Gaming PlayStation 5

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Been playing Control for the past few days. What a great game. I don't fully know what the hell is going on, but it's intriguing nonetheless. The combat is great fun and the sense of explorations is incredible. Really enjoying it so far.

You have to play it in 60fps though. Got no idea what's up with the 30fps version, but it doesn't look great. It does have Ray Tracing, which is nice and everything, but it has this weird blur thing going on. The character and camera movements are really weird. I've obviously played plenty of games running at 30fps and none of them have this, so it isn't that. Really weird.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’ve been sitting in the game queue for over an hour.

Smores

If you haven't got one by now you need to check out how to skip queue-it service. Plenty of youtube videos on how to do it and it isn't at all difficult.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Been playing Control for the past few days. What a great game. I don't fully know what the hell is going on, but it's intriguing nonetheless. The combat is great fun and the sense of explorations is incredible. Really enjoying it so far.

You have to play it in 60fps though. Got no idea what's up with the 30fps version, but it doesn't look great. It does have Ray Tracing, which is nice and everything, but it has this weird blur thing going on. The character and camera movements are really weird. I've obviously played plenty of games running at 30fps and none of them have this, so it isn't that. Really weird.
I started it and got my gun and killed a few people but just thought it played awful? May revisit it at some point but it’s not a high priority.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anywhere got any charging stations yet?
Nope, it’s a really technical piece of kit and each requires 7 unique gems hidden across the world and each controller needs to be powered by 4 charging stations hence why they’ve been having such difficulty meeting demand.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Nope, it’s a really technical piece of kit and each requires 7 unique gems hidden across the world and each controller needs to be powered by 4 charging stations hence why they’ve been having such difficulty meeting demand.
It’s ridiculous. I had one on pre order but cancelled it as I didn’t think I’d need it but now I can’t get one I really want one :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I started it and got my gun and killed a few people but just thought it played awful? May revisit it at some point but it’s not a high priority.
Playing it in performance mode is really great; especially when you get some new abilities. I think the gameplay opens up a bit more and you can start to link different moves together. The only time I thought the game played poorly was when I tried it in Graphics mode (or whatever it's called). There's something up with that mode, but in performance, I think it plays great personally. And as I said, the sense of exploration is incredible. Would definitely recommend trying it again when you can.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Playing it in performance mode is really great; especially when you get some new abilities. I think the gameplay opens up a bit more and you can start to link different moves together. The only time I thought the game played poorly was when I tried it in Graphics mode (or whatever it's called). There's something up with that mode, but in performance, I think it plays great personally. And as I said, the sense of exploration is incredible. Would definitely recommend trying it again when you can.
I’m enjoying this too, the way it’s using the controller is great, love shooting my gun.

Dave_MUFC

I recently bought Far Cry 5 + New Dawn in a bundle, and didn't realise it's locked to 30fps.

I used to think 30fps was fine, but my god, it's so jarring. Feels really laggy when you're moving and looking around, especially coming over from God of War, Last of Us Remastered, Spiderman etc.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I’m enjoying this too, the way it’s using the controller is great, love shooting my gun.
Yeah, the slight resistance on the trigger depending on what gun your using is a neat touch. Also, the sound design is incredible.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
It’s ridiculous. I had one on pre order but cancelled it as I didn’t think I’d need it but now I can’t get one I really want one :lol:
Could always grab a cheap 3rd party one to do until the stock comes in again. Theres plenty on Amazon with good reviews.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Control is great, so fun to play. Combat is dope. Story..... So so, but compelling enough.

I've been playing FF7R and the feels.... This game has always been in my top ten, but this remake (so far) has elevated it.

Garethw

I’ve been in the GAME queue for 5 hours. Has something gone wrong or is this normal? :(

Garethw

Five hours on the Game queue to be told that it’s sold out. fecking bullshit.

pascell

Five hours on the Game queue to be told that it’s sold out. fecking bullshit.
I got through and clicked 'secure checkout' it crashed so I clicked back, tried secure checkout again and it told me I'd added too many times to my basket too quickly. Then I refreshed the page and tried again a few mins later then it kicked me to the back of the queue

rotherham_red

Bit of a random query, but has anyone ever played Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on PSNow? I'm on the last boss, Senator Armstrong, and he is such a cnut to get past. Just when you think you've beaten him, he gets another lease of life and I've now used up all my additional health packs so I can't get extend the fight beyond the 140% health that I get when the game restarts on the final checkpoint.