PL W FA Premier League

Aston Villa 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 11 February 2024

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Beat Villa away, who have a superb home record, and people are still moaning? Unreal.

M16Red

It was simply a childish response to what was otherwise an interesting discussion
Saying Shaw should wear a sports bra interesting....is it.

I think that Shaw looks like he's been working in Gym, bet his body fat is under 13% easily.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
None of that was a defence of ETH as the true chosen one tbh. And personally I prefer to wait a season before deciding how incredible such instant transformations will ultimately pan out. Many were saying similar about ETH at this stage last season (the Barca games were literally this week a year ago) compared to the likes of Ole or Jose… even Conte at Spurs started well. Chelsea fans were saying how amazing Poch’s instant impact was in PRE-SEASON!! People also said the same about Artea, before he suddenly became ‘Lego-Pep’ and then just as suddenly didn’t again. Brendan at Liverpool too etc etc

Who knows how Ange’s Spurs will pan out. He’s doing great atm but really it’s still far too soon to say he’d do anything similar at a club with more pressure and a far more entitled calibre of player. Poch at Spurs & Chelsea is a great example of a certain type of manager only working at a certain profile club.

And this isn’t about ETH, merely about the wildly different ways people view specific performances.
Excellent post

Scanny

Well thats the joke isnt it.
On a forum where fotball is discussed, my spelling is the topic, because most of you know im right.
I guess the thruth hurts.
As with all forums there is no truth, just opinion and discussion.

M16Red

I think you misunderstand if you think this lvl of play will give consistent results.
I would rather loose and play consistantly good, than play like this and get odd lucky results.
In my 30+ years of following United, this is the worst version i have seen so far.
Bad manager coupled with unlikable, fotball stupid players.

If we dont make massive changes this summer, nothing will change.
ETH cant even set up a defence properly.
I think EtH has done well, considering the open heart surgery Rangnick recommended.

Its just going to take time because we are not 115FC and can't just pump money into the club - even if we didn't have the tw*ts at the top.

As for the spelling, I'm dyslexic and had some tit questioning my spelling/grammer. I don't let it bother me now, because they don't know me. I speak one language and badly!

I also use the preview more now.

caid

I feel like a lot of the chances we concede from recent weeks are usually shots outside the box, under pressure, through multiple bodies and aren't particularly dangerous in general. Sometimes some randomer will bang in a thunder bolt from 35 yards with some help from a deflection maybe (Newport County) but im not particularly worried about it most of the time.
I just see 17 shots conceded in recent weeks and think 'meh' because about 2 of them were real chances. Controlling possession a bit more would be nice mind you.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Or maybe its just looking for some balance. He's got a long way to go and some of the excuses for him were laughable for a club of this stature. Beyond having more players back there is no real evidence on the pitch of a well coached team and certainly no sign of one that can dominate the ball and possession as the top teams do.
Why is everyone so obsessed with possession nowadays? Just try to play the Manchester United way, adapted to modern football. Sure, it's important to have control of matches, but not every side has to be possession-oriented. It's ruining football.

Scanny

Why is everyone so obsessed with possession nowadays? Just try to play the Manchester United way, adapted to modern football. Sure, it's important to have control of matches, but not every side has to be possession-oriented. It's ruining football.
Couldn’t agree with you more.

Vidooq

Because we are conceding too many chances when not in possession and we dont control games, even against lesser teams. We are extremely bad, possession wise, in the last 10 minutes where we have a lead.

I can tell you so many examples where we turn over possession so fast when closing down matches, that the defence can not catch a breather. Its barrage of attacks, one after the other. I would love for us to be able to keep the ball at the end of the matches for 2-3 minutes spells, so that everything can come down, and we kill momentum of the opposition.

I'm not saying that we must have 65% and above at all cost, but to be able to pick in which parts of the game we should be dominating the possession.

Reactions: top1whoisman

OmarUnited4ever

I am just glad we beat Villa and broke even on GD, it was a sore sight to be in the negatives for GD

lex talionis

Onana made saves he wasn't making earlier in the season. Our finishing was better than it was earlier in the season.

Victory ensued.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 267 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Aston Villa 1:2 Man Utd