PCC elections (England)

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Can someone explain to me why I should be choosing the Police and Crime Commissioner in my area?

Is this a sheriff, like Roscoe P Coltrane in the Dukes of Hazard?

Is a Policeman a political appointment and, if so, why?
Don't bother.
The PCC for Avon and Somerset holds an online questionnaire every year to (so say) ask the public for their views on how much they are prepared to pay extra for funding of the police.
And every year he ignores the questionnaire responses and puts it up by how much he wanted.

If there is a vote for the PCC, I will certainly vote against him.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It’s not a policeman, just another layer of bureaucracy between Whitehall and the cops, but localised.

Funnily enough I had my polling card in the post today. I had no idea this election was on the agenda and I have no intention of voting.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
It’s not a policeman, just another layer of bureaucracy between Whitehall and the cops, but localised.

Funnily enough I had my polling card in the post today. I had no idea this election was on the agenda and I have no intention of voting.
I had mine a few days ago.

There's a link to the website, so you can see who's standing, but the list doesn't come out for a couple of weeks yet.

So I have a poll card for an election which I don't understand why I need to vote for and I have no idea who the candidates are.

Did people vote for Cressida Dick, btw?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I had mine a few days ago.

There's a link to the website, so you can see who's standing, but the list doesn't come out for a couple of weeks yet.

So I have a poll card for an election which I don't understand why I need to vote for and I have no idea who the candidates are.

Did people vote for Cressida Dick, btw?
From Wikipedia;
A police and crime commissioner is an elected official in England and Wales responsible for generally overseeing police forces. A police, fire and crime commissioner(PFCC) is an elected official in England responsible for generally overseeing both police forces and fire services. Commissioners replaced now-abolished police authorities.
Hope this helps. This is the government website article
https://www.gov.uk/police-and-crime-commissioners

More in for here too.
https://choosemypcc.org.uk/about-pccs/

Cressida Dick is no longer Met. Commisioner, that is now Mark Rowley - that position is appointed by the Home Secretary rather than voted for.
In areas with an elected Mayor (Greater Manchester for example) it is them who hold the responsibility of a PCC.