Polly Bancroft | heading to Grimsby

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Excellent. We badly needed this. This is a good step for the women's team. Hopefully Bancroft can also push the agenda to improve the women's overall experiences with United with regards to the training facilities, stadium, etc.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I'm pleased to hear it. Bit of a shame about the timing, having her there for summer recruitment and preseason planning would have been better. Still, good that we've finally got someone in the plan.

Her first job...

Grande

Good news to begin with. Wish I knew more about the job she’s done at Brighton, but they seem like their women’s team have been fairly well run.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
A maybe related story:

Often writes (very knowledgeably) about women's football. Maybe part of the fan communication and social media revamp that the club was talking about doing?

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
She used to work for UEFA. I remember her being involved in #WEPLAYSTRONG, so very experienced in that area as an administrator. But I didn't know that she's also an ex player.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Not many female CEOs in the EFL. Congrats, Polly!

Sounds like a good opportunity for her. Not easy for a woman to break into that kind of role and a tough job for anyone.

Incidentally, for anyone wondering, the Grimsby budget and average playing staff salaries are in the same ball park as the United women's team.