PL Fantasy Draft - THE FINAL: FortBoyard vs KM

Which team do you think would win the PL Fantasy Draft Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Rood said:

Full rules and original draft order on show here:
https://www.redcafe.net/f7/redcafe-...y-draft-picks-thread-only-232144/#post5635445

When voting for the team you think would win the match, keep the following in mind from the original rules:
"When selecting a player, it is important to remember that you are only picking them on their Premiership/Premier League form, i.e. if you pick Gullit, you get his form in England only, not Italy or Holland!

Take your pick for which team will be crowned Fantasy Draft Champ:

FortBoyard - BBB FC ....vs.....KM - The KM Allstars
The big final is er, finally here...let's have your votes...who will take it?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This is going to be a great match.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I've voted KM for his better CBs, but still think I've the better side. :(

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Are we going to do another one? If we do I propose a new draft system where individuals rank their desired players in order of preference in their position, and the order in which they want players by position chosen, which are submitted simultaneously.

Basically to speed up the beginning and facilitate more people.

Cal?

CR7 fan
TBGB, that would require an independent organizer who's not involved in the game, not sure there will be any volunteers for the job.

Also, it also takes away the fun of trying to lure your oppositions into picking players in positions you've already filled, etc...

Anyway, I'm up for running another draft if anyone has any great ideas on what to pick?

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
TBGB, that would require an independent organizer who's not involved in the game, not sure there will be any volunteers for the job.

Also, it also takes away the fun of trying to lure your oppositions into picking players in positions you've already filled, etc...

Anyway, I'm up for running another draft if anyone has any great ideas on what to pick?
I would do it.

I think it makes it much more interesting and tactical picking a team, you would have to put great emphasis on the order in which you pick players from a certain position, let alone the order in which you preference players. Plus it makes it more straightforward in starting things off, as opposed to allocating 11 days for every person to pick their side.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Are we going to do another one? If we do I propose a new draft system where individuals rank their desired players in order of preference in their position, and the order in which they want players by position chosen, which are submitted simultaneously.

Basically to speed up the beginning and facilitate more people.
how exactly will that work then?

could be worth a try as something different

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Boyard - his team is amazing. A front three that would give any defence nightmares, a good trio in the middle mixing flair with steel, two full-backs who can attack effectively as well as defend, two solid centre-backs (though arguably underachievers) and Tim Flowers was ace at Blackburn in the 90's.

Vieira vs. Keane would be interesting as ever, but I'd back Fabregas to mug off the Romford Pele, whom I never particularly rated that highly. I think Sagna and Kanchelskis would get the better of Bridge and Okocha comfortably, too.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
how exactly will that work then?

could be worth a try as something different
You would list the order in which you would want your positions filled, and for each position you would list player preferences in rank order from which you would get your most preferred choices not already allocated to somebody else.

That is the quickest and most comprehensive way to come up with teams, and adds another level of strategy to select teams. The idea woukd be for everybody to submit selections at the same time.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
So lets say there are 16 sides, lets say everybody wants to select their goalkeeper first, the first person would get their most desired player whereas the sixteenth could potentially get their sixteenth choice keeper.

However if that sixteenth person had chosen to get a striker first, they would get their first choice.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
if I have understood correctly then that is a bit shit because basically the person who goes first has a massive advantage and vice versa

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
if I have understood correctly then that is a bit shit because basically the person who goes first has a massive advantage and vice versa

You wouldn't get to choose one by one, you would have to submit everything in one go, and the order in which teams had players chosen would not be determined until after.

So you would determine the order in which your positions were filled, and would have full control over your preferences abd ranking of them. For instance, if you were 8/16 to have your first player selected, you want a striker and your first choice is Shearer whereas 16/16 also has a striker first and has Bergkamp first then the latter is more likely to be successful in actually getting what they want.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
You wouldn't get to choose one by one, you would have to submit everything in one go, and the order in which teams had players chosen would not be determined until after.

So you would determine the order in which your positions were filled, and would have full control over your preferences abd ranking of them. For instance, if you were 8/16 to have your first player selected, you want a striker and your first choice is Shearer whereas 16/16 also has a striker first and has Bergkamp first then the latter is more likely to be successful in actually getting what they want.
what does that mean? will the order change from round to round?

otherwise there is still the advantage to those higher up the picking order, especially since some positions are more important than others - all sounds a bit complicated to me for no good reason.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea

otherwise there is still the advantage to those higher up the picking order, especially since some positions are more important than others - all sounds a bit complicated to me for no good reason.
Possibly, you could do first to last then last to first etc.

By doing it in a way akin to this you could select teams very quickly, as opposed to everybody getting a day to choose each individual player. It is far from perfected but would be quite effective.

Unless you'd want it to be more general? Instead of selecting for specific positions you just have one big list, picking the highest ranked player where an open space is available in each turn?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
and the Mancunian judge's scorecard looks like this:

Flowers = Howard
Sagna = Melberg
Berg < Vidic
King = Radebe
Le Saux > Bridge
Viera > Parlour
Fabregas < Keane
Diarra = Okocha
Robben = Kanchelskis
Pires < Yorke
Anelka = Tevez

Very close all over the pitch - defence and keeper pretty even, midfield goes to FortBoyard and attack goes to KM - cant seperate them really, giving my vote to KM due to having a United spine to the team.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Yorke better than Pires, Sagna worse than Melberg at RB? Nah not for me.

You can't just do a straight match up, the point is my midfield three would dominate, and my attacking 3 would be penetrative as the attack comes down the flanks.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Yorke better than Pires, Sagna worse than Melberg at RB? Nah not for me.

You can't just do a straight match up, the point is my midfield three would dominate, and my attacking 3 would be penetrative as the attack comes down the flanks.
a lot of the head2heads are tough calls to be fair.

I actually agree that doing a straight match up is not a great way of doing it - i only do it when i struggle to seperate the teams any other way and still both teams come out more or less even so in the end I just resorted to United bias :devil:

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
As much as I think Erics Collar/ KM has a decent team, It lacks a truly great creative midfielder.

Fabregas does not = Keane because they have entirely different roles. Fabregas pulls the strings.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Possibly, you could do first to last then last to first etc.

By doing it in a way akin to this you could select teams very quickly, as opposed to everybody getting a day to choose each individual player. It is far from perfected but would be quite effective.

Unless you'd want it to be more general? Instead of selecting for specific positions you just have one big list, picking the highest ranked player where an open space is available in each turn?
Actually, to speed things up, we can have everyone on at the same time and do the whole draft in a few hours.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott

The way I understood it (or now an alternative if I'm wrong!) was everyone submits a list to an independent party and there are no 'rounds', just an order of who gets priority, like this:

Team A, 1st draft, order of preference:
1. Shearer
2. Ronaldo
3. Henry
4. Cantona
5. etc.

Team B, 2nd draft, order:
1. Shearer
2. Ronaldo
3. Cantona
4. Henry

Team C, 3rd, order:
1. Schmeichel
2. Shearer
3. Ronaldo
4. Eboue

Team D, 4th, order:
1. Shearer
2. Ronaldo
3. Schmeichel
4. Cantona

So starting out, they've got:

Team A: Shearer (his first choice)
Team B: Ronaldo (because Shearer went)
Team C: Schmeichel (his first choice)
Team D: Cantona (because all his first three had gone)

Assuming only four teams were involved, Team A would also bag Henry and assuming Eboue was low down on Team B's list, Team C could capitalise and take him.

Basically all the lists (which would have to be quite big) are submitted and the squads are worked from there.

I might have completely misread the situation though.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
@Cling
I think TBGB was suggesting a list for each position and then a list of which order you want the positions in as well - which seems overly complicated and the main issue I have is that whoever goes first has a massive advantage.
Anyway there could be something in it to try for a change but the rules needs a bit of tweaking

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
have you considered a larger group of teams next time? instead of matches do groups and have people pick two teams to advance from a round robin style tournament.
well this one originally had 16 teams which is probably as many as is easily manageable to be honest - but all these suggestions could be worth a try for a change

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Meanwhile it is looking like FortBoyard might have built up an unassailable lead with the scores at 22-15 - still time for KM to try and make a comeback ...

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
@Cling
I think TBGB was suggesting a list for each position and then a list of which order you want the positions in as well - which seems overly complicated and the main issue I have is that whoever goes first has a massive advantage.
Anyway there could be something in it to try for a change but the rules needs a bit of tweaking
That is pretty much it, I don't think there is much to gain from being drawn first - if everybody is scrambling over strikers at the beginning, I'd queue up GK, LB, CM as my first picks with Ashley Cole, Cech, Makelele top of each list - you'd most likely get them all.

However if everybody thought like that then you could get the likes of Shearer and Henry as your first picks. Once you get 3/4/5 rounds in it gets very interesting as all the obvious players would be gone and peoples own wild interpretations of who is better than who has an impact on things.

Or alternatively, you just do what Cal says and have everybody online at the same time - if you're not around then you can get an awesome pairing of Robbie Savage and Frank Sinclair.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
Okay, this is the plan.

You would have two options, one of those options is to categorise your players by their position or sub position and specify the order in which you want these categories chosen from - if you want to break it down into attacking/defensive midfielders or different categories of strikers that is up to you. However these categories must correlate with your order of preference for positions to be filled and players cannot be listed in multiple categories.

The alternative option would be to have a general list of preferences, you must give the type of players you are seeking (CM/AM/DM are acceptable - any more intricate than that are not) that you want, and your highest preference not already allocated in a position in your team not already filled will be selected on your behalf. You cannot combine these two choices.

How you rank your preferences is entirely your decision, though you'll always get you highest preference available depending on the particulars of the option chosen. Irrespective of the option you choose you must give a list long enough which will not be exhausted, if you run out of preferences then players will be chosen for you at my full discretion.

The order in which teams will be allocated will be drawn at random and will be announced prior to the submitting of preferences, the order of the draw will be reversed after every round.

Once the draw has been completed, everybody will have the chance to change one player of their chosing, you will not be able to chose a player abandoned from another team. You'll be asked individually to swap a player and be able to immediately claim any player that is available.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Victory!

I'd like to thank my parents, and most of all God for making this happen :)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
The order in which teams will be allocated will be drawn at random and will be announced prior to the submitting of preferences, the order of the draw will be reversed after every round.
As long as you do that then it should solve my main issue - however Ive had a few pints and Im really struggling to understand exactly what you are proposing!

anyway feel free to start a new thread about it ...

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Well done mate - a deserved victory, glad we finally managed to finish this thing off !
Me too mate and thank you.

Don't make me feel guilty for tactically voting against you :(