Gaming PlayStation 5

Wal2Fra

I've got the T150, got it for £180 with the pro pedal set included. It's a great wheel, the FFB is great.

Also got F1 a few days ago, it's a good game, but it's riddled with a load of game breaking bugs at the moment, like playing coop with my mate, the first race would be over after 1 lap and we would both get DNFs. Can't do more than a few laps without crashing though :lol:
Any issues with the single player/my team? I have only seen gameplay through youtube which I guess doesn't go through the gamebugs

Yeah the t150 is solid.
Thanks both, will be added to the shopping list!

Dave_MUFC

Any issues with the single player/my team? I have only seen gameplay through youtube which I guess doesn't go through the gamebugs

Thanks both, will be added to the shopping list!
Haven't encountered any single player issues myself, although have seen others having some general, although AI balancing still needs to be improved, Bottas is winning most races which isn't realistic at all etc.

Wal2Fra

Haven't encountered any single player issues myself, although have seen others having some general, although AI balancing still needs to be improved, Bottas is winning most races which isn't realistic at all etc.
There is sure to be a patch released to tidy a few things up as is the norm these day.

I don’t tend to focus to much on who wins as I am more likely to put the car in the grandstand than the podium!! :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It’s class, you will be amazed at how fast it is.
Aye, once it's here and I open it I'll probably be buzzing, got miles Morales with it, extra controller too. Still plodding through AC Valhalla on PS4 so might transfer that across for extra shinyness. Only thing I'm really excited for is Horizon Forbidden West, kena looks cool too mind.

LoneStar

Could someone help me with picking out a game I might like? I really don't like games where the emphasis is on stories and there are lots of cutscenes etc. Also no side missions if possible. Just need core gameplay, and the focus should be one improving on this gameplay throughout the duration of the game. I know this is kind of vague, but I'm struggling to put what I want into words atm.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Could someone help me with picking out a game I might like? I really don't like games where the emphasis is on stories and there are lots of cutscenes etc. Also no side missions if possible. Just need core gameplay, and the focus should be one improving on this gameplay throughout the duration of the game. I know this is kind of vague, but I'm struggling to put what I want into words atm.
Returnal - there is a story and the odd cutscene but nothing at all too heavy. It's a very difficult game if you like a challenge.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Getting the disc version is easily the best choice here if you are a bit skint for money. Have just bought Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank for 25 pounds each. Can't make myself pay for 60 quid for a game. And I can resell them as well when I feel done with them.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Bought Streets of Rage 4. What a fun game. I was in the mood for something like this. Don't have to concentrate on the narrative or watch 20 minute cut scenes, just pure gameplay. I will say, not a huge fan of the music. It's not terrible, but it really doesn't stand out like in Streets of Rage 2

Irwin99

Bought Streets of Rage 4. What a fun game. I was in the mood for something like this. Don't have to concentrate on the narrative or watch 20 minute cut scenes, just pure gameplay. I will say, not a huge fan of the music. It's not terrible, but it really doesn't stand out like in Streets of Rage 2
Just completed it myself. Feel dirty as I put on assist mode for the final level as it (and my own incompetence) was pissing me right off but all in all it was good fun. Music wasn’t great I agree but I just put on Spotify over it.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Just completed it myself. Feel dirty as I put on assist mode for the final level as it (and my own incompetence) was pissing me right off but all in all it was good fun. Music wasn’t great I agree but I just put on Spotify over it.
Yeah, some of the enemies are a real pain in the arse. Those mohawk women that fly kick through the air fry my brain!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Have you played God of War?

TrustInJanuzaj

Ah yes, God of War. The game with an infamously minimal story :lol:

@LoneStar Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil Village might work better. There's cutscenes but the gameplay comes first and foremost.
I didn’t really have a clue what was happening most of the time with the story. The gameplay carries it for me. Such satisfying combat.

TrustInJanuzaj

Oh man what a game, even if you haven’t played the originals it’s a must play.
Yeh I never played the originals but it’s easily one of the best games I’ve ever played. Unbelievable combat and the world is great too. Can’t wait for the next one. I still remember buying it with trepidation wondering if I’d enjoy it but man was a glad that I did.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Doom and Metal Gear Solid V are two games with excellent gameplay where the story, at least for me, doesn't matter one bit.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Never played either. Is Metal Gear purely stealth gameplay?
Not strictly. For me, it's best played that way and is in contention for one of the best games I've ever played gameplay-wise. You can go all-in guns blazing, but the game is at its best when you pick people off carefully. It's just really satisfying. Especially when you start using the sniper rifle which comes in both lethal and tranquilizer form, so you can transport people back to your base.

It's just an incredible game to play.

Bosws87

Metal Gear Solid 1-4 are excellent it went drastically downhill once it became sandbox open world.

Bosws87

MGS V is one of the best games of all time from a gameplay perspective. Story, not so much.
Have to agree to disagree, it was just another generic open world game for me i hated it, i'm well and truly open world fatigued.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Have to agree to disagree, it was just another generic open world game for me i hated it, i'm well and truly open world fatigued.
Well, we're in agreement there. I'm the same way. I've had enough of them (with some exceptions). Although, I think I've had enough of the Ubisoft-style open-world game, which is just the same shite game after game. It's like a creative vacuum.

MGS V was that exception for me. It was just so good.

b82REZ

But MGSV wasn't a traditional open world. Only BoTW beats it for the most realised open world ever created. The options you had available on each mission was mind boggling.

The main issue with that world is it's lifeless. It's very much is intended as a sandbox for players to mess around in rather than being a traditional open world.

Gameplay wise MGSV is the best of the series (arguments can be made for 3 being as good). It just didn't feel like a proper MGS game because the story took a backseat and gave the agency to the player.

LoneStar

Have you played God of War?
No, I haven't. Are you referring to the latest one, or the original ones? I have a PS5, so not sure if the original ones are compatible.

Doom and Metal Gear Solid V are two games with excellent gameplay where the story, at least for me, doesn't matter one bit.
I just got the Doom disc delivered yesterday! Looking at the trailer and reviews, it seemed like a no nonsense shooting game.

Ah yes, God of War. The game with an infamously minimal story :lol:

@LoneStar Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil Village might work better. There's cutscenes but the gameplay comes first and foremost.
Thanks! I'll take a look at these.

LoneStar

Btw any tips on FPS games with aiming? I used to play CSGO and COD in college using a MKB, but aiming seems very hard with a controller.