… he would just be an upgrade on what we have, in almost any capacity.

DutchCruijff

Juventus would be an awful place to move to.

Significantly behind Milan and Inter now.

Ronaldo and Dybala (soon) have jumped ship, De Ligt will leave this or next summer too.

Bonucci is ageing, Chiellini is gone Sandro and Cuadrado are old enough as it is, and their midfield reeks - Rabiot, McKennie and Arthur etc are bog standard.

The only bright spots are Chiesa, Locatelli and Vlahovic.

Everyone else is mediocre or too old. They're scraping the barrel going for a 34yo Di Maria and crock Pogba.

Marcus

Please god no, get him out of the club
Ok, I am caving a bit. If he can play in the ETH system and then manager wants to work with him so we don't have to fork out crazy money and can spend on other positions, I guess ok. But he is a huge risk to retain if ETH wants to change the culture of the club.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's obvious Man Utd are offering him a better contract than he'd get elsewhere. This is his last big payday.

MDFC Manager

I'd not be averse to keep him, but only if we are unable to get some good midfielders in.

Teja

Just get rid. We can never play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or whatever with him and Bruno in the same side.

One of them has to get shafted to the left (where Sancho is just beginning to find his feet). I do think Pogba is much more talented than Bruno but he doesn't show the same heart / desire when he puts on the shirt.

romufc

We should tell him sorry, the contract offer that was on the table in July is now off the table.

We need players that want to play for the club, help us build for trophies. It is obvious he would only stay because no one wants him and we offered him the most. Not the best way to start a new tenure.

Adam-Utd

Look at who's tweeting it ffs. The guys have no clue what is going on.

If Pogba was staying it would have been decided by now. Clearly the club are happy moving him on and he is happy to leave.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Agent Nedved is pushing him to re-join Juve… a number of sources are now confirming that a formal meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow: PSG offering €12m/year net, Juve €8m/year net + bonuses… it is on him, now.

Noi andiamo a Torino

Tavern in the town

Feel like I’m in the minority here but I think he’d be a massive loss. By all accounts we’ve offered him the most lucrative contract and he hasn’t signed it for a year so it’s clearly not a money issue, he genuinely wants to make something of his career. Surely that’s encouraging.

SAFMUTD

Surely he's having trouble finding someone willing to match his current wages, never mind improving them.

Hopefully we are not that dumb, Ten Hag seems a reckless guy so I don't think he'll fall for it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I am completely fine with him staying provided we sign FDJ and a DM. Atleast, we will now have a capable team with full of quality.

Come on , you can't have enough quality midfielders.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Juventus would be an awful place to move to.

Significantly behind Milan and Inter now.

Ronaldo and Dybala (soon) have jumped ship, De Ligt will leave this or next summer too.

Bonucci is ageing, Chiellini is gone Sandro and Cuadrado are old enough as it is, and their midfield reeks - Rabiot, McKennie and Arthur etc are bog standard.

The only bright spots are Chiesa, Locatelli and Vlahovic.

Everyone else is mediocre or too old. They're scraping the barrel going for a 34yo Di Maria and crock Pogba.
And De ligt would all start for us. That’s half a team. We are definitely a bit grim though.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Really want a decision made here whether he will leave or stay as a player of his profile will largely affect our plans as if you like him or not he is very talented and if motivated and buys into the manager with a proper midfield next to him, we will see the benefit.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way saying he isn't liable for past performances but I do think we could get a more consistent version of him if the manager wants him and he has a solid nailed down position, play style as I hope with most of our team.

afrocentricity

Don't mind if he stays, don't mind if he goes. Posters always get emotional on here but there's a good player that's about to walk on a free, if the manager see's a place for him in our team then I would rather he stays.