Premier League Gameweek 34-35

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
If arsenal don’t win the league this year then I don’t think they ever will. They’ve been sensational this season.
We're competing with a 1.5 Bn pound team with 115 charges managed by one of the best manager ever. Wouldn't surprise me if we still didn't win it.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Odegaard’s so good it won’t be long till the likes of Madrid come calling…..

the_cliff

And Caicedo and Diassi and Badiasheli and Madueke and Jackson and Cucurella and Fofana and Lavia. Maybe I missed some others.
Pretty much everyone bar Palmer have been terrible. Says it all that people have even forgotten about Mudryk and Sterling...

Oscar Bonavena

My eldest daughter (10) came in the room, heard Ally McCoist doing co commentary and asked why are they speaking a different language

saivet

It means City or Liverpool is better than Arsenal throughout the season.
I know that, based on watching the teams play, City have been a bit overwhelming and Liverpool look like a side punching above their weight.

I'm talking about the quality of football displayed anyway. Ultimately it doesn't mean anything if you don't get the most points (taking aside my bias against Liverpool and City).

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
I hate to nit pick during such a convincing performance... but if we were ever going to give Saka and Odegaard a rest, surely it's at 5-0?
Unfortunately, that's the nature of the league now with 115 charges. Campaigns that in previous years would have won the league are not quite good enough with the nation state cheats usually winning 15 in a row at the end of campaign.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Pretty much everyone bar Palmer have been terrible. Says it all that people have even forgotten about Mudryk and Sterling...
Sterling I can get, he was great at City and was a logical signing. A lot of others were just random signings and some more were way overpriced.

Nick7

And Caicedo and Diassi and Badiasheli and Madueke and Jackson and Cucurella and Fofana and Lavia. Maybe I missed some others.
A quarter of a billion on Enzo, Caicedo, and Lavia. Two who have been average at best, appalling at worst and the third has less than 30 minutes game time this season. Insane.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If we won 28-0 in our next 2 matches, we'd still be behind Arsenal on goal difference
We're miles behind them on that and we're only 3 points behind them. They've been battering a lot of sides and keeping far more clean sheets than City and ourselves.

Adz_99

As bleak as our season has been, Chelsea look like a club circling the drain. Big FFP issues and a billion pound squad on contacts into the 2030s.

Their new owners make Mike Ashley look half decent.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
If arsenal don’t win the league this year then I don’t think they ever will. They’ve been sensational this season.
We've not been sensational. This is the weakest PL I've ever known. Yes, we've been really good at times; but whenever we face a coached cohesive team, with class players, we've been found out.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We've not been sensational. This is the weakest PL I've ever known. Yes, we've been really good at times; but whenever we face a coached cohesive team, with class players, we've been found out.
You took 4 points of both City and Pool and you think you've been found out whenever you have faced a coached cohesive team?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I know that, based on watching the teams play, City have been a bit overwhelming and Liverpool look like a side punching above their weight.

I'm talking about the quality of football displayed anyway. Ultimately it doesn't mean anything if you don't get the most points (taking aside my bias against Liverpool and City).
I thought we learned quite a lot from the tie against Bayern about the weakness of Arsenal's tactic already. When it works it is pleasing to the eye for sure.

the_cliff

Oh come off it. I've said it on here many times, over the course of the last 2 seasons you've been the best team in the league. In terms of dominating performances, style of play, the only thing missing is a trophy and I don't think many people will disagree including City fans.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
First half Chelsea were plenty good. Could have been 2-2 in first half.
Had they manager first 15 mins of second half better the game would have been close actually.
That first half should give Chelsea fans some hope.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We're competing with a 1.5 Bn pound team with 115 charges managed by one of the best manager ever. Wouldn't surprise me if we still didn't win it.
It’s now or never I believe. You’re much stronger than last season. Think the Villa loss will cost you though.

DJ_21

I’d say you’re stronger than last season. You’re very good defensively. How is this the weakest PL? Last seasons was weaker when it was a 2 horse race. This year it’s a 3 horse race. You managed to avoid defeat to city this year, been good against the top teams.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
You took 4 points of both City and Pool and you think you've been found out whenever you have faced a coached cohesive team?
There not the only well coached teams in Europe and regardless, that doesn't mean we've been sensational. Happy about tonight, but still a long way to go.

whitbyviking

Pretty certain some in here were using the Jackson signing as a stick to beat us with at the start of the season. Went well :wenger:

he’s still better than some of our options

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Oh come off it. I've said it on here many times, over the course of the last 2 seasons you've been the best team in the league. In terms of dominating performances, style of play, the only thing missing is a trophy and I don't think many people will disagree including City fans.
How can you be the best team in the league without trophies? We've always had a dominant, beautiful, passing playing style barring 3 or 4 years of the last 25 seasons. Let's win some cups first and then we'll call ourselves that.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
I’d say you’re stronger than last season. You’re very good defensively. How is this the weakest PL? Last seasons was weaker when it was a 2 horse race. This year it’s a 3 horse race. You managed to avoid defeat to city this year, been good against the top teams.
Stronger defensively this season due to our defenders gaining experience, and with Rice's addition. However, in terms of overall cohesion, I think we looked better last season. Having an extra team in the title race doesn't mean a stronger league. If anything, it could suggest the opposite.

BorisManUtd

Big win for Arsenal and especially as it improves their GD even more and you'd think neither City or Liverpool can catch their goal difference which could be important factor at the end.

DJ_21

Stronger defensively this season due to our defenders gaining experience, and with Rice's addition. However, in terms of overall cohesion, I think we looked better last season. Having an extra team in the title race doesn't mean a stronger league. If anything, it could suggest the opposite.
Don’t know how you work that one out but alright then. Surely more teams challenging for the league/top 4 places make it an harder league no? You have teams like Villa and spurs in the mix now for top 4 so that’s more competitive in itself.

DJ_21

Big win for Arsenal and especially as it improves their GD even more and you'd think neither City or Liverpool can catch their goal difference which could be important factor at the end.
Ye it means city don’t have to lose to gift arsenal the league. They could draw 1. The only games city could potentially drop points in is the Brighton and spurs game. Think they’ll win all the rest